Surprise Seven

Supermarket Surprises

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for the overwhelming love for this story. I had only intended it to be a one-shot but so many of you subscribed, up voted, and commented on the first chapter that I just couldn't help myself and had to write some more. Thanks for all the love. I love you all!

 

L xxx

 


 

“Surprise?”

 

Her jaw dropped as she looked at him. “You’re really Jeon Jungkook? Like, the maknae of BTS, Jeon Jungkook?” she said, her voice showing just how stunned she was. He nodded, twisting the material of his mask in his hands as he waited to see how she would react. She let out a loud laugh, catching him off-guard. “I knew it!” she said excitedly. His eyebrows shot upwards in surprise. “What?”

 

“I mean, I thought I was just imagining it. I blamed the late hour and the darkness but I thought it was you!” she said with another laugh. “You knew who I was? This whole time?” he asked. She shook her head. “Not the whole time. I figured it out a little while ago.” She admitted, a small, guilty smile on her face. “But how?” he asked, he was always careful to hide his face, and he never mentioned any of his hyungs names, as it would have been too obvious. He had also been careful to never mention his work to her.

 

“How many guys called Jungkook are your age, height, that don’t attend classes and have hectic schedules like you do? It took me ages to click on though. You always hid your face and didn’t really talk about yourself, I just thought you were kinda shy at first. But the first time we ate ice cream together I caught a glimpse of your face. It was only a second as a car drove by and the light hit your face. I didn’t work out who you were until the next day when I was watching your “Fire” MV.”

 

Jungkook was shocked, he hadn’t expected her to have already figured out his identity. “Why didn’t you ever say anything?” he asked curiously. She shrugged. “I figured that if you wanted to tell me who you were then you would. I can understand why you didn’t want me to know. You didn’t know me and I’m sure getting hounded by some crazy girl who hangs out in shopping trolleys isn’t really high up on your priority list.” She said with an easy smile. Jungkook smiled back at her. “It took me so long to decide whether or not to tell you who I am. I've been freaking out over this decision for ages!” he said, a slight whine to his voice. “I can’t believe after all that, you already knew!” he said, shoving her playfully.

 

She laughed, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to ruin your big surprise.” He chuckled, “I’m actually kinda relieved. When I talked to Yoongi hyung about this I got even more nervous. I was worried that if I told you who I was it might change our relationship.” He admitted. “Nothing needs to change.” She said, “Unless you want it to.” She added. He smiled at her, an enormous weight lifted from his shoulders. “No, I think things are perfect just like this.” He said, giving her a warm smile while Yoongi watched them from afar. “Way to go maknae.” He said as he pulled his hat lower over his eyes and headed back to the dorm.