Surprise Six

Supermarket Surprises

After their last meeting, the decision of whether or not to tell her who he was had been playing heavily on his mind. He finally confessed everything to Yoongi, hoping that the older man would be able to give him some advice. He told the older man everything. About how they had met, how they had kept in contact over the past couple of months, how he felt like she was a true friend. Yoongi had listened to the younger man spill out the secret that he had been holding onto without interrupting. Once Jungkook finally finished, Yoongi took a minute to think over everything he had said.

 

“So, what you're trying to work out is whether or not you should tell her than you're Jeon Jungkook, and not just Jungkook?” Yoongi said as he laid on his bed, Jungkook sitting cross-legged beside him, absentmindedly twirling his phone in his hands. He nodded, “Yeah, even though she’s never made a fuss about it, I kinda feel like I’m lying to her because she doesn’t know who I really am.” He admitted. Yoongi nodded in understanding. “Do you think she would treat you differently if she knew who you really were?”

 

Jungkook shook his head. “I don’t think she would. I mean, I think she would be surprised, but I don’t think she would treat me any differently than she does now.” Yoongi nodded again. “If I was you, I’d tell her. Worst case scenario, she’s a crazy fan. You said she doesn’t know where the dorm is, so all you'd need to do is make it back here and avoid the supermarket from now on. Best case scenario, she treats you the same as she does now and you know that she's a true friend.” Jungkook thought over Yoongi’s words, “Thanks, hyung.” He said before heading to his own room.

 

He looked at his phone, bringing up Hwa-young’s number. His finger hovered over the message button, his mind still swithering between his two options. Finally, he pressed the message button, asking her if they could meet. She replied almost immediately saying that she was helping her brother with his English homework, but she would be free later. He checked the time, noticing it was still quite early. He replied, telling her to message him whenever she was free.

 

His hair was still damp from his shower, so he quickly jumped up and dried and styled it, earning him some confused looks from Taehyung. “Why are you doing your hair at this time of night?” he asked, his mouth full of cereal. “Just messing about.” He replied as he headed back into his room, applying some face cream, needing some way to distract himself until Hwa-young messaged him back.

 

It felt like an eternity later when she finally messaged him. He pulled on his hat and slipped on a mask as he shouted to his hyungs that he was heading to the supermarket, Yoongi giving him an encouraging nod as he left. He quickly went to the supermarket, feeling incredibly nervous. He sat on the chairs outside of the supermarket as he waited for her.

 

She appeared five minutes later, her hands stuffed into her hoodie pockets. She gave him a bright smile as she sat down beside him. “Hey, how's you?” she asked brightly. “I’m good.” He said, feeling even more nervous now that she was finally in front of him. Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked at him. “Are you sure?” she asked, picking up on his uneasiness. “Yeah, it’s just… I want to tell you something, but I’m not sure how you're gonna react.” He said, his eyes darting in her direction to gauge her reaction.

 

She gave him a curious look, “What is it you want to tell me? Are you moving away or something?” she asked, sounding worried. He shook his head. “No, it’s nothing like that.” He said, taking a deep breath. “Wow, this is actually harder than I thought it was going to be.” He mumbled. He took another deep breath, turning to face her. “Promise you won't freak out?” he asked nervously. She nodded hesitantly. He pulled off his hat and mask, giving her a small grin. “Surprise?”