The Fight and Athena

Be Prepared

 

 

Jungkook stared at the digital clock on the wall.

 

 

13:59

 

 

He grinned happily and did a mental celebration. He jumped down from his upside down position on the monkey bars and landed on both his feet safely. His bangs were sticking to his forehead due to the endless droplets of sweat trickling down his face, but still, he looks hot. The white t-shirt he was wearing was now drenched with sweat.

 

He went over to the other side of the training room and started his pull-ups on the bar provided a little bit too enthusiastically. The smile on his lips did not falter even when he had been exercising for more than 5 hours nonstop. 

 

“He is insane,” V mouthed to Jin, who happened to be standing next to him in the weight lifting area. The older could only sigh, shrug his shoulders and continued with his own training session.

Every person working in the company is obligated to undergo physical training for at least two hours per day if there aren’t any missions to do(including the agents that work indoors) but Bangtan members must do 4 each day, excluding the accuracy training (shooting and things). So to say that Jungkook is insane is an understatement because his session ended like an hour ago and he was supposed to be relaxing with Suga and Jimin in the lounge room. And everyone knows the reason why he stayed behind.

 

 

14:00

 

 

The door to the training area opened with a loud bang. All heads turned to face the guest.

Jin swore he could see Jungkook’s grin getting brighter and wider at the sight of the incoming person.

 

Jungkook stopped doing the pull-ups and walked tiredly towards the only person he had been waiting all day. With a playful smirk, he walked closer to Minhee who was lost in her own thoughts.

 

When Minhee felt a defined figure blocking her path, she looked up to give that person a piece of her mind. She should have known that there is only one person in this part of building who would be daring enough to bother her.

 

“Welcome back, Princess.”

 

 

 Minhee heaved a deep sigh, “ off, Cookie.”

 

 

“Don’t be such a cold-hearted princess and talk to me.”

 

 V was holding his breath in anticipation. Minhee had always hated being called a princess and every time Jungkook would try to pick up a fight, ‘princess’ would be his word trigger and Minhee would always have a very explosive reaction. Then chaos will ensue.

 

“I’m not in the mood, Jungkook.”

 

Jungkook was about to refute with another comeback to create another bickering session but stopped midway. He noticed that Minhee wasn’t even looking at him right in the eye like she usually did whenever they have this kind of stupid quarrel. She looked… tired.

 

“Please,” she begged with the softest voice he had ever heard. “Not today.”

 

 

The smirk on Jungkook’s lips faltered slowly. Even V and Jin who were quietly observing the scene couldn’t help but feel rather surprised. This is the first time they have seen Minhee so quiet. Usually she’s the one who would burst through the doors and bug the hell out of Jungkook with her ever so annoying chatter or vice versa.
Something is wrong.

Jungkook thought hard. Did he do something wrong? Wait. Even when he did something terrible like killing a person or burn down a building Minhee wouldn’t even care. So what is actually going on?

 

 

The door to the training area opened dramatically for the second time. The people in the gym watched as Park Chanyeol marched himself inside with knitted eyebrows, eyes roaming the place to find something. Or rather someone.

 

Today must be somehow miraculous because the infamously lazy Park Chanyeol, who wouldn’t even do 5 sit ups in his entire life, stepped his foot in the training area and FYI, Park Chanyeol never visited the work out centre before in his entire career. V pulled out his phone and recorded the ‘once in a lifetime’ scene.

 

 

Minhee side-step Jungkook and walked away from Chanyeol who had already spotted her.

 

“Minhee!” Chanyeol called but was ignored by the female. “You should know that Kai was only thinking about you and your safety. It's not like he wanted this to happen!”

 

The said girl turned around with an unreadable expression. “So my safety is more important than the whole triad’s well being? What kind of bull is that?!”

 

 

She continued walking away with Chanyeol tailing her.

 

From a distance Jungkook could see Chanyeol taking her wrist with an iron grip and tugging her hand harshly. Both of them were in the middle of a serious conversation, with shouts and curse words flowing like an endless stream, near the cardio area. And if it weren’t for his self-control, Jungkook would have sped off and landed a punch on the taller male’s face for being such a . He couldn’t even read their eyes and gestures which is quite frustrating.

The young male was then brought back to reality when the phone in his pocket vibrated. With a swift hand movement, he picked up the call.

 

 

“Is Jung Minhee there?”

 

 

The boy stayed silent, hand gripping his phone a little too tightly.

 

“Jungkook, are you there? Is Minhee in the 23rd floor?”

 

 

“Yes, hyung. She’s here.”

 

The other line went silent for a few seconds. Jungkook could hear shuffling of shoes against marble tiles and a sigh. He could really imagine Seungri rubbing his face in annoyance.

 

“Jungkook, do me a favor. Don’t let Kai and Minhee meet until tomorrow.”

 

“Why? Is something wrong?”

 

 

“Just do it.”

 

 

“I’m here not to listen to you quoting a sports brand motto. What the hell is going on?”

 

 

“I’ll let Hyuna and Suzy explain later. Just hear me out this time okay? Sehun and I are already having a hard time managing a man with temper so it’s your job to handle hers. Baekhyun gave up on the job but you are the closest with Minhee so I can trust you with the job right?”  Seungri asked but heard more as an order.

 

 

From the corner of his eye, Jungkook could see that Chanyeol and Minhee are already calmer but both still have the sour expression on their face, still annoyed. Her face had gone paler than usual and actually Jungkook is worried to death.

 

 

“What should I do to prevent them from seeing each other?”

 

 

“Do anything. Take her to Disneyland, lock her up in BTS’ dorm, or send her to an assylum. Anything will do, anything will do. I hope other bangtan members can help you.”

 

 

Without saying anything, Jungkook abruptly ended the call. V and Jin walked to him slowly, telepathically asking the youngest to let Chanyeol and Minhee be alone for now. Other workers were already gone when the fight erupted and only the three Bangtan members remained.

Reluctantly, Jungkook went over to his bag and threw his scattered towels and water bottle into the gym bag before heading to the exit.

 

 

 

It’s okay, Jungkook. Chanyeol is a softie and wouldn’t even hurt a fly. Besides, if I ever found a single scratch on Minhee then I have a reason to choke Chanyeol, Jungkook tried consoling himself.

 

 

 

The three of them walked down the carpeted hallway with unspoken worry. It was silent throughout their journey to the elevator before V suddenly dashed forward, shrieking like a hysterical psycho and tackled a man at the end of hallway into a bone-crushing hug. Both Jin and Jungkook rolled their eyes and greeted the man who was waiting for the same underground lift. The man seemed to be already used to this kind of treatment from V.

“Hi Baek hyung,” Jin greeted.

 

He was replied with a muffled reply from Baekhyun as V was still choking him.

 

Jungkook then remembered what Seungri said about separating Kai and Minhee for a day. Baekhyun always know the latest gossips so it won’t hurt asking right? But V is being a right now. So for the moment Jungkook kept himself mum about the whole ordeal.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

“Spill it, cookie.”

 

Jungkook looked up from his sitting position on the floor with ramen noodles dangling in his mouth. He quirked an eyebrow and pointed the noodles questioningly with his chopsticks.

 

“Not the food, you idiot.” L face-palmed himself. “What is bothering you?”  the man asked again.

The younger boy chewed the food and swallowed it in no time, “what do you mean?”

 

“Stop playing dumb with me, you do know that in the whole triad I’m the best at reading people’s mimics and facial expressions. You look troubled.”

 

 

“I thought that was Woohyun hyung’s speciality.”

 

 

L scoffed and leaned back to the leather couch. “You look like you are about to murder someone. You should probably tell me before I make you say it myself.”

 

That piqued the interests of everyone in the lounge area. Jungkook saw Baekhyun looking up from the magazine he was reading and gave him a playful smirk.

“Baekhyun hyung,” Jungkook called.  The older acknowledged with a single nod. “We need to talk.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

And that was how Baekhyun found himself sitting on Jeon Jungkook’s bed back in Bangtan's dorm, admiring all the weapon posters on the wall and playing with a Pikachu blanket which Jungkook stated that it belonged to Rapmon.

“So, let me make a lucky guess.” The brown haired male tapped his index fingertip on his chin in attempt to look as if he was thinking hard when actually he’s just playing with the younger. “You’re secretly dying inside when Chanyeol went to cheer Minhee up in the training room and you are probably wondering what in the world is going on with all the Kai and Minhee drama. Am I right or am I right?”

 

Jungkook who was sitting next to Baekhyun on the bed rolled his eyes because yes, Baekhyun is right.

“Cheer her up? Since when does cursing and shouting become a sense of comfort? Would you care to explain now?” Jungkook crossed his arms impatiently.

 

“Nope, not gonna tell you anything.”

 

The younger male gave Baekhyun a terrifying glare, “look, I’m Minhee’s best friend. I deserve to know something. Besides, Chanyeol hyung was so rude. He didn’t have to tug her hand that hard.”

 

“Why do I get a feeling that you’re way too worried for a best friend?”

 

 

Another glare from Jungkook and Baekhyun immediately shut up. “Fine. Here’s the thing.” Baek cleared his throat to create the dramatic effect. “The annual ‘Athena’ party invited Kai to the party. And before you say anything else, they invited Minhee too.”

 

 

And Jeon Jungkook felt his stomach dropped.

 

Athena Annual Ball, for many, is a sophisticated party that is held to entertain the top 1% population only. With hand-picked diamond chandeliers hanging on the high ceiling, top-notch wine and 5 star cuisines served, champagne flinging here and there, and the elegant décor, that place feels like heaven for many. But only the attendants and participants know that the party is a camouflage for the annual organization meeting going on deep within. Heads of various triads will gather and discuss about their current statuses. Even if they practically hate each other and wanted to punch one another right in the face, but for that night, they are allies against the government. Let’s just say that the government is the public enemy for them and keeping themselves hidden from their radar is considered a job well done. Government = enemy, keep that in mind.

 

 

“No way,” he murmured in disbelief. “The ATHENA party?"

“Yes way. This is why Kai was mad. You know, Kai is trying to detach Minhee as far as possible from the mafia life and erased every possible data of her existence. But somehow, everyone in the industry found out and thinks that Kai found himself a girlfriend, they insisted that she come along. Kai bluntly rejected Minhee’s invitation and asked either Seolhyun or Cho Ah as the replacement. But you know how the comity works, they have their ways to threaten even the fearless Kai. When Minhee found out that our group would be in total crisis if she doesn’t go, she was more than willing to attend.”

 

Baekhyun gulped and took a deep breath before continuing. “Well to make it simple, Kai was furious about Minhee meeting other dangerous people aside himself and Minhee is too stubborn for her own good so they were involved in one of the worst fights I have ever seen. It’s been a while since I’ve seen Kai so worked up, well, since Monggu died I think. And FYI, Chanyeol is the nice guy here because he was punched 3 times by a raging Kai and slapped twice by an emotional Minhee. But he is still not weeping himself in my office and I kinda appreciate it.”

 

 

Even before the real thing starts, Jungkook thinks that this is not going to end well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------

 

its been forever since i updated but the tests and homework this past few days are absurd. Each deadline of tasks are close to each other and i think i might pass out any second.

Anyway.

 

Thank you for anyone who is willing to read my crappy story , to everyone that subscribed and upvoted and not to mention commented on the story. I really appreciate it. Forgive me for all the grammatical and spelling errors. THANK YOUUUU