Student Loans and Guns (prologue)

Be Prepared

 

 

 

 

10 fully armed men were standing behind her, ready to shoot. Hand guns on ready position, waiting for the order from their boss.

 

The boss, to be stated simply, is a man who does not look like he could do 15 jumping jacks because he looks fragile and too skinny for his own good but there was a revolver that costs more than a person’s life insurance on his hand that he keeps on twirling playfully like it wasn’t harmful at all. Actually he looks like a toddler who was given a toy gun but instead he was the notorious man who managed to shoot down a group of military-trained soldiers without batting an eye.

 

“I’ll give you 2 minutes to tell me why I shouldn’t kill you. Try entertaining me, and maybe I could let you live.”

 

The girl who was kneeling on the floor with face stained with ugly mascara running down her face and unshed tears in her eyes looked up to the man with surprise.

 

 

“Please don’t kill me, I am a victim here! I did not do anything wrong and I did not want anything to do with this in the first place. I work there, in that club, and I have no idea that this would happen. Spare my life and I’ll do anything you say. Just let me live! I won’t report this to the police, please let me live! I… I still have a family to feed. My brothers and sisters are waiting for me at home they need me to feed them and to support them. I need to take care of them. My parents died and I have to…”

 

“Time’s up. You’re no fun.”

 

“Please don’t kill me!” She wailed.

And cried.

 And shouted.

And cried again.

And wept.

 

The young boss covered his ears and scrunched up his face in distaste. He never liked whiny girls. He wanted entertainment, not further stress.

 

So he decided to turn around, back facing the hysteric girl, admiring the expensive painting on his wall with a sigh instead. He waved his hand dismissively as a sign and thunderous gunshots were heard throughout the huge room.

 

 

“Is she dead yet?” the boss questions.

 

“Yes sir, we have taken the body outside. Please wait for a few minutes the boys are cleaning up the remaining blood on the floor.”

7 done, 1 to go.

The young boss heard some of his men rushing into his room and started rubbing off the blood stains. It’s quite the irony when someone as ruthless as him would be disgusted to see blood and stuff.

 

“Okay, don’t make me wait too long. Bring in the last one.”

 

“As you wish, sir.”

 

 

 

 

 

The huge mahogany door swung open not long after that, revealing the previous armed men now escorting another girl. But this time, the woman did not try to escape or wiggle her way out. She stayed calm unlike the previous girls.

She was thrown to the ground right in front of the big boss.  Both her hands were cuffed behind her back so throwing tantrums now is not an option.

 

“I’ll give you 2 minutes to tell me why I shouldn’t kill you. Try entertaining me, and maybe I could let you live.”  The boss repeated himself like a robot and sat on his comfortable leather chair. Actually he had the least of care what she had to say because in the end she’ll die in his hands anyway.

The girl heaved a deep sigh and spoke, “could you kill me now. I’m having a terrible hangover right now and I’d rather die than vomit all my food out.”

 

 

Kai looked at her strangely.

 

“Come on, give me a break. Just shoot already before I start to vomit on your white carpet and turn it into something that you would rather not look at.”

 

He stood up from his seat and walked around the girl slowly, asking his men to move further away from the kneeling girl. He could hear her faint whispers of ‘I should have brought an aspirin’  and  ‘dammit my head hurts’.

 

“Excuse me, but do you know that your live is in my hands right now. I can decide whether to let you live or not,” Kai glared at her.

 

“I do know that… wait,” she stopped herself from talking further and closed her eyes.

Kai looked at her weirdly. He crouched down to her eye level, ready to knock some senses into her hangover head when suddenly she shot her eyes open in fear.

“Where’s your washroom? Oh no, your toilet. WHERE IS YOUR TOILET!”

 

The young boss pointed to a door on his left at the end of the room, slightly taken aback. Before Kai could question her weird behavior, the girl was running like her life depended on it. The bathroom door closed with a loud thud and Kai was too bewildered to understand the situation. He stood back up and all his men were weirded out too

Those bulky men with a heavy rifle strapped on each of their shoulders were walking wearily to the bathroom when Kai stopped them.

“This might be fun,” he smirked.

 

All of them men were startled by the sound of someone groaning in pain, a sound of literally vomiting, the faucet being and off and a flush of the toilet at the end before the toilet door swung open, revealing the previous girl with a pale face, looking exhausted and short on breath.

To everyone’s surprise, she was wiping her face with her hand. She used her long sleeve to wipe off droplets of water on her face. That is impossible because she was supposed to be handcuffed, hands supposed to be somehow immovable behind her back.

 Kai quirked an eyebrow of amusement seeing the girl being nonchalant about everything, about the fact that she cared more about puking properly than her own life.

“Damn, my head hurts.”

 

Silence filled the room and then she realized that all the men were pointing their weapons at her and she mouthed a simple ‘OH’ after looking at her free hand.

She grabbed something from her jeans pocket and pulled out the handcuff and the key.

 

 

Cuffing her own hands behind her back like before, the young woman then proceeds to the nearest man to her which was the boss. Kai followed her with his gaze and found her taking his hand, opening his palm and placed the key on his hand before going back to her original position, which was kneeling on the floor a few meters away from Kai.

Kai gaped at her and diverted his attention back to the key in his hand and back to staring at the girl before him.

"Stop looking at me like that, I don't like it. I just borrowed the key okay? See, I gave it back to you." She rolled her eyes before muttering something about 'I didnt steal it, '.

 

 

To be completely honest, Kai was somehow fascinated that she could obtain the key in the first place. That means she could take it without his men knowing. But if she had the key from the beginning, why didn't she break loose and run away?

 

“Why are you not scared?" Kai said. The girl looked up to meet his fiery gaze. "You should be begging for your life as in right now but instead you go running around to find a toilet. Look,” Kai said as he wriggled the gun in his hand. “This thing is created to kill in less than a second. If the bullet went pass your skull and live in your brain that means you’re dead and I’ll wave you goodbye. You’re still not scared?”

All the armored men were ushered out by an almost frustrated Kai as the girl did not give him a plausible answer.

“Why do you want to die?”

 

“Paying off student loan is already killing me and my poor youth so why not really die. I mean, this world is already bad and I don’t like that stupid university anyway. The professors are too old and boring,” she answered easily.

 

Kai’s face contorted into something that supposed to be showing some kind of a surprised reaction.

“You did not work in the club?”

 

“Excuse you but I still work legally in a chicken restaurant. Club is too noisy for my liking and I’m sort of allergic to cigarettes smoke. So yeah, I didn’t work there.”

 

“So why are you there last night?”

The girl frowned and tried to think.  She squint her eyes shut as the headache began to take control once again.

 

“Dammit my head still hurts. I don’t really remember but I can conclude that somehow I drank too much and passed out. Maybe grab a drink or two to ease my mind you see, its mid-semester test next week and I’m quite stressed out.”

 

 

 

There was a long span of silence in the huge room save for the constant complain from the girl of how her head can’t take it anymore or how she needs to die now because she doesn’t want to study again.

 

“What’s your name kid?”

 

 

“Jeez, why aren’t you killing me already? Weirdo,” she whispered discretely but Kai managed to hear it. He clucked his tongue in annoyance. “You are not polite at all. Shouldn’t guys introduce themselves first before the ladies?” she asked pointedly.

 

“Fine, fine. My name is Kai and I’m sparing your life.”

 

“Are you Japanese? Kai is a very common name in Japan. Are you?”

 

“You are so random.”

 

“I get that a lot. So are you a Japanese or not?”

 

“No, I’m made in Korea.”

 

“That’s a pity, I could ask you to teach me some Japanese if you are.”

 

Kai almost chuckled in amusement, one second he was ready to pull the trigger but now he wants to keep her as a pet.

 

“I need your name, weird lady.”

 

“Please kill me, I don’t want you to spare my life. I’ll suffer.”

 

“Your misery is joy to me that’s why you are still alive. I NEED YOUR NAME.”

 

The girl faked a miserable sob and she decided to lie down on the cold tiles and weep herself, whispering ‘take me away from this horrible planet. I don’t want to meet that idiotic teacher anymore. Let me die.’

Kai looked down at her with a stoic face, assuring himself that keeping her alive is the best decision he had ever made.

 

“If you tell me your name I might pay your student loans.”

 

With that the girl went back to her kneeling position, eyes determined and firm. “My name is Minhee, my surname is Jung. So you can call me Jung Minhee, English name is Michelle, Japanese name is Mimi or Miyako I don’t really remember. I forgot my Greek name but yeah, my name is Jung Minhee. So when are you going to pay my student loans?” she grinned widely.

Kai shook his head slowly, “I said I ‘might’ pay, not ‘will’ pay.”

 

She went back to her weeping position, lying on the floor where there were blood stains previously and Kai couldn’t stop himself from grimacing.

“All human are liars,” she whispered to herself like she had gone insane. “LIARS!!”

 

 

 

 

I think I’m going to like her company a lot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

unimportant a/n : hahahaha i wanted to somehow write a crack or something but failed again. I'm not the funniest person on earth but im still trying... all my previous stories are somehow highschool life without myself realizing so this time i want to make a story that is a bit more mature >> which is college hahaha and i;m still going to make some idiotic story and please forgive me on the bad storyline and grammars

 

happy new year

 

p.s thankyou for reading :)