White Confession

Under The Mistletoe (Christmas/New Years One Shot Collection)

 

Requested by @nanie92
Featuring:
Kim Sunggyu (Infinite)
Lee Nanie (OC)
Enjoy :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kim Sunggyu had never been more than excited for Christmas. Mainly because that was the day he planned to confess to his childhood friend and his first love, Lee Nanie. He'd been in love with her since the first day they met, and over the years his feelings for her had grown stronger. After a year of planning when and how to confess to her, he'd finally prepared and decided that'd he'd tell her on Christmas day. Why Christmas? Well, he really didn't know.
 
Sunggyu had practiced his lines over and over again trying to finalize what he was going to say. He was never good at improvising, especially when it came to girls that he liked, though he did have the tendency to talk a lot. Most of his talking led to nonsense. After all, it was better to know what to say then to never say what you wanted, right?
 
"Nanie, we've known each other for years and I just wanted to say that... Aniyo! That's not right!" Sunggyu groaned frustrated. This had been the 15th time he'd tried it and he still couldn't get the right words to come out of his mouth.
 
"Yah, talking to yourself again?" Woohyun, Sunggyu's roommate strolled into the room.
 
"Ani, just practicing." Sunggyu said.
 
"For what?" Woohyun chuckled.
 
"How I should confess to Nanie." Woohyun busted out into laughter. Sunggyu glared at him.
 
"Yah! What's so funny?" He stomped his foot on the ground like a little kid. Woohyun looked up to his best friend and wiped a tear away.
 
"Hyung, you don't practice with stuff like this, well not like you're running lines in a drama anyways." He leaned against a wall and looked at his friend.
 
"Then how would I know what I'm going to say?" Sunggyu asked.
 
"It all comes from the heart. You may seem nervous and unprepared now but you'll be surprised, right when you see her it will all come out naturally." Woohyun shrugged.
 
"You make it sound so easy." He sighed.
 
"That's cause it is. Trust me on this hyung, I've confessed to a lot of girls before."
 
"It may be easy for you, but Nanie is my best friend. Won't it be kind of awkward you know?" Woohyun shrugged again.
 
"I don't know. I've never confessed to any of my girl best friends before. Come to think of it, I don't think I have very many." He confessed.
 
"Aish, I don't know." Sunggyu looked at his clock and noticed that it was almost midnight.
 
"Yah, let's go sleep now." Sunggyu yawned. Woohyun nodded and followed right behind him upstairs to their separate rooms.
 
Days passed and before Sunggyu knew it, Christmas had arrived. He woke up early that morning just to get ready for his "date" with Nanie later that day. Never in his life had he been so nervous. He considered Woohyun's advice of just saying it from the heart, right on the spot, but he knew it would never work for him.
 
"Nanie-ah, saranghe. Ahh aniyo!" He pulled his hair, frustrated.
 
"Hyung, if you keep doing that, you'll be bald." Woohyun popped up from behind him. Sunggyu jumped and put a hand over his chest.
 
"Yah, stop sneaking up on me like that. I'll get a heart attack." Sunggyu scolded.
 
"Whatever you say old man." He glared at him.
 
"I'm not old." He said. Woohyun rolled his eyes and smiled.
 
"Don't worry about it Gyu hyung, it'll be fine."
 
"I hope so." He touched up his hair till it was finally the way he wanted it to be.
 
"Wish me luck dongsaeng." He patted Woohyun's back and made his way out the door.
 
He stopped in front of Nanie's door. He took a deep breath as he knocked on her door and waited for her to answer. After a few seconds, the door opened. Sunngyu's eyes widened as Nanie stepped out in a short white dress that brought out her curves. He couldn't help but stare at her in amazement.
 
"Umm, Gyu oppa?" Nanie spoke. Sunggyu snapped out of his daze and straightened himself out. He handed her the white roses he had gotten her. She took the roses and smiled.
 
"Nanie, you look beautiful." Sunggyu finally said.
 
"Gomwao. You look handsome, Gyu oppa." Sunggyu blushed. Nanie went inside to quickly put the flowers in a vase.
 
"Are you ready to go?" He asked. She nodded as she grabbed her coat and the two made their way to his car.
 
As they stepped inside the restaurant, they were surprised to see that many people having dinner. Sunggyu was a bit disappointed, as he hoped the restaurant would be almost empty. Of course, he didn't let it bother him. The waiter led them to their table which was luckily away from most of the people there.
 
"Gyu oppa, I'm glad I'm spending Christmas with you." She spoke after some silence.
 
"I'm glad I'm spending it with you too Nana." He gave her his infamous eye smile. She blushed.
 
Something about Sunggyu always gave Nanie butterflies. She didn't know if she was just plain old happy, or something more. She knew she didn't like Sunggyu like that, at least she think she didn't. She had been friends with him since they were four, he'd had always been there for her. She couldn't imagine them being more than just friends. Could she? He was her oppa, he was almost like a brother to her. She couldn't possibly like him.
 
After dinner, they decided to walk around the streets of Seoul. It was practically empty which was relieving for them. They walked side by side, not saying a word to each other. They were simply enjoying each other's company. Sunggyu suddenly laced his fingers with her's. She blushed as she didn't hesitate to pull away. After much walking, they found themselves at the snow covered park. He led her to the ice covered pond and sat themselves down on the bench. Nanie leaned her head on Sunggyu's shoulder and breathed in the cold air.
 
"The park looks so beautiful covered in snow." She said.
 
"Just like you." She blushed at his cliché remark.
 
"Yah oppa, why do you always say things like that?" He looked at her.
 
"Like what?" He asked.
 
"Always saying I'm beautiful and such. Why do you have to make me blush?" He chuckled.
 
"Because it's true. You're a beautiful person inside and out." He ruffled her hair. He then sighed and grabbed her hand, pulling them both up.
 
"Gyu oppa, what are you doing?" She looked at him curiously.
 
"Nana, there's something I've been wanting to tell you." He grabbed both of her hands and looked into her hands. Suddenly, the world stopped and it felt as if they were the only two people on earth. He was at a loss of words and he had forgotten what he wanted to say. Then, Woohyun's voice spoke to him in his head.
 
"It all comes from the heart. You may seem nervous and unprepared now but you'll be surprised, right when you see her it will all come out naturally." Those words echoed in his mind. He took a deep breath as he spoke.
 
"Nana, I know we've known each other for years, and I'm glad to have met such a wonderful person like you. You make me smile when I'm down, a simple hi from you makes my day, and most of all, just being with you makes me feel like the luckiest guy in the world to have such an amazing best friend. There's something that I've been wanting to tell you for years, but I didn't know how to say it." He looked deep into her eyes.
 
"Gyu oppa, what are you trying to say?"
 
"Lee Nanie, I-I love you, more than what you think." A low gasp escaped her lips. She was taken aback by his sudden confession. Butterflies attacked her stomach and she was speechless.
 
"Nana?" He looked at her with concern. She smiled and she suddenly jumped on him giving him a hug and making him fall on the soft snow.
 
"Kim Sunggyu, I love you too." He smiled.
 
"So, what do you say we make this friendship more than what it should be?" A smile grew on her face as she nodded her head rapidly.
 
"Yes, yes, and yes." He cupped her face in his hands as he leaned in. Snow started to fall as they shared their first kiss together.