2

Recovery

It was the weekends and Hee-ra had no plans to do anything but watch television, eat junkfood and sleep. Seobin was at the mall, she would have invited Hee-ra to come with only if she wasn't with her mother. "What's wrong with that? " Hee-ra giggled "I haven't seen auntie for a long time. And isn't shopping with your parents fun? Y'know because someone gets to pay for your stuff?" Seobin faked a chuckle "Haha, whatever. Have fun getting watching TV and being lonely." and with that Seobin ended their phone call. "Aiishhh... she's so butthurt." Hee-ra said looking at her phone. Today seems like a good day, it was dark outside even though it was only 3:15 p.m. . Hee-ra was sitting on their livingroom couch with a soft and furry blanket wrapped around her while her laptop was connected to the TV playing a not-so-scary foreign horror movie. She didn't know what it was about today's weather that made her feel really comfortable.

Suddenly her mom come out of the kitchen without a sound. "God! Mom, you scared me." she said while clutching the part of her chest where her heart was located. Her mother looks at the screen "You're watching a scary movie again then you're going to complain about how you can't sleep because there's a ghost watching you? Wow great idea." her mother said in a mocking tone "Thanks for the warning, mom but I really didn't need your sarcasm." she replied sitting up straight.

"I just wanted to let you know that we're  going to eat dinner with our neighbor and her family in their home across the street."

"What neighor?" Hee-ra was confused. They have only lived in here for a week or two and they're already inviting them for dinner inside their house.

"The ones from across the street. The ones who own the really big house." 

Hee-ra's eyes widened "What? Really?" She remembered the tall boy - Jungkook running really fast to his house a few days ago. She and her family were going to eat dinner with Jungkook and his family tonight? Oh wait she never said when "Dinner tonight?" she asked.

"Yes, tonight." her mother answered with her eyebrows raised "Is there a problem with that?"

"W- w- what? N-no." Hee-ra was stuttering. "Are you sure? Because your voice and face says otherwise." her mother crossed her arms and left the room.

---------- 

Hee-ra and her parents were standing infront of the Jeon's doorstep. Hee-ra in the middle, her mother to her right, and her dad to her left. Her father was holding a homecooked meal while her mother held the flowers. Hee-ra was nervous and excited at the same time. Does Jungkook know about this? How will he react? She felt even more nervous. Jungkook and Hee-ra never talked. They were classmates yet they know nothing about each other. She was wondering how she will interact with Jungkook until a tall, skinny woman opened the door. "Good Evening!" Mrs.Jeon greeted after opening the door and made a waving motion for us to come in.

"Good Evening, thank you for inviting us over!" Hee-ra's mother said with a smile as her father nodded. Mrs. Jeon led them to the dining table so the could eat.

"Hello young lady, you must be Hee-ra." Mr. Jeon greeted her while placing his arm around Mrs. Jeon's shoulders. Hee-ra smiled at them "Uhh- yes I am?".

"Wait a second I'll get Jungkook." Mr. Jeon said and left to go upstairs as everyone else sat on the dining table. A few minutes later, Jungkook and his father finally came down and sat with everyone else. Jungkook's eyes widened when he saw Hee-ra. The two teenagers were quiet throughout the meal while their parents chattered. "So Hee-ra, how old are you?" Mrs. Jeon looked at her with a smile "I'm 18 years old." she returned a small smile "Jungkook over here is only a year older huh?" Mr.Jeon said while he rubbed his hand on Jungkook's back. "Jungkook, what school do you go to?" Hee-ra's mother asked. Jungkook was surprised a little when Hee-ra's mother mentioned his name.

"I go to Chandeol High School." Jungkook answered.

"Really? That's where Hee-ra studies too. Do you guys see each other around school?" 

"Everyday. Jungkook and I are classmates." everyone's eyes were on Hee-ra. The attention made her feel uncomfortable, she didn't mean it in a rude way or anything so why was everyone looking at her like that?

Whilst the parents cleaned up and watched TV, Jungkook went straight upstrairs. Hee-ra wanted to follow him so they could talk but she didn't have the guts. She wanted to talk to him since he was the only person she knew in the neighborhood that was around her age. And also Jungkook intrigued her. He was always quiet, it made him seem mysterious. Hee-ra finally had the courage and went upstairs. She was just trying to be friendly, wasn't she? Hee-ra wandered in the halls. She didn't knew where Jungkook was. As she was walking she saw an open window. There was a boy sitting on the roof, presumaby Jungkook. Hee-ra stood infront of the window, cold wind hitting her face. 

"Hey !" she greeted him nervously.

"Hi?" Jungkook was confused. Why was she talking to him?

"Can I come in ...or out there ?" Jungkook looked at her  "Uhh- s-sure, I guess?" Hee-ra struggled to get on the roof. Good thing Jungkook wasn't looking or she would have been super embarrased. She sat behind him, a feet away to his left. They were silent for a good minute until she decided to break the ice.

"So...  how are you?"

"I'm fine. I think."

"We never really get to talk a school and since we're neighbors I was thinking maybe we could get to know each other a bit. "

Jungkook turned around so he can face her. '' Sure. What do you want to know about me?" Hee-ra was surprised, she didn't think she would get this far so she wasn't too sure about what to say. "Uhhm - do you have any bands you like?" "I like Milk Carton and Up Till Dawn." Jungkook felt warm inside he thought that it was nice someone was taking their time to get to know him but then again it was probably just because she didn't have anyone else to talk. Jungkook felt down again. Yeah right, as if anyone was interested in getting to know him. "Really? I like them too. Milk Carton's drummer is really awsome and super cute." Hee-ra was ecstatic she and Jungkook had something in common. Jungkook chuckled "Have you heard UTD's new single?" "You mean Fourteen? I listened to the other day, it was really good." "Yeah, their lyrics are so deep yet relatable." Talked about everything the whole night, changing from topic to topic.

"Hee-ra, honey, it's getting late we have to go now." Hee-ra's mother called from downstairs. Hee-ra  checked her phone, wow it was already 11:05 p.m. time flies by fast when you're enjoying yourself. Hee-ra brushed her behind for any dirt and stood up. "Good night, Jungkook. Let's do this again sometimes kay?" Hee-ra smiled at him, he was still sitting on the roof. "Definitely, maybe tomorrow night? We can hang out here again." "For sure." afterwards Hee-ra left with her parents thanking the Jeons for inviting them to dinner. "What did you and Jungkook do upstairs?" her mother asked "Nothing we just talked about the things we had in common, random topics. Nothing much." "That's good. You're starting to make new friends.". Tonight was good. It was better than what she had imagined. She was thrilled for tomorrow night, she wanted to get to know more about Jungkook. He seemed like an interesting boy. Atleast to Hee-ra he was.