1

Recovery

Hee-ra grabbed one of the boxes to her room. "I think this is the last one." she sighs and looks around the room. "New home, new start" she thought to herself. Hee-ra and her family had moved to a new place in Chandeol due to her father's new job. She was sad when she found out about leaving their hometown, she didn't like the feeling of having a new environment. As much as she wanted to be happy for her father and his new job, she couldn't. She misses her friends and their old house, the old street they had lived in. It's where she grew up. But she knew that nothing was permanent she had to get over it somehow. And besides, living in a new place might actually benefit her. She could change her reputation and become a whole new person or meet other people and gain more friends. Hee-ra sat on her bed. Only if it was that easy. 

"Do you like your new room?" her mom walked inside the room and sat next to her. "Yeah, it's way bigger than my old one. Now I can finally walk around without hitting anything." Hee-ra's mother smiled and held her daughter's hand then gave her an apologetic look "I'm sorry." she was confused "What are you apologising for?" her mother lets out an exhausted breath "I know you don't like it here and that you want to go home... to our old apartment. But we have to stay here because it's closer to you father's job." she stood up "It's okay. I know it's important to him. Don't worry about me, mom. I'll get used to living here." "Okay, I'll call you later when dinner's ready. Take a rest there's still school tomorrow." she nodded. Hee-ra spent all afternoon arranging and organizing her things in her room but then  getting distracted whenever she sees something cool.

It has been a week since the day they moved in nothing much has really changed. Classes were the same except she kept seeing the same tall, dark haired boy everyday. "His name is Jeon Jungkook right?" Seobin asked. Hee-ra and Seobin were sitting on a round lunch table. It was lunch time and the kids in their class were scattered everywhere although they were eyeing a certain classmate. "He's really quiet. I've never heard him talk before other than the times when Ms. Goo is having a recitation." Hee-ra said in a soft voice while stealing glances from time to time trying not to get caught. 

"Ever since I moved here in Chandeol I keep seeing him everywhere. One time, when I was on my way home from school, I saw him behind me. "

"Really? Maybe you two live near each other. He's kind of cute, don't you think?" Seobin said wiggling her eyebrows at her.

"He's okay I guess. I can't tell because he's always wearing those big hoodies to cover his face." Hee-ra took a bite from her sandwich and shrugged.

"Do you think he's an emo? I mean he's always wearing dark clothes, he almost never talks and he seems kind of depressed." Seobin asked. She had a short pause before saying the last word and was still staring at Jungkook.

"I don't know - maybe. Nearly everyone in the class considers him one."

----------

Saved by the bell. I guess you could call Hee-ra lucky. "Thank God!" she sighed in relief. Hee-ra forgot to do her math homework last night because she was tired from cleaning her new room and arranging her stuff. She would have totally done it if she had time. Then she curses herself because she forgot to copy Seobin's. She decided to walk home since her new apartment was surprisingly close to her school. As she was walking she felt someone behind her causing her to turn around. But no one was there. She continued walking then suddenly somebody runs pass her. It was a boy wearing an all black outfit. Black hoodie, black school pants and black shoes. Maybe someone from her school? Just as the boy was about to enter his house his hoodie fell off from his head. His face was recognizable. Oh, it was just Jungkook. Wait... Jungkook?

So that's why she kept seeing him. They were neighbors.  Hee-ra stopped for awhile and looked at his house just across the street. It was quite big. Huh, maybe they were wealthy? She continued walking, after passing five apartments she walked inside and climbed a flight of stairs. Hee-ra and her family lived in the first unit of the apartment building's second floor which was actually sideways infront of Jungkook's home. After he finished changing his clothes, Jungkook looked out the window of his room and saw Hee-ra come out of the apartment building. She was with a girl he assumed was Seobin. Starting last week Jungkook kept seeing her around their street. At first, he thougth she was following him or she might have visited a friend that live in the neighborhood but then he thought "Who visits their friend every single day? Is that something friends do?" then he found out that she actually lives at the apartment across the street.

"Did you hear that we have new neighbors moving in?" Jungkook was on his way to the kitchen to get a snack when he overheard his parents.

"I know. Mrs. Lee told me that they were from Daesan." his mother said.

Jungkook wasn't interested in listening so he didn't bother to eavesdrop. He took his snacks and soda and immediately ran to his room.

What Jungkook didn't know was that their new neighbor was actually his classmate and her family. Obviously Jungkook saw Hee-ra everyday since they were classmates but they never really talked even when they were assigned in the same group for a school project but he always thought that she was very pretty, he couldn't deny that. She seemed like a good person from what he has seen. She probably doesn't know he exist though.