Happy New Year!

Counting to 2016

"기야~" Jaehwan whispered closely to my ear as he rubbed my arm. "Wake up baby," he nudged me as I didn't response to his call.

I actually have woke up before he nudged me, but I pretend that I'm still asleep. He nudged my cheek with his nose as he whispered sorry. I opened my eyes slowly, Jaehwan's face is not even an inch away from mine.

"나 왔어" he told me softly. I only stared at him. He wiped my smudged eyeliner with his thumb. It wasn't hard for him to tell that I just cried. "It's my fault, how do I make it up to you?" I stayed still, looking at him only. He didn't bother to make an excuse beside saying he left his phone at his company because he was rushing back home. I don't even bother to ask further, because I know the reason would be nothing but his work.

For the last month, after Gummy moved to Kyoto, Jaehwan has been very busy too. I only get to meet him once a week. I feel kind of lonely, I always love to be accompanied. He knew it to well the reason I acted like this. I feel guilty doing this to him, but I couldn't hold it anymore.

He made me to sit, then he sat right next to me. He combed my hair with his finger. I kept staring at him. I was upset but actually I don't want to be mad at him. He stood up, my eyes followed him as he took my heels that I left in front of the mirror.

He put the heels in front of my feet. I looked down at him. He was kneeling, then he took my right foot and put my heels on for me; as well as the left foot.

He stood up and offered his hand to me. "Please, let me make it up to you." He begged with a soft smile. He is a clown, dorky, and very mischievous. But he really know how to place himself in every situation. How to handle me. And in addition, he knew it too well that his smile is his best weapon.

He waited for me, he didn't rush me. I took a deep breath and looked up to him as I sighed.  "I know you are mad," he said it still with his delicate smile. Because of his patience, I gave in. I put both of my hands on both of his. He helped me to stand up and led me to the dinning table.

The dinning table lamp is on. He re-do all the serving that I have put away. The penne, salad, chili crab soup, and the donuts tower. He even bought a green tea smoothies, which he served it in a large glass with two straws. It's a simple thing that I found it cheesy and very sweet at the same time.

He moved the chair across the table next to me, so he could sat next to me.

"We are not late yet to do a new year countdown," he said as he glanced to the clock on the living room. I glance to the clock as well, it's still 5 minutes to go to exact 00:00.

"You look beautiful, like you always do."
"And you look handsome like as I always remember."

He gave his signature pouting expression which never failed to make me giggle.

"How can I be mad at you!" I bickered at him jokingly.
"It's okay if you are mad. You still look cute!" And he gave me his kissy face. I pinched his cheek and we laughed together.
"Wait.. Wait.. It's almost time!" He glanced again at the digital clock. 1 minutes and 20 seconds left.

He quickly lit up the scented candle on the table and ran to turn off the dinning room light. He ran back to his seat and looked back again to the clock. He waited the clock to make a countdown.

10...
9.. He looked at me
8.. He held both of my hand
7..
6.. We locked our eyes
5.. I started to count with Jaehwan
4..
3..
2..
1.. He kissed me, softly for a good seconds.

"Happy New Year," he said. His lips still very close to mine, I still can feel him breathing. "I love you," he added before cupping my face with both of is his hands and crashed his lips again against mine. This time he kissed me deeper. Unconsciously a tear fell down on my right cheek. He let go his kiss and wiped my tears. He looked at me, staring right to my soul without a word.

"I love you too," was my late reply. He smiled like a child only by my word.
"So shall we eat now? I really want to eat what you have made for me." He said cheekily.

We ate everything, literally everything. I must be hungry after those crying. I also didn't forget to share this moment with Gummy. Like she did, I sent my picture with Jaehwan clinging on me and as usual he gave his kissy face to the camera. I bet Taekwoon must be mocking him once he saw our pic. This new year's eve might not be the best, but it is still a night to remember.