New Year's Eve Plan

Counting to 2016

I threw my bag to the couch then I laid down on the carpet. It's a tiring day. Today was nothing near fun. There was 5 sets of look that was supposed to be delivered to a label company for their endorsement, but 2 sets were gone and nobody have idea how it could happen. So, my beloved office turned into a living hell because of that, plus I spent 2 hours stuck in traffic on the way back home.

I didn't bother to change first, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before letting out a loud sigh.

"What's wrong 애기야?"
I startled by the deep whisper that I didn't expect.

I opened my eyes to found Jaehwan has been laying down beside me. I could hear him breathing right on my right ear. I turned to my right to face him.

"I thought you were going back tomorrow from China?" I asked him.
"Well, I'm here. I miss you!" He answered me cutely. He gave me the chicken pout look face.

I have been dating him for almost 7 months. But every time he did aegyo, I have never find him being not cute. My heart always fluttered.

"I'm glad you are here Jaehwan," as I hugged him and drown my face on his chest. He hugged me back, tightly. He kissed the crown of my head and whispered, "You did well today I believe. I love you!"

Then the rest of the night, we hugged each other until I fell asleep.

•••

The next morning I woke up on my bed still in my working attire. Jaehwan slept next to me, he didn't sleep at his room. I looked at him and smiled. I was imagining how did he carry me to the room.

I kissed his nose that made him woke up. He squinted his eyes and gave me a sleepy smile which made me attacked him with butterfly kisses on his cheek. He then grabbed my waist and did a counter attack by kissing all over my neck. I giggled and tried to push him so he would stop.

"Do you know how you look so mature with your working outfit?"
"What are you talking about? I just happened to wear a semi formal coords because I have important meeting yesterday."
"Whatever the reason." He paused then whispered to my ear, "I almost can't handle it."

"보야!" I smacked his shoulder lightly and get off from his grip. "Let's get up! I need to go to the groceries store. I want to cook for our new year's eve dinner."

•••

All the things on my list has been checked. I will make a shrimp agliolio penne and salad plus I decided to buy a roasted chicken. Jaehwan bought couple bags of chips and a bag of pretzels. No matter how much he ate, he never gain weight lately. While i'm struggling to maintain my weight.

While we were lining to pay, both of us scanned through around us. Every year a day before new year's eve, the groceries store will be filled with a lot of people who shopped with their loved ones. For this past 5 years since I moved to Seoul, I usually always did the this kind of shopping with Gummy since we live together. But just a month ago, Gummy has moved to Japan with Taekwoon. I don't want to move, plus both me and Gummy doesn't want to sell the apartment because there is too much memories that happened here, so Jaehwan moved in to our place as well. Anyway, it feels that our relationship is getting to a more serious phase since he decided to live together with me.

"Why Gummy is not replying my texts?" I grunted. "She told me she will celebrating new year here! But she haven't gave me any news."

"They just moved jagi. There must be a lot of things they need to settle, she must be busy." Jaehwan rubbed my back. "Oh and they must have been enjoying staying only the two of them without us bothering their peaceful quality time." He laughed.

To be think about it, it is funny how me and Jaehwan is always being a very loud couple. Gummy and Taekwoon is much the opposite. Taekwoon would get annoyed big time with us when we ruined their moment couple of times.

•••

I guess this new year will be the very first time I spend it without Gummy. But I'm glad, I could spend my new year with Jaehwan.

"Tomorrow, will you help me to cook for our new year dinner?" I asked Jaehwan while arranging all the things that we just bought. He didn't answer me directly and I knew that means he had other things to do.

He squatted next to me in front of the fridge. "I'm sorry Keniya, I have to shoot a special video for some new year greeting at the company." I listened to him and still busy stashing vegetables and fruits at the lower fridge drawer. "But I promise..." He grabbed my hand and forced me to look at him. "I promise I won't be late for dinner."

There's nothing I can do. So I just nodded and nudge Jaehwan's knees which made him fell back from his squatting position. I laughed as he pouted childishly to me.

"I'm hungry!" Jaehwan told me once I finished with the groceries.
"Okay, I'll re-roast the chicken. Could you arrange the table?"
"Of course I can, princess!"
"Since when princess has to prepare her dinner?"
"Since you become the princess," he kissed the back of my head while he took plates that sits on the shelf above my head.

"Princess..." I scoffed.