Absolutely Perfect [Kyungsoo]

Itsy Bitsy Scenarios

You stared at yourself in the floor-length mirror. Sighing at your reflection, you twisted your torso from side to side, looking at the way your dress fits to your shape. When you bought it, you figured it was adequate for the party you were attending. It wasn't until you actually tried it on-- complete with your hair, shoes, and makeup--that you realized the full extent of its extravagance. Now, frowning at your reflection, you started to doubt your appearance. Perhaps this was a bit much. You thought of how your boyfriend, Kyungsoo--one of the most low-key, nonchalant people you knew--would feel about this. You turned your back toward the mirror. Your eyes trailed down the much-exposed skin of the open-back gown. You bit your lip. Well, nothing you could do about it now.

Grabbing your clutch, you headed out your room and down the hallway. You could hear a familiar calm voice coming from downstairs. At least your loquacious roommate bought you some time for you to calm yourself down. Although Kyungsoo wasn’t much of a talker, he was a fantastic listener, which was perfect for your roommate right now. Butterflies welled up in the pit of your stomach. Gripping your clutch, you slowly descended the stairs. You kept your focus on the ground so as not to trip.

Suddenly, all conversation stopped. Reaching the last step, you looked up to see Kyungsoo staring at you, slightly shy as he normally was around you. He wore a black tuxedo, the slim coat buttoned, which hugged his narrow waist. His side-swept hairstyle completed the classy, debonair look that nearly had you swooning right then and there.

He looked down suddenly, clearly unsure of what to do next. His head rose up, eyes automatically locking onto yours, making you feel like the only person there. Your heart raced wildly as you stared at each other in silence. His eyes bore into yours but suddenly broke their gaze with yours and began to travel downward and back up again. Then, the side of his mouth twitched slightly into a goofy grin. You laughed nervously.
    "Sorry. A bit much, huh?"
    "Beautiful," was all he could say as he stared at you.
    Unsure of how to respond on account of your own awkwardness, you said nothing but simply walked up to him. You wrapped an arm around his, placing your other hand on his arm lovingly. His grin widened as he looked down at the ground, a light pink dusting his cheeks. He then leaned toward you, placing a kiss on your cheek. You giggled, and a bright blush crept up your neck and to your face.
    "Shall we?" you asked, smiling.
    "Of course," he replied, placing his hand over yours as he opened the front door.