No Longer the same.

Glowing in the dark.

XSYKOTICA

 

 

Cha Hak Yeon was so used to see Won Shik broken, torn, and crying like a baby since Taek Woon left that when he noticed him getting in with a cold expressionless face, after locking himself for three days in the room, he knew that his friend had reached his limits. “Where is he?”

“He’s tied in the dungeons. He was turned the day he came.” Jae Hwan said. Hak Yeon and Jae Hwan were getting ready for a mission when Hyuk showed up with a shocked expression.

“Guys! Guys! Oh my god, guys!” Hyuk was frenetic, and as he noticed Won Shik there he didn’t know how to react at all.

Hak Yeon held the maknae’s shoulder, only to shake him faintly. “What is it? Why are you like this?” Hyuk looked at Won Shik who was sharpening a sword. “Is it Taek Woon?” it snapped Won Shik’s head up, but without looking at the men, while Hyuk nodded. “Go back to the dungeons, we will join you.” Jae Hwan and Hong Bin followed Hyuk out of the room, while Hak Yeon and Won Shik looked at each other. “You always said that everything happens for a reason, but sometimes the only reason is that you are stupid and you keep making bad decisions, and this is one of them.” Won Shik just nodded absently.

“Maybe I was meant to be forgotten anyways.” Won Shik’s tone was void of life. “Besides, he was right on a point. I messed with his life enough already. He made a choice and I had no says on it.” Hak Yeon sighed deeply and Won Shik forced a smile out. “Don’t worry, dude. I moved on.” Hak Yeon knew it was a lie, he knew his friend too much to know.

“I’ll go check on him. Do you want to join us?” Won Shik shook his head and Hak Yeon left without a second thought. As soon as he was alone, Won Shik’s smile faded, as he looked down.

“Yeah… I’ve moved on.”

Hak Yeon was shocked to see Taek Woon sitting in the bed, drinking a pack of fresh blood. “Awake?” he looked at the vampires in the room, who had a serious expression in their faces. “Isn’t it impossible? A vampire needs at least a week.”

Jin Ki nodded. “but he is awake and fully aware of his surroundings.” The statement made Hak Yeon look at Taek Woon before stepping closer to the silent man. Hak Yeon’s steps were hesitant, as if he knew that something was wrong with the man in the bed. The last observed like a hunter with a deadly expressionless glare on his eyes.

“Do you remember who you are?” It tore a scoff from the man who looked back to the packs by his side. Thirst was something nobody can joke with.

“What do you think? Who are you anyway?” It gave Hak Yeon the answer he needed. However, Hong Bin who had been pointing the gun toward Taek Woon, almost frowned, because it was as if the newbie was trying to cover up a tongue slip.

“I’m N, and I know you from before you become a vampire.” Hak Yeon pinched his nose bridge, unable to find words. “I don’t know how to explain this.” He looked back to the still expressionless man. “Do you remember your name? or probably anything from your human memories.”

Taek Woon looked up to Hong Bin then back to Jin Ki before looking back to Hak Yeon to whom he had a well elaborated answer. “No.” he observed as Hak Yeon carefully untied him, before sitting next to him.

“Your real name is Jung Taek Woon, code name Leo. You were …” for a second Hak Yeon was tempted to tell Taek Woon about Won Shik but instead he paused. “You were the son of a human family working with our accounts, but that got attacked by enemies.” Taek Woon’s face darkened, glaring at the man by his side. “Your parents didn’t make it, while you and your sister survived.”

“I have a sister.” It was more like a statement than a question and Hak Yeon paused. “I don’t look like I survived.”

“You turned by your own will.” Hong Bin interjected, with an annoyed tone “You insisted to turn into a vampire so you became one.” Taek Woon didn’t react, looking away absently.

“You will learn about your past with time; just don’t push yourself up now.”  Hak Yeon suggested as he left the bed. “I’ll tell them to set a bed for you with the newbies. Hong Bin; let him rest.”

Hak Yeon noticed that Jin Ki was still there, looking at Taek Woon without blinking. They left the area, followed by Minho, while Jin Ki stood closer. “You remember, do you?” Scoffing, Taek Woon pulled a tablet from under the bed, and a book with tags such as “Read me” and “Watch me” it amused Jin Ki who chuckled. “Nice idea.”

“The memories never die, so we need a stimulator to bring them back.” Taek Woon announced. “However, I wish to keep it for myself.” Jin Ki nodded, handing the book and the tablet to the man.

Jin Ki turned his back to the new vampire, with a huge amused grin. “You are in N team, so you better be ready.” It tore a content smile from Taek Woon’s lips, as he caressed the book. He could see the huge writing from the sun that reached his cell for some reason. It was his diary before returning back to the mansion, something where he poured down everything he had in heart, while the tablet had a small message he dedicated to his vampire self.

It ended with “Please love Won Shik as much as you loved him as a human.” When he heard it first, Taek Woon scoffed but he had a feeling it won’t be hard.

“I heard you woke up.” Looking up, Taek Woon noticed a cold looking masked man, with uniform and two swords in hands, standing by the gate of his cell. “The head master want me train you, so get up.” Holding the sword handed to him, Taek Woon dodged a sharp hit. “Get used to your senses. Use your senses.”

The anger was written in every hit that Taek Woon dodged but he knew that none of them was meant to hurt him. He tried to attack back but had no time with all the hits he tried to dodge. Suddenly the man stopped. “Indeed, your instincts are overflowing with power.” The man scoffed looking away. “I’m almost envious.” Taek Woon opened his mouth only to get hit straight in the face with clothes. “Get ready.”

Leaving the cell with new clothes on Taek Woon discovered that the man, standing by the door with a dark painful expression on, was no other than Won Shik himself.  The sight made Taek Woon freeze by the door frame, his eyes widening with shock, hurt and confusion. “I thought you left.” Taek Woon thanked god it crossed his mind when Won Shik looked at him.

“Move.” The order was cold and Won Shik even seemed to avoid getting closer to the man. It did hurt Taek Woon despite his emotionless expression. Little he knew how painful it was for Won Shik, who promised himself to do his best in order to protect Taek Woon from him and his stupidity. Reaching the table, Won Shik faced Taek Woon who found a spot next Hak Yeon.

“As he joined, I officially announce that Taek Woon will be under my direct supervision until he gets further in his training.” Hak Yeon slid his hand on Taek Woon’s shoulder while the last noticed Jae Hwan tensing in a very strange manner. “Besides, Leo is still freshly awakened; he won’t be able to fight this soon.”

“Don’t underestimate me.” Taek Woon glared at Hak Yeon who chuckled amusedly before looking at Won Shik.

“What do you think, Ravi?” the said man looked up, before putting down his gun.

They noticed how absent he was at that point and none of them managed to speak as Won Shik glared at Hak Yeon. “He has good instincts, but weak as . I suggest Bin to supervise his training in my place, since I’m more effective in the field and have little skills to teach him.”

“I’m up for it.” Hong Bin’s voice made Taek Woon flinch before looking at the kid who stood. “Let’s go, the sooner you train, the sooner we get done with it.” Hong Bin pulled Taek Woon along while Hak Yeon and Won Shik fell into a tense staring contest.

“Mmmm, Hyung, can I help Hong Bin?” Sang Hyuk stood, slowly, as he didn’t like the tense situation when Jae Hwan stood as well.

“I’ll inform the others about our new formation.” Pulling Hyuk along, Jae Hwan made sure that the two friends would be able to talk in private.

“It won’t last this way, Ravi.” Hak Yeon menacingly scolded. “You can’t treat the kid this way forever.”

“I don’t know what you mean.” Won Shik’s mask almost fell. “I’ve been always like that.” He looked up, to meet Hak Yeon’s eyes. “Before I met him, I’ve been like this.” It was true, and Hak Yeon could say nothing as Won Shik stood to leave.

The last went to the training room where he noticed Hong Bin teaching bare hands technics. Jae Hwan and Hyuk stood there, observing the duo and Won Shik was about to move toward them when Taek Woon faced Hong Bin with a smile. It was as if someone hit Won Shik’s heart with a hammer, and he ran out of the perimeter in order to breathe.

Taek Woon was having fun, as he could feel life filling his veins in the exercise. He went on for hours, until Hong Bin thought it was better to take a break. They sat down facing Jae Hwan who was performing his Katas, when Taek Woon noticed the way Hong Bin looked at the man in the blue carpet. It was endearing, kind of lustful, but still endearing and soft. He didn’t need translation: Hong Bin had feelings for Jae Hwan.

“I’ll reach for the leader.” Taek Woon stood when Hong Bin’s hand held him from stepping away. They looked at each other for a second, when Hong Bin stood up and let him go. “See you.” Taek Woon smirked leaving the glaring man in the room. Instead of looking for the leader, Taek Woon made his way to his old room. He didn’t truly expect change, but nothing like the mess he saw when he first stepped in. He could smell the moist in the bed, sign that nobody slept in for ages, and the dust in the rest of the broken furniture. He noticed his clothes neatly folded in a bag, just beside the closet, which was broken in four, with his books and pictures.

“What are you doing here?” the voice was ice cold, and Taek Woon shivered from the inside out, looking at a pissed off Won Shik. He tried to find an excuse but his mind went blank as Won Shik stood closer. “I asked you a ing question, newbie.”

“I am looking for the leader.” Taek Woon noticed a glint in Won Shik’s eyes, as the man stepped aside. “Nice room by the way.” Taek Woon said, waving to the frozen vampire, before leaving the room. He nearly sighed in relieve when a hand on his shoulder made him turn to crush into secured arms. He was shocked for a moment and nearly pushed Won Shik away.

“Don’t hate me, again.” Won Shik left him there, rushing out of the room with shaken heart. He didn’t know why he did that but didn’t want to wait until he will have to explain. Feeling that he managed to be alone, he inhaled deeply, before noticing a familiar smell; looking around he noticed Taek Woon resting his back in a tree just behind. The last stepped closer while Won Shik glared at him, as coldly as possible.

Taek Woon knew better than to step too close so he stood still, smiling a little toward Won Shik “What did you mean by that, earlier?” the staring war ended with Won Shik looking away.

“You used to hate me as a human.” Won Shik admitted, swallowing everything else. “I just wish you won’t hate me if we are meant to be teammate, for the sake of the team work. I am who I am so you have to accept me.” Won Shik looked back to Taek Woon. “Like I’m trying to accept the new you.”

The confession was painfully relieving, and it made Taek Woon sigh. Unnoticing the curious frown in Won Shik’s face, Taek Woon nodded as he walked away. “We will see.” Won Shik observed the retreating back, noticing that the vampire Taek Woon look stronger than the human one.

“Yet… he’s no longer the same.” Won Shik sadly sighed, as he looked up to the rising sun. “No longer the same.”

The words in bold are from a Picture prompt. I can't remember which number it had.