Facing a new truth.

Glowing in the dark.

Facing another truth. 
Facing another truth. 
XSYKOTICA

“Do you know what happened in the beach?” the question made him blink before looking at the old woman by his side.

“I killed the monster, this is what happened.” Taek Woon said before facing her fully. “Grandma Oh, I’ve never said so, but thank you for letting me find refuge in your boat.” Taek Woon bowed at the chuckling woman.

“Did you truly think it is easy to make me believe you killed it?” The woman said standing when Taek Woon pulled something from his pants, something that wet it but he just noticed. He pulled off a huge heart – compared to his hands- before giving it to her. She looked at it in horror before looking at Taek Woon’s serious gaze.

“It’s the monster’s heart.” Taek Woon finished his cup before looking up to the bartender. “Don’t wash it, just smash it and throw it.” Hak Yeon had ended the call and reached Taek Woon’s side silently before they both walked out. “It felt good.” Hak Yeon looked at Taek Woon curiously to notice a smile in the man’s face. “It felt good to face her. I always wished to do so when I first showed up in this area.”

Hak Yeon smiled and sighed happily. “You will get to do a lot of thing you wished to do, I am sure of it.” Taek Woon didn’t know why it frightened him to hear that. They reached the bungalow, noticing Jae Hwan’s teeth in Hong Bin’s neck. It was rather intimate. “Yah! Don’t do that in front of the children.” Hak Yeon teased and the couple parted with an embarrassed expression. “How do you feel?”

“My stomach hurt, but it’s better since I fed on Hong Bin.” Jae Hwan spoke in a shy manner which made Hyuk laugh soundlessly behind Won Shik’s back. The man was sitting expressionlessly when Taek Woon stood in front of him.

“Can we talk?” Won Shik stood to push Taek Woon out of the bungalow. “What is it? Why are you so mad right now?” Won Shik looked away, shaken with anger. “Are you going to ignore me now? Why don’t you answer me?"

Won Shik pushed Taek Woon suddenly, slamming his back to a tree, before kissing him deeply. At first, Taek Woon tried to push Won Shik away but he finally melted and allowed access to Won Shik’s burning tongue to explore his insides.  Won Shik’s hands roamed in his body, burning hot, and Taek Woon sensed his tense muscles as he did the same to Won Shik. At some point he managed to push Won Shik away. “I was so scared.”

Taek Woon blinked before smiling and leaning to kiss Won Shik again and again. They kept kissing for nearly twenty minutes, which made Hak Yeon roll his eyes before interrupting them. “Guys! Stop the public display and get in. We need to discuss.”

Won Shik looked at Taek Woon before pulling him back to the bungalow. Their abused lips were hidden with their hands but everybody knew they were kissing and it was so embarrassing for Taek Woon who kept his head low. “What is it about?”

“About Taek Woon’s sudden… power.” Hak Yeon’s serious tone flipped the atmosphere. “We can’t tell the coven about it but we can’t hide it either.” Hak Yeon looked around to make sure everybody was listening. “If we hide and Taek Woon turned back to whatever that is, then we will have questions to ask about what we know and we will probably lose credibility and everything our team built the last few years.” Won Shik nodded at and looked at Taek Woon who rested his face on his shoulder.

“What if we tell them we saw something but we didn’t know who it is? If Taek Woon turns back in, then at least we had told them half of the truth and they will never suspect us knowing.” Hyuk suggested when Hong Bin patted his head.

“Silly. It will still put us in a bad position with the coven.” Hong Bin said, and the other noticed that he had a happy tone. “I say we tell the head master in private, and consult him before anything else. If he found it wise that the rest of the coven discovers about Taek Woon’s new ability then it will be ok, and he will take responsibility for it.”

“Good idea.” Jae Hwan said, which made Hong Bin smile brightly showing his dimple. “I’m with Hong Bin in his suggestion. If we tell the head master, and give him full responsibility of sharing the information, then whatever happens we are out of it.”

“Can’t I just disappear?” Taek Woon mumbled and they sighed at it. Hyuk was the first to snap at it.

“Aren’t you tired of running?” Hyuk yelled. “You kept running and it got you both nothing but troubles!” They wanted to scold Hyuk but Won Shik’s nod made Taek Woon feel betrayed.

“We will be safer if we settle down under the coven’s protection.” Won Shik explained when Taek Woon scoffed, standing up.

“Like my foster family was safe under its protection? Yeah, sure. Let’s go back.” Taek Woon yelled, when suddenly his eyes turned florescent red. “Do you know what await us there? A bunch of people who wants you dead, Kim Won Shik! You have 3.000.000 kill in the conscious; do you truly think you will live with that?”

“But… that’s Ravi.” Won Shik reasoned, as he stood to hold Taek Woon’s hands only to notice how hot they were. “Calm down, ok? I’ll figure out a way to keep low profile, unlike your foster family.”

“Besides, everybody think you both died in the trap. Especially you, Taek Woon ah.” Hak Yeon explained as he stood to calm Taek Woon down. The man didn’t seem to calm down.

“If something happens to you, I’ll burn the city down.” Taek Woon was dead serious and they all tensed at his words. “I swear the whole city will regret it.” Won Shik beamed before kissing Taek Woon’s cheek suddenly.

“Do you love me that much?” It eased Taek Woon’s anger as embarrassment replaced it and he blushed pushing the man away. “I swear to you that I’ll do my best to be safe, always.” Taek Woon gave him a glare and nodded.

“So it settled? We are going to do what Hong Bin said?” Hyuk asked as he lazily slept in the floor, while Hong Bin and Jae Hwan looked at each other before sharing shy smiles. “Ew, guys, keep it down.” Hyuk teased but the couple ignored it as Jae Hwan rested his head in Hong Bin’s hips, closing his eyes.  It made Hak Yeon and Taek Woon share a content look. Hyuk started a random discussion and they all animated the silence in the bungalow, except for Won Shik and Taek Woon who fell asleep somehow in the middle of the discussion.

Waking up, Taek Woon knew they were no longer in the bungalow but at the coven’s nursery. He sat up to notice Taemin, writing notes in the clipboards, by his side. “Hi, Hyung.”  Taemin smiled to him before testing his eyes. “I am fine, Hyung.”

“I know you are.” Taemin remarked with a tone that said long and large about how pissed he felt. “but still, what N said is worrying.”

“Why worrying?” Taemin jumped a little at hearing a voice he didn’t expect and they looked at Won Shik getting with his old uniform. “What are you hiding Taemin?” Taemin sighed and looked at Taek Woon.

“Your cells are regenerating too fast for a vampire or even a werewolf, the blood pressure is dead low, but you don’t seem getting any effect from it. I thought it is because you were originally a vampire before the blue blood poison, but Won Shik is perfectly normal compared to you.” Taemin sighed as he sat down in the other bed while Won Shik sat by Taek Woon’s side. “I am so sorry for the trouble this is causing. I was pressured by the time so I … I never tried such composition of DNS deforming venoms in one blood. Nobody tried it before because it was impossible to even think of it.”

The men just nodded to Taemin, before looking to each other. “I don’t think I’m dying.” Taek Woon said suddenly. “Yes, I out when I transformed into that monster killing thing but I still feel the power I had inside; it is so big but far from hurting me.”  Taemin kept his eyes on Taek Woon for a moment before sighing.

“What trigged it?” Taemin asked after a moment of silence. “What did you feel before it happened?” Hong Bin and Jae Hwan got in right in that moment and Taek Woon looked at them, tensing.

“I’ve seen Hong Bin with a dying Jae Hwan in his arm, begging for someone to save the man with so much pain. It kicked my heart hard and I … ” Taek Woon sighed, tearing up while Hong Bin blushed, hiding behind Jae Hwan who chuckled at the reaction, still walking toward the bed. “Shock, pain, sadness, anger… I can’t truly tell you but it was 100% negative.”

Jae Hwan held Taek Woon’s hand as he made sure to sit by his side while Hong Bin stood, shying away from Taemin. “I came here because the head master wanted you.” Jae Hwan looked at Taemin first before looking back to Won Shik. “Both of you.” Won Shik nodded and stood to leave, followed by Taemin. Jae Hwan looked back to Taek Woon who smiled to him softly. “Thank you for everything.” Taek Woon looked up to Hong Bin who had a bright smile in the face.

“I did nothing, guys.” Taek Woon said patting on Jae Hwan’s back. “I am happy to see you happy and together. It means the world for me.” Jae Hwan blushed and hugged Taek Woon as well as Hong Bin who sat closer to them. “So, are you going to take him on date?” The question went toward Hong Bin who blushed and looked away.

“The situation is a little hectic, I don’t know. I should set a date with the leader and then I’ll make sure my baby to be free.” Hong Bin admitted before blushing even further. “But I plan to make it special.” Jae Hwan laughed at it and teased Hong Bin when Hyuk and Hak Yeon got in, both holding smiles. The discussion drifted into laughters when they all suddenly froze.

“What is it?” Taek Woon asked them before hearing it too. A familiar scream made him rush to the window. “WON SHIK.” Won Shik was dragged out, from his hair, by no other than Lee Jin Ki himself. Taek Woon opened the window to jump straight out of it, anger filling his veins. “Let him go.”

“Why would I?” Jin Ki pulled Won Shik up from his hair, which made Won Shik try to fight back but he seemed to have hands and legs tied. “How are you going to stop me?” Jin Ki allowed his vampire form to show up and Taek Woon’s heart froze in fear. It was way scarier than he even imagined. His eyes soon shone in red, as he tensed in front of Jin Ki. “Aw, are you getting mad? I’m sorry. Do you want me to ease your baby’s pain?” Jin Ki’s fingers fisted the man’s throat and Won Shik let out a scream of pain that was cut by a strangled gurgle. “His heart is slowly stopping, Taek Woon ah, what are you going to do with him?”

Taek Woon didn’t black out then. What he felt right then was like an explosion inside him and everything was white except from the man holding his beloved. Taek Woon launched, trying to kick the man but Jin Ki was fast enough to dodge it, and he kept dodging, expecting to see Taek Woon giving up but the man kept it for hours, and it was Won Shik who finally stopped Taek Woon by calling his name.

As Taek Woon froze, Jin Ki finally noticed how worn out he felt. Won Shik meanwhile held Taek Woon’s hands. “I’m sorry. I didn’t want to do it but Taemin needed to study your transformation and we couldn’t come up with better idea than using me. I’m sorry, Taek Woon ah.” Won Shik tried to warm Taek Woon’s hands that suddenly went cold.

“You fooled me.” Taek Woon shook in anger and pain. “You fooled me.” Won Shik pulled him in a hug and Taek Woon hugged him back tightly. “ you.” It made Won Shik chuckle a little. “It is not funny.”

“It’s just… I thought that I need to you if I want to be forgiven.” Won Shik teased earning a deadly glare. “It was just a thought.” Won Shik pouted to Taek Woon who didn’t answer as Jin Ki stood by their side, with a serious glare.

“Taemin had recorded everything so he may be able to see what happens to you when you turn into a white lantern.” Jin Ki’s tone was serious despite the joke. “But let me just point out that I’ve never felt tired just from dodging someone.” Taek Woon paled while Won Shik’s face got filled with horror. Jin Ki left them and they looked at each other, worried.

“What did I just become?” 

this is my interpretation of :  Love has reasons which reason cannot understand - Blaise Pascal + Reality continues to ruin my life. - Bill Watterson