“Aren’t you a shy one?”

My fear lady

I stand rigid while staring straight at the entrance to hell with my bag hanging loose on my shoulder. Sound of girls’ laughter and chattering filled my ears almost instantly as I reluctantly step into the school compound. I look at the ground as I walk carefully into the school, trying to avoid any sort of contact with them.

I can still hear my parents encouraging me behind and I turn my head over my shoulder curtly to see them waving at me while leaning against my father’s mustang. I give them a brief glare before snapping my head back when I feel my body colliding with someone’s.

“Hey, newbie.” She stashes a piece of paper into me, our hands briefly touched as she does so. “Wanna come for the basketball try-outs? You’re tall.” The girl in front of me has her hair in a neat ponytail and she’s wearing gym clothing. She is probably a couple of inches taller than my built. And boy, she's one heck of a beauty, and I hate beauties. 

“N-n-no thanks!” I quickly jog away while scratching the itchy spot she just touched. I reach out to my bag to fish out my hand sanitizer before squirting out a huge amount of the liquid on my hands. 

“Find me if you change your mind. I’m Kwon Yuri by the way!” I hear her shouting and I jog faster into the building, effectively avoiding the girls who approached me for club member’s recruitment. This school will be the death of me! I am not kidding. 

“Woah chill!” I hear someone hushes as I bump into yet another person, except this person has a husky and deep voice. I look up to see a man in his middle or late twenties staring down at me with an encouraging smile. “You’re new aren’t you? Freshman?”

“Sophomore.” I reply curtly while looking at the name tag clipped on the pocket of his button up. It reads ‘Mr. Kim Kibum’. He smiles before stretching out his hand for me to shake.

“I teach physical education, I’ll probably see you a lot in the future. So let’s get to know each other beforehand.” I gladly take his hand and give him a short polite shake. Thank God there are male teachers in this school.

“I’m Amber.” I say before glancing around at the empty hallway I am in. “And, I am kinda lost I guess.” I scratch the back of my head while looking at the older man sheepishly.

“I figure out so.” He chuckles. “This is the way to the gym. It’s locked during these times and I am the only one who has the keys, except for the principle himself of course.” No wonder there isn’t a single soul here. “Don’t worry kid, I’ll help you out. Where are you heading to?”

“The dorm.” I smile appreciatively and he nods before leading the way and I trail closely behind him. On our way to the dorm, there many students greeting Mr. Key, I fidget uncomfortably under their gazes and walk closer to Mr. Kim.

“Aren’t you a shy one?” Mr. Kim jokes when we arrived the dorm building situated right beside the campus itself.

“I-I’m not comfortable around girls.” I explain. “I get measles and rashes whenever I’m too close to them.” I say showing him my reddened arms. He  gasps at the sight of my arms and stare at me incredulously for a second.

“I never knew one could actually be allergic to girls, especially when she’s a girl herself.”

“I’m not allergic to them.” I clarify. “I am terrified of them, especially beautiful ones. I get anxiety attack whenever one tries to get close to me and my body begins to get really itchy for a few minutes.”

“You do realize you’re studying in an all girls’ boarding school right?” Mr. Kim states, and I nod in reply.

“My mom forced me to.” I shrug, the strap of my bag falls down my shoulder and I pull it back up and adjust it properly. “As long as I don’t get near them I will be fine. I guess.” I say, mumbling the last part to myself. Mr. Kim pats my shoulder and gives me a thumbs up.

“If you need help, ask me.” He grins, showing me his perfect sets of teeth. “I can help with anything at all.”

“Thanks Mr. Kim.” He snorts and waves his hand in a dismissive manner.

“Don’t call me that, it sounds old.” He says. “Call me Key when we’re alone. I got this vibe from you that we can be really cool friends. Besides, I’m only 8 years older than you.” He winks. “Besides, you’re probably the only student in this school I can befriend. Tell you something.” He leans closer and places his arm over my shoulder. I lean closer into him in anticipation. “In this school there are rules.”

“What rules?” I whisper, my eyes darting to my side to glance at his serious face briefly.

“Rules set by the most powerful girls in school.” He whispers. “Not even the teachers nor even the chairman himself can defy.” He releases me and stare into my eyes with a dead serious expression. “In this school we classify the students into 3 groups.” He holds three fingers up before pointing at his index finger. “Superior.” Middle finger. “Norm.” Ring finger. “And Inferior.”    

“What are those supposed to mean?” I raise my brow in curiosity.

“Let’s start off with the superior.” He clears his throat, as if he is ready to explain something lengthy. “Basically they are the IT girls. Normally the cheerleaders, basketball stars and gorgeous girls are in this category, they are the higher ranks in this school.”

“Kinda typical high school story actually.” I shrug nonchalantly.

“Well yeah, and the norms are normal students with average grades and looks. They basically just follow wherever the superior goes. Like puppies in general. “

“I thought that would fall under the inferiors’ category.” I say.

“The inferiors aren’t even treated like dogs. They are being treated like toys, being toyed around by the kids who think they're more superior that everyone else.” Key says, his eyes darken as he continues. “You have to be careful in everything you do in this school. Do not offend or even cross ways with the superiors, especially the f(x).”

“The f what?” I knit my brows in confusion.

“F(x).” He repeats clearer.

“What’s that?”

“Ever heard of f4, flower 4?” He asks and I nod my head in respond.

“The characters from the drama Boys over Flowers?” The series where my mother was drooling over Lee Minho. I cringe slightly at the thought and decide to shake it off my head. “Well yeah, I know them.”

“Well f(x) is practically the female version of them. F(x), flower by X chromosomes, is practically the monarch of the school. F(x) consists of four unbelievable gorgeous, rich and smart girls. They basically rule the school, well they are the student council members after all.”

“That is unbelievably cliché, just like the drama.” I say incredulously.

“Let’s start off with the oldest member of f(x), Victoria Song, the Chinese beauty. She’s been repeating her senior year for 2 years because she doesn’t want to go to college.” He pauses to look at my dumbfounded face. “I know what you’re thinking. Her parents don’t care as long as she is smart enough to take over their multibillion dollar company someday. She is smart, yeah.” Well, that sounds cool. But what the heck is she thinking wasting her time here in high school. I get that she is rich and is the heir of her father's company, but that's just nuts and spoilt. “And the next is Luna Park, the small yet charismatic girl in sophomore year. She may look small and cute but you never know what’s behind those masks. I heard she sells drugs to the students in our school.”

“Are you serious?” I gawk at Key and he shrugs.

“I don’t know. Even if it’s true we cannot do anything to a prime minister’s daughter.” My jaw must’ve touched the ground because Key chuckles and pushes my jaw back up before he continues. “And then there is Sulli, also in sophomore year and is the only daughter to one of the most iinfluential family in Korea."

"Which is?" I arch an eyebrow at that.

"Ever heard of Choi Seung Hyun? T.O.P.?"

"What has the mob boss gotta do with th-" 

"Well cause Sulli, aka Choi Jinri is the only daughter of the infamous drug dealer." He cuts me off and I am left complete and utter speechless at his revealation. "You better watch out whenever you are near her. I heard there was a student who made fun of her family background and the next day we found her dead body on the street." 

"You gotta be kidding me." I mumble with while staring at him, expecting him to brust out laughing any minute saying he was only joking. When he didn't, my eyes widen, if it's even possible with my already bulging eyes. 

"You haven't hear about the last member." He reminds.

"I don't think you can surprise me any further." I say, shaking my head to prove my point.

"Well, if you are afraid of pretty girls, then you definitely will have a heart attack when you see the one and only, Krystal Jung." He says, exaggerating it by making weird background sound effect. "That girl, whoot, one of the prettiest girl you'll ever seen. But," his expression darkens. 

"But?" 

"Every pretty roses has thorns. Her father owns Jung Enterprise, and he's one of the richest man in the world. Rumour has it that her father is doing illegal business along with the other f(x) members' fathers." 

"Whoa, some deep in here." I say shaking my head in disbelief. I know gorgeous girls are dangerous, but who knows their fathers are even dangerous. The only thing in my head now is: I gotta get the outta this school.

"I'm not done with her yet. Krystal is the typical mean girl every school has. However, she's probably the meanest of them all." He says. The look on his face tells me that he and that Krystal girl probably had a past. And it ain't a pretty one.  

"Here's the dorm." He stops and points at a huge modern glass building in front us.

"Thanks." I say bowing by head slightly to show my appreciation. "You helped me, a lot. Thanks for warning me." 

"My pleasure." He smiles, displaying his cute little dimples.  He waves me goodbye before turning on his heels, readying to walk away. "Oh, I forgot!" He halts and turns his head over his shoulder. "You have a roommate. And I don't think it's good news for you. Anyway, best of luck and buhbai!"

I am leff dumbfounded the only thing in my head is the repetition of the word 'roommate'. Leave everything aside, my main problem now is that I have a roommate, and it ain't gonna be a dude. Lets just hope the chick isn't hot or else I'm dead.

I heave out a huge sigh and shake my body a little to release the stress. It's now or never. I place the card at the small device beside the door and it made a soft 'beeb' sound. Holding the knob in hand for a second , I finally have the courage to open the door.

When I walk I into the room, it is empty. Thank God. Did my roommate died? I hope so... oh no, I should not hope for something so wicked. Lets just hope she trips down the stairs and broke her back so she would have to stay in the hospital until I graduate. That's not so bad, right?

My hopes came crushing down when I hear water running from a door. My guess is that it's a bathroom, and the one using it is my roommate. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Sighing, I put my stuff on the empty bed on the far left of the room. The room is huge, and I'm at least grateful for that. Cause that means we have plenty of space for ourself. 

The bathroom door clicked before it opens, revealing a man! What the ?! Wait! . MAN? Why the fudge is there a man in an all girls' school?

 

 


 

Phew, done with this second chapter -.-;

Hope you guys enjoy it. 

This chapter is dedicated to you, my bro. Oh, you know I am talking about YOU so I ain't gonna write your name here. 

Readers, pls check ma bro latest story out if you haven't read it yet. ;)

 http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1065477