"I am no good with girls!"

My fear lady

When I was eight years old, I knew a very beautiful girl. She was at the same age as me, and had the loveliest face an eight-year-old could ever had. She was visibly the prettiest girl in class, the boys adored her and the girls, including me, admired her. Even the teachers favoured her more compared to the rest of us.

She was like a princess, and was probably treated like one as well. It was as if she and I were from different planets; she liked wearing cute frilly dresses while I fancy plain comfortable clothes. Because of the differences we had, we never really spoke to each other.

I remember that particular day when I accidentally poured my water colour on her dress. It wasn't really my fault, I tripped on her long dress. That stupid dress changed my whole life, literary.

Because of that dress, which she claimed was her favourite dress that time, she made the whole class turned their backs on me. Everyone started bullying me. The girls mocked and threw things at me occasionally while the boys who decided they didn't want to interfere with the 'girls' drama' ignored and stayed away from me as if I was contagious.

The princess of the class made sure my days in school were a living hell. She was like an evil queen, a beautiful evil queen that is. That smile she had when I was on the floor crying was sealed forever in my head, and that day I concluded that beautiful girls are evil beings.

 

 

 

The eight years old me was too vulnerable and fragile, I couldn't do anything but kept quiet when the girls in my class cornered me one day and started throwing me insults and teasings that engraved deeply into my mind. Rubbish and dirty socks were thrown and laughter were heard from all direction.

 

 

I clutched my ears and stared at the girls surrounding me. Their evil laughter, their cruel heart, their menacing look, they were devils in disguised.

My parents found out about the bullying eventually and we moved to Korea, partly because they decided I needed a new start and partly because of my dad's job.

Since then, I couldn't stand being near with young girls whom I didn't know of. I would feel uneasy, sweat buckets and sometimes had rashes when being too close with pretty girls I didn't know. The doctor said I had gynophobia and venustraphobia, fear of women and beautiful women, and the rashes were from the anxiety. I laughed that time and joked about being allergic to girls.

The following years my phobia for girls hadn't fade, and I started hanging out with the guys instead and dressed like one too. Partly because I didn't want to be the odd one out and partly because I didn't want to look like the creature I was afraid of.

 

 

.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .      .      .     .    .     .

 

 

 

So imagine my surprise when I find myself standing in front of a huge building, with that huge sign board plastered at the entrance that reads 'SM all girls' boarding school' with smaller letters written right below that reads 'School of Maidens'. School of maidens? More like school of maggots, monsters or mummies.

Without wasting anytime, I fish out my phone from my pocket and dial my beloved mother's number. 

"Hey hon-"

"What the hell is going on? Why does the map you gave map led me to hell?" I whisper harshly while staring at the demon-filled entrance. I stand under a tree about a couple of hundred metres away from hell while glaring into nothing in particular.

"Oh, you've arrived?" I nod my head and then realize my mother can't actually sees that so I mutter a curt 'yes'. "Great, go ahead and attend the interview."

"Wait, what interview? I thought you said you wanted me to get something from an old friend of yours?" I say with an arched brow. Something smells fishy....

"Honey, if I don't tell you that you will never agree on going to the interview to get you into that school." See?! I knew it!

"Mom! This is an all girls' school! A boarding school not to mention! Are you trying to get your one and only child killed?" I say incredulously while rubbing my temples in distress.

 

 

 

"Honey, you need to get rid of that girl phobia you have or else you'll never get any friends." I roll my eyes at that and kick a pebble and watch as it fly over the road.

"I have friends mom." I clarify with gritted teeth and clenched hands. 

"Girl friends." She rephrases and I click my tongue loud enough for her to hear from the other line.

"How the heck can I befriend them when I can't even get near one without having rashes or mental breakdown?!" I say, feeling the urge to pull my hair out of my head at this conversation.

"That is the problem Amber, you have to start getting used to being around girls and that weird syntomns of yours will gradually dissapear." She continues, "it's because you keep avoiding being around girls that phobia of yours never seem to fade."

"Mom," I groan in frustration. This is killing me! "I don't need girls in my life. I have my buddies to keep my company." I reason out, hoping she'll just drop this topic and I can just get onto a bus and go home. I mean, look at the horde of girls at the entrance of that building, it makes my skin itch and rashes are already forming at the sight of them.

"Don't get me started with those buddies of yours." I ccan practically see her grimacing from the other line. "You're always hanging around them you look practically like a boy now." Well, at least dad gets to have his long awaited son... But I don't say that out loud. Cause my mother DON'T take jokes lightly.

"I have done the registeration for you, so all you have to do is sit and wait for your name to be called. Attend the interview and get yourself selected into that school. Or else...." I hear knuckles cracking on the other line before a long beep is heard, indicating the end of the call. I stare at my phone and swallow the lump on my throat nervously.

"Heck with the interview." I mutter under my breath while gripping my phone. "What stupid school this is that it requires people to interview to enroll here?" I say while walking to the entrance of the campus, where it is filled with girls who are chatting with each other. I'm probably just going to screw this interview up and go back to my merry way,

"Hey kid, you know what you're talking about?" A voice startles me from behind. I halt on my tracks and turn on my heels, just to meet a gorgeous looking girl up close. Immediately, I jump a great distance backwards and begin scratching my itchy arms. The girl frown deeply at my action and tries to step closer to me but I put a hand up to stop her from doing so. She looks insulted and crosses her arms while glaring at me. "What's your problem? Is this how you treat your senior?"

"W-what?" My heart starts pounding fast and I feel myself getting breathless. This girl is too pretty for my own good. I am terrified of pretty girls for God's sake!

"Stupid kiddo, I'm in second year and the name is Park Shin Hye. You must be here for interview." The girl examines me from head to toe. "You really look like a boy. I thought you were a boy at first." She laughs. "But then again, why is a boy doing here in an all girls' school? So i figure out you're a girl who wants to enrol here as a freshman." She says, before squinting her eyes and stares at me intently, i fidget under her intense stare and step a few more steps back. I ain't got no guts to correct her  like 'hello I am no freshmen and I am probably the same age as you, period'.

"Now that I look at you properly... You still look very much like a guy!" Man, I never know how to deal with girls,especially beautiful girls like her without having my anxiety attack. And I certainly do not want to deal with her now, so without saying anything I turn around and run into the campus.

 

I avoid touching any girls as much as possible as I slide my way through the entrance and into the building. The hall of the bulding is packed as well and by now I already have measles all over my hand.

 

 

Gosh, how does mother expect me to enrol into this school without dying a miserable death? T

here are seats prepared for us in the hall but I stand at the furthest corner in the hall, not wanting to associate with any of these people. 

My God! Look at those beautiful faces, Those long creamy legs. Those silky long hair. Those angelic smiles and laughter.... It's revolting! Makes me shiver in complete and utter fear.  

Everything in this room scream of the exact thing I am terrified of!  After a few hours of endurance and pure hell, my name is finally called. I walk to the old lady with her glasses hang low on the tip of her nose, and her lips purse in disapproval at my appearance. 

"Follow me." She says in her annoyingly high pitch voice, before turning on her very high heels and walk away. I watch as her tight mini black skirt threaten to burst as she sway her hips. i trail behind her as we walk to a huge door. "Good luck." She turns the knob and beckons me in. I nod slightly before entering the room. 

Before me sat three middle-aged men, with a young beautiful girl sitting in the middle with her head resting on her arms staring at me nonchalantly. I gulp nervously at the sight of the gorgoes girl and take a deep breath to calm myself. Calm down Amber, calm down. That creature isn't gonna leap at you and bite your head off..so calm down Amber.

"Take a seat." The man sitting at the right side of the girl gestures at the seat in front of them. i slide into the seat and force a smile. The edge of my eyes dart to the beautiful girl staring at me. That seriously creep the hell out of me. "Amber Liu is it?" The man asks and I clear my throat before answering a simple 'yes'. "I see you've got excellent grades in your previous high school. Why is it that you want to enrol yourself into our school as a sophomore?" He asks, while looking up from the document he was scanning a few moments ago.

"I don't." He looks at me with a brow raised. "I-I mean I do not want to enrol into this school. My mother is the one who wants me to." I answer honestly.

 

 

 

"Young lady, do you know what you are talking about?" Another man speaks and looks at me sternly. "This is the school of every girls' dream. Many successful women were graduants from this school." He says, shaking his head disapprovingly at me. 

"That is not the problem sir." I say while glancing at the girl, who is now sitting upright staring at me in amusement. "I... I..."

"What is it Ms Liu?" 

"I am no good with girls!" I blurt out and all of them blink in surprise at my revealation. "I can't stand being with girls. I can't stand their voices, their faces and their features!"

"Nonsense!" All of us are startled when the beautiful girl slam her hand on the table and jolts up from her seat. "How can you insult the beauty of girls?"

"Ha?" My jaw drops and I stare at her incredulously.

"Girls," She walks over the table and circles my chair. I squirm in my seat in discomfort at our close pproximity.  "are the best creation of God. They are simply the work of art. They are pure and insanely beautiful. So beautiful I can spend my whole life looking at them!" She elaborate with her hands in the air and her eyes shut. "So you!" She suddenly snaps her head at me and glares at me with her finger pointing at me. "who do not understand the beauty of girl shall never insult them.

 

"I-I-I'm not insulting them! I'm just afraid of them!" I explain and she gasps in disbelief.

"How can you be afraid of such angelic creatures? I cannot believe you." She clutches her forehead and shakes her head incredulously. Unbelievable. This girl is too much. "I have decided." She suddenly snaps at me and looks at me with determination. "You are accepted into this school, the School of Maidens!" My eyes widens and my jaw probably touch the floor. What the...

"Ms-" The girl holds her hand up to cut the men off.

"This weird fellow here must understand the goodness of girls. So I, Kim Taeyeon, the daughter of the owner of SM High School, have given her a full year scholarship. Welcome to SM High School, dear beloved new sophomore student." She pats my cheek with a smirk plastered on her flawless face.

 

The skin on my entire body itches like hell and my breath rages. She touched me!!! My face!!! And I am enrolled into SM High School??! To hell with life!! I feel myself falling onto the floor as I black out