End

Last farewell


"Dadub..Dadub..Dadub..Dadub"
His heart was working its hardest at the moment but it was finally giving up. 
"Hey buddy. Just a little longer. This is my last performance. After this you will be able to rest." Seungri looked into the mirror trying to remember how his last look was going to be. They were then ushered to the stage. Seungri waved off the concerns from the backstage staffs when they noticed his panting and pale complexion that was obviously not from the make up. 
He slumped onto his throne right before the platform rose. He had suggested to perform Lies for their last stage and to sit on thrones to look grand and the rest agreed wholeheartedly. The melody started off softly as the fans screamed even louder.
He was so exhausted, so weak that he could not even bring himself to sit up straight. His heavy eyelids threatened to close but he forced them to stay open. He knew well enough that once he closed them for a second longer, they might never open again. 
Jiyong started his meledious rap and he knew his turn was right after it but his tongue refused to cooperate. He blinked away the tears pooling behind his sockets as the inevitable happened. He was foolish to think that he could fully prepare himself for his own death when the truth was that he was scared. Seungri didn't want to die. 
Daesung who was sitting next to him glanced over and was aghast to see Seungri slumped into the throne looking ghastly white. He would have pass it off as the effect of lightings and make up if not for his shallow breathing and the half closed eyes that he was struggling to keep open. 
"Seungri!" he gasped and jumped off his seat to check on his maknae. He flinched at how cold Seungri was even when all of them were perspiring like crazy from all the performances. This brought upon the attention of the three hyungs in front. They were fighting their urges to turn back in order to look professional but that shout of pure panic from Daesung was the last straw. They were shocked at the almost lifeless body and immediately stopped their performance. Was Seungri sick? Why weren't they informed?
"Let's bring him to backstage! Seungri stay awake!" Jiyong ordered, trying to calm himself down even though he was scared less by how pale his maknae was looking. He was even more frustrated when none of the backstage staffs came to help. They should have done something at the first sign of discomfort and how could they...how could they miss something so grave. Their maknae was sick and none of them notice?
"Hyungs," Seungri forced the words to roll out of his dead tongue. 
"I want to die...on stage...as Seungri...Lies."
At this point the background music was stopped and thousands of VIPs were unanimously quiet. It was deadly quiet and Seungri's voice achoed throughout the concert hall, projected by the five mikes.
"Stop joking maknae ah! You're not dying! Let's hurry to the hospital ne? Stay with me!" Jiyong shook Seungri lightly, keeping his tone light despite his blood freezing as realization sank in. 
Taeyang held onto Seungri's ice cold hand and tried to warm it up futilely. 
"Why won't you warm up maknae?! Please warm up!" he cried in despair. His maknae was dying right in front of his eyes and there was nothing he could do to save him. 
Tears of grieve and disbelief trickled down their cheeks. Years of experience on stage did not prepare them for this. 
"Please hyungs...sing" Seungri wheezed out. His time was running out and he could literally feel his life ebbing away.
All his hyungs were stupefied at the sudden tragedy. Surprisingly, Top who hadn't uttered a single word was the one who gathered himself first. 
"I’m so sorry but I love you da geojitmal. I’m so sorry. But I love you" he sang. His throat was constricted at the effort to keep the bubbling sobs at bay but he continued, eyes never leaving his fellow Seunghyun, his maknae, his energizing pill...his brother. 
The other members joined in, trying their best to control their emotions to bring forth their best performance for their beloved maknae. To their surprise, the thousands of VIPs sang along. At first they thought it was a special stage event for but the reactions were too real to be staged. And Seungri...their Panda was too sick to be acting. They were in denial but when they heard the broken voice of Top who was definitely more affected than any of them and the rest of BigBang singing solely for their brother, it touches them. Though the singing was unstable and thick with cries, the song has never sound so beautiful...so sad yet full of love.
Seungri could feel himself slipping away. His vision was tunnelling and blurred by what he insisted was tears. It was time for him to say his final goodgye.
"Dadub......Dadub......" his heart was giving its last shot to keep him alive for a minute longer.
In front of him was a sea of blurry yellow. He had never seen such a pretty scene. The meledious singing of Lies, the song that brought them to who they were today. He was happy and satisfied. He had never felt so at home and he was no longer scared. He was grateful to be able to die this happy. 
"So pretty," he commented, a tear escaping from the corner of his eye. He was eternally grateful to be able to bring such a beautiful picture and singing to his grave. He gathered his last bubble of energy and joined them...even if it came out to be a soft whisper.
"I'm so sorry but i love you."
"Dadub............Dadub........................" his heart finally gave way and his body went limp.
The thud of the fallen mike resonated in the whole concert hall. 
"Nononono Seungri!" Daesung cried out. He embraced the lifeless body of Seungri desperately. Seungri's head lolled back and he looked like a fallen angel...sleeping. 
Taeyang and Top couldn't bring themselves to hold back anymore and they collapsed next to Daesung bawling loudly. 
However, Jiyong persisted. His gaze never leaving his smiling maknae. The song was not finished and Seungri was still listening. Even if everyone else has stopped, he would continue because he has never failed to grant any of his maknae's wish and he won't allow himself himself to fail this time round. His tears flowed without his permission as he reached out lovingly to carress his sleeping maknae. A heartbreaking smile slipped onto his face as he looked at the sleeping panda who looked so happy...so peaceful. 
The others looked away from the heartwrenching scene. They knew how close the two were and how badly Jiyong would be taking it. Finally, the song came to an end and the concert hall was silent other than the few cries here and there. 
"Maknae is mine. Nyongtory forever." Jiyong spoke emotionlessly as if Seungri took all colours in his life with him. There was no heartbreaking wails or even a slightest reaction from Jiyong. He just hugged his maknae tightly, wiping away the tear stains on Seungri's cold face. He was in his own world where only he and Seungri exist. No one else matters. 
Suddenly, a bubbly voice broke him out of his trance. He jolted up at the familiar voice of his maknae.
"Hello everyone! I am BigBang Seungri! How are you guys feeling?!" the LED screen light up and Seungri's face appeared. Their maknae that they took granted for and was taken away from them as punishment. The cheeky smile that they would never imagine not being able to see ever again. The endless babbling that they once thought was annoying but now they hoped for it to never end. BigBang members were stunned. 
"Surprise! I hope everyone would be having a great time tonight but i guess that's not very possible huh? Sorry for ruining the night for everyone." Seungri bowed to the camera, his eyes swollen from all the crying he had done before the filming. 
"Seunghyun hyung, Youngbae hyung, Jiyong hyung and Daesung hyung. I'm sorry for hiding the truth from you guys. I am just a selfish and spoilt brat as you know. I really want my last few memories with you guys to be happy. I admit that I am a coward. I am afraid of dealing with the tears and grief in your eyes. I didn't want to see the pain in your eyes. There is nothing you guys can do for me anyways. There's no cure and no permanent treatment. I am going to die no matter how much I cry to God everyday.
Sorry for being willful but I really wanted my last moment to be on stage with hyungs and fans, performing my favourite song. Lies is where our career took off and i suppose it seems appropriate for my journey to end here as well. But hyungs, remember this is just your resting spot, you guys have to continue from here without me!
To my beloved parents, forgive your son for leaving this world before you. Sorry for not being the best son I could be and causing you such grief. Hanna ah, oppa can no longer take care of mom and dad anymore so you will have to take on the responsibility. Oppa is sorry for putting this responsibility on you but you're a strong girl. You are my strong dongsaeng so i am sure you can go on without me. 
Manager hyung, thank you for keeping my illness a secret. I know how hard it must be for you and how painful it is for you to take care me at my weakest. I apologise for putting such burden and stress on you but I am really grateful form the bottom of my heart. Hyung, I love you.
Yang hyunsuk Sajangnim, sorry for causing you yet another trouble. I could already imagine the YG office ringing from all the phone calls from reporters haha. But really, thank you for your care these few years and please don't be too bored without my frequent visits to your office. Should i confess all my mistakes now? Promise not to strike me out? All jokes aside, I love you Sajangnim, hope the last trouble I am going to cause would not be too unmanageable. 
Now, to my hyungs that i really can't bear to leave. You know truthfully, once I learnt the news about my imminent death, my first thought was to run to my hyungs. I was afraid...afraid of death but my hyungs would protect me from everything like you guys always do. I would cry in your safe arms and you guys would say: Silly boy, hyungs won't let you die. We will find you a heart. We will give you ours so that you can live. We won't let you die. 
That's why I can't let you know. I should learn to deal with my own problems and fears, Hyungs, your baby Ri has grown up! There were so many times when you guys unknowingly showered me with so much love that I really pray everyday for God to give me one more day. I got greedy and I was scared to leave you guys one day."
At this point, Seungri lose all composure and broke down. He cried for his parents and hyungs and everyone just wanted to run through the screen and give the poor frightened boy a hug. After a while, Seungri looked to the camera again.
"Ah, the battery is running out. Seunghyun hyung, Top Top Top, Bingu Top! I am going to take this chance to call you whatever I want. Thank you for taking care of me and taking my side no matter what. Ah! I must really clear my name now that I have the chance to. Jiyong hyung and Sajangnim, all my mischiefs were orchestrated by Seunghyun hyung so punish him too!
Youngbae hyung, I know you are the one who care for my well-being the most. Don't be upset that I spend more time with Jiyong hyung than you. That's because he needed more attention than you do. Gdragon is strong but Jiyong is insecure. I need to give him lots of love and attention but that doesn't mean I don't love as much! 
Daesung hyung, sorry for making you feel so awkward at first. I can say it now that I stayed away from you because you are just so...I don't know. Sensitive? It seems like you always know what I'm feeling and I got scared. I was afraid that you would see through my insecurites and mask of confidence. That's why I avoided you. But hyung, you understand me without me saying anything and I am always grateful of your smile. Your smiles kept me going so please, never lose that smile of yours. 
Lastly, Ji hyung. Leader is mine and Nyongtory forever! Ji hyung, you can cry now. Don't bottle up your feelings. Cry your hearts out tonight but never abandon your life and dreams just because I am no longer with you. My leader is a strong man that loves his maknae the most. So promise me that you will be happy and move on eventually. Ji hyung never deny me of any of my wishes so please, this is my last wish, take BigBang to an even higher level. I will be watching over you guys. Ji hyung, I will no longer be able to share my stories with you and cheer you up on your stressful days but I am sure you will find someone that can take over my position...your soulmate? And i have to claim my credits. Almost 40% of Gdragon's songs were inspired by this almighty Seungri! Haha. So I have taken the initiative to record all the stories I can remember. Ji hyung, I saved it in your laptop under Seungri's memories. 
Finally, to my VIPs and VVIPs out there. Thank you for all your support and love so far. I really love you guys and please be there for BigBang till the end. Please take care of my worrisome hyungs! Goodbye and Saranghae."
Seungri gave his brightest smile ever eventhough he could not stop the endless tears from falling. He really looks beautiful...
Finally...finally Jiyong showed an reaction. 
The heartwrenching sobs clenched the hearts of everyone. He clung onto the motionless cold body of his maknae desperately. "Maknae! My maknae! How could you?! How could you leave hyung like this?! You told me last night that you will love me forever! You promise to cuddle with me tonight so how could you?! Wake up! Don't sleep here! I didn't give you permission to sleep like this. Come on, your fans are waiting for you! BigBang is waiting for you! I am waiting for you! Wake up right now! Don't leave me!" Jiyong wailed loudly, hitting the dead body hoping to wake him up. 
Taeyang immediately pulled Jiyong away, hugging him despite of the punches that landed on him unintentionally. "Stop it Ji! Maknae doesn't want you to be like this. He's watching us remember?! He must be, because maknae wouldn't leave us willingly. His spirit must be watching over us right now. Don't disappoint him. Don't make him sad. He had suffered silently for so long so please Ji! Let's not worry him anymore. Please!" 
At that, Jiyong's knees buckled and he collapsed to the ground bawling wordlessly. Daesung and Top didn't know how to react. How should they react? How to get over this sudden and unreal situation? Seungri was still with them half an hour ago. Still breathing and then before they realised he was gone. Just like that, never waking up ever again. How are they suppose to accept it?
The boys were in no state to perform and the audience were in no state to enjoy any performance so the concert ended with apologies from YG's comcert manager. BigBang was on hiatus ever since than. Everyone needed the time to get over the death of their beloved Seungri. However, they did kept to their promise. BigBang was never the same but they never gave up. Jiyong wrote every single song for Seungri. Every song screams Seungri but there was no Seungri to fill it up. The songs always feel incomplete no matter how great they are. YG was worried but Jiyong insisted. 
"I must remind them of Seungri. My maknae belongs to BigBang with or without his voice. I need to make them remember Seungri forever." 
And they did, the VIPs stayed by their side regardless of the songs and the message was conveyed as they included Seungri in their fanchant and Seungri's banner were brought out at every single performance. 
BigBang would never be the same yet it survive. Because Seungri asked for it.