Boundaries

RUDE BOY

Fourth Chapter


Jiwon was determined that she will never going to let the rude Vernon messed with her mind, not now, not in the future or not two days ago when he self-confidently accused her, that she liked their captain. Accused? Fine, he was just stated the truth. It But that doesn’t mean she has to admit it. Right?

“That you have a huge crush on him.”

Jiwon was almost astonished being caught off guard but hurriedly composed herself and replied to him nonchalantly. “What are you talking about?” She asked casually, standing up before dusting her skirt. Hiding the fact that her knees were trembling.

His brows creased together, studying her. When she only looked at him with her infamous pokerfaced. He finally tore his eyes away while dabbing the towel on his drenched hair. He scoffed loudly, purposely to annoy her.

Jiwon’s nose flared, she knew he was not fooled by her scheme, but was grateful enough that he didn’t press the topic further.

Inhaled deeply, she spoke again. “I just want to say, I’m sorry.”

“You should be.”

“Later then.” She angrily stomped out from the room.

I hate him!

If she could deny it two days ago, she can deny it again today then, only it’s hard to maintaining her pokerfaced when almost every time she stole a look at S.Coups, Vernon caught her with that nauseating-knowing-look.

‘You are staring.’ He mouthed her from the center of the field. He shook his head like she was a small child who misbehaved.

She glared, but it only making his smirk deepened.

“KYAA!”

Jiwon covered her ears with her palm from the unexpected cheer behind her. She turned around and saw a group of five first year students giggling on how y Vernon’s smirk was. Yup, she almost forgot, his fan club.

That cruel smirk they called y? Not in her dictionary.

-

The soccer team’s room had been empty when she had sad down to review the final arrangement of position of the squad.

S.Coups. the name fixed to goalkeeper position. And her eyes fixed to name. The reason she joined the club, so she can help him, so she can look at him, so she can stay close to him, so she can stand beside him without him being suspicious regarding her feeling. Wasn’t that’s all she wanted. Not more than that.

But, why did it hurt her so much when she learned that he dated Im Nayeon? She still can feel the sharp pain jotted her heart when Im Nayeon arrived in the field bringing a lunch box just to cheer him up. And the way he was embarrassed yet pleased from the surprise. By watching that moment, she literally can feel her heart breaking into small pieces. Even just by thinking about it, her vision repeatedly became blurred from the tears that kept coming out. Wiping the tears with the back of her hand, she heaved a long sighed before folded the draft.

“Need anything, Vernon?” She said with much disinterest. Jiwon was so busy with her own thought that she hadn’t notice that he was sitting on the opposite side of the table. She shifted her gaze away from the folded draft and looked directly at him. He was wearing his snapback backward, keeping his hair away from his face. His hand in his pocket and his feet were crossed on the table. His mere existence demand attention.

She knew all too well he can see her puffy eyes. She just didn’t give a damn anymore

“How’ve you been, Oh Jiwon?”

“Don’t ask such friendly questions.” She pulled her notes and busied herself scribing new notes.

“That bad huh?”

“You have no idea, with the game around the corner.” Jiwon answered lightly as she started packing her stuff. She doesn’t have time for this.

“Would you stop pestering over him? Or you did that purposely so he would pity you?”

“Not to forget, the final examination, my life never been so hectic.” She put the last book in her bag feigning ignorance.

“I never take you to be that low, to seek attention from others sympathy. That’s new.” He continued.

That.

He finally crossed the line.

“What the hell is wrong with you, seriously?!” Jiwon burst smacking her bag on the table.

If Vernon was surprised, he was doing great job not showing it. His eyes fixed on her like nothing happen. She inhaled to calm her nerve before spoke again, calmer this time. “You know, normal people would stay out of other’s people personal matter if he or she wasn’t that close to that person. I’m sorry, but I need to ask this, are we that close?”

Out of the blue, he shifted in his current position and leaned towards her. She pressed her back against the chair in alarmed.

“Well for once, I’m not normal people.” He leaned in further, enjoying her apparent discomposure.

Were his eyes were always that suggestive? She wondered as she nearly lost into his eyes

Mentally she slapped her own thought to get back to the reality. “Oh right, I forgot, I’m sorry. You’re not normal, you’re freak.” She said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Truth to be told, Jiwon was never this cold, even towards him. But today was exceptional. He basically asking for this. Bargaining into her privacy as he pleased. Who did he think he was?

Then she stood up, slinging her bag pack on her shoulder. “Just be punctual tomorrow okay? And…try to be civil with your fan.” She smirked at the last word.

Vernon cursed under his breathe.

This time she smiled enjoying his obvious discomfort. “I know you’re no gentleman, but making two of them crying sounds pretty cruel even from you.”

“Even from me?”

She ignored his question.

He’s the one who said he was not normal!

“They really help our club, the least you can do is treat them nicely. I mean it. Thank you in advance then.” She smiled at him sweetly to annoy him further.

“Later.” She punched his shoulder lightly before stepped aside completely missing the awestruck look on his face.

Wow, making fun of Vernon could really relieved some stress!

-

It was about 10 minutes before the game will be started.  Both of the team were scattered outside the field after finished their own warm-up session.

“Vernon oppa, we all are going to cheer you on!”

“Yeah...” He answered indifferently. “Do cheer on us.

The girls giggled gleefully as they wish him good luck. His facial didn’t change one bit as he nodded at them.

Did he just said that?

Vernon who was just arrived from his warm up, was sitting on the player bench outside the field. And then he turned and their eyes met. Before she realized what she was doing she mouthed, thank you.  For five whole seconds he held her gaze with the same unreadable expression before proceed what he was doing, like putting on his wide headband?

Did I mention what a rude boy he was? Yeah I did, hundred times. Maybe I should start to find a new vocabulary to describe him.

“So, Vernon oppa who’s your first kiss?”

His fans seriously doesn’t know the boundaries wasn’t they?

The members within the hearing area eyeing each other cautiously. Then they quickly continue what they had been doing, pretending like they didn’t hear the question. For some weird reason, the other member never messed up with Vernon, Jiwon noted.   

Jiwon on the other hand couldn’t help but snort hearing the question at the same time keep her eyes busy with task in hand. Unfortunately her snort was heard by Vernon. Jiwon who was still busy arranging the towel and mineral bottle completely missed the small smirk Vernon was giving her from behind.

“Oppa?”

Vernon stood up with a long sigh. “Yeah, it’s my girlfriend.” He answered it carelessly disregarding the hurt look from the first year.

Of course it’s from a girlfriend. It would be a weird thing if he said from a boyfriend.

Jiwon chuckled from her own mental jokes. Seeing the extended hand of Vernon, Jiwon picked up one mineral bottle to pass it to him.

Is?” One of the first year ask carefully.

Vernon nodded.

“What!—“ Jiwon yelped when she was pulled by a sudden force on her arm almost making her tripped. But luckily, a hand caught her by her waist and pulled her toward something firm yet warm. Her face make a full contact with that firm-yet-warm thing. And it’s even beating. Not to mention it, but its smell rather pleased. A combination of freshly shower and manly cologne.

Before she could register what was happening, she heard Vernon said. “Careful there.” And his voice was so close, too close. It was like it vibrated through her ears. And why did his voice sound so gentle? If she didn’t look up to come face-to-face with the-rude-Vernon-who-somehow-with-weird-reason-was-smiling-at-her she never would believe the voice was actually come from him.

She was perplexed, what the hell just happen? Why did she suddenly end up in his arms? The first thing come into her mind was to jolt out from his hold. Only the grip on her waist was too firm. She couldn’t escaped it. And every single of her movement she took only making the hold tighter.

“Well yeah, meet my girlfriend, Oh Jiwon.”

What?


Sorry, I was late updating. It just my final was coming and i have to focus in it.

Thanks for the first review. i will try my best to improve my english.

I hope other readers would have time to leave some review too. :3