Focus!

RUDE BOY

Chapter 3


There’s only seven days or in simpler term, a week to go before the tournament and the practice getting intense each day.

Another whistle blow from the couch. “Break time.” He announced.

As an efficient manager she was, Jiwon quickly reached the tray that full with drinks she just poured and went into the field to fetch it to them.

“Thank you manager-nim.” The members said.

“Just thanks me by practicing hard.” she replied with expressionless face. Her intention was to cheer on them however it only came out as threaten. They eyed each other and laugh warily.

God! Seriously she need to work on her social interaction.

“What is it this time?” S.Coups ran to Jiwon excitedly to look what she brought.

“It’s only orange juice.”

“Just what I need.” He said breathlessly as he took a cup from the tray and drink it in one shot. Then he laughed.

“Here,” she continued passing the drinks to other students as they reached her. A small smile appear when S.Coups started walk beside her.

“Actually I kind of nervous.” S.Coups started to speak. “For this tournament I mean.”

She give him a glance silently asking him to proceed.

“It because, you know… we never reach this far.” He continued while his finger playing with his plastic cup timidly. “Our team was never good, we and—“

“No, we’re getting better.” She cut him quickly.

He chuckled. “I said was.” looking straight into her eyes which she quickly averted and continued to walk away. He followed again. “But, then you joined our club, and start making all those schedule of practice time. You make notes for each member their weakness and strength, how to overcome those problems, and then Vernon joined in, he brought those fan club.” Another chuckle. “Maybe we can get a squad of cheerleader in the near future?”

“If you want it, I could try asking them if they would—‘

“No.” he cut her this time. “I’m just kidding, aish you’re too serious sometimes.” He messed her hair. “Chill.”

“Oh.” Instantly Jiwon’s cheeks warmed from the unforeseen contact.

Thank god, another group of members reached them and Jiwon quickly busied herself by handing them the drinks covering her red face.

“Hey, captain is it true that Im Nayeon confessed to you?”

“You are going to accept her right?” Come another question.

What?

Surprise was understatement to what she was feeling at that moment.

She was too awestruck to realize the cup in her hand was slipping off.

“Watch out.” S.Coups trying to snatch the cup only it was a mere second too late.

“Are you okay?” He asked, and the question was not for her as the members around her started giving her a sympathy look.

What happen?

Jiwon who was still in aftershock state was clueless.

“What the hell?” Come a very irritated voice from below.

Below?

She titled her head to the source of the voice.

If a look could kill she would be dead meat by now. And the killer would be none other than Vernon the-rude-jerk-she-loved-to-hate. She swallowed hard, as her eyes met the murderous glare from Vernon. He was on his knee beside her, also without any specific reason was drenched with orange juice.

“What are you doing?” She asked in confusion, her mind was somewhere else full of Im-Nayeon-confessed-to-S.coups-and-is-he-going to-accept-her.

“What the hell are you doing?” He hissed back.

She didn’t answered as her mind slowly registered the incident.

Eyes never leaving hers, he proceed to tie his shoe lace somehow rougher than supposed before stood up towering her. She gulped again, with sudden realization of how big he was compared to her smaller form.

Clenching his jaw, he took another step toward her but was stopped by S.Coups as he stood between them.

Jiwon couldn’t help but silently thanks the captain. Vernon really did look mad for whatever-stupid-reason-this-time. It’s hard to admit it in her still daze mind, but, she was scared. That’s a fact.

“Just wash it off okay? She doesn’t mean it.” He said in his all good nature way.  A flash of annoyance could be seen in Vernon’s expression from the sudden intrusion. Before Vernon could reply S.Coups pushed him the other way, sending him off. “Just go.”

“Whatever.” A small grumbled could be heard, yet he still followed the captain instruction.

“That was intense.” One of the member comment.

Sighing, S.Coups spun his heels to face Jiwon. “Are you alright?”

“Did I…?” she gestured to Vernon. “…did that?”

S.Coups nodded, joined by the members around her.

.

Really? Why should I do then? Wait, is it really the Im Nayeon they were talking about just now? The pretty Im Nayeon? The daughter of— did I really pour the orange juice on Vernon? But, why did the Im Nayeon suddenly interest in S.Coups? Ah! Focus Jiwon!

Jiwon doesn’t know what to think anymore, her mind was so messed up.

“Um… then, here.” Jiwon handed over the tray to closest member beside her, “I’ll go check on him.” She said to no one in particular. Still trying to arrange her thought, she accidentally took a step opposite from Vernon’s direction but she quickly correct it with a pinch on her cheek.

But a hand stopped her from chasing after Vernon. Jiwon’s eyes follow the hand that clasp on her elbow. Her eyes met S.Coups’. He was giving her the same look in store a year ago. He was worried. “Are you okay?”

“Ye-yes. I was just…”

“Are you sure?” He asked study her face carefully.

“Wha—“She paused as his eyes met her.

Something was off with the way he looked at her. Is this still about Vernon? Or…

God! Please no!

“By the way, I don’t think it is a wise decision to go look for him now.” He quickly added

“No, I just need to—“she pulled her arm from his hold and run to the club room ignoring all his calls only focus on her clumsy steps.

As soon as she closed the door behind her, her legs collapsed. Her chest about to burst from the anxiety. Inhaled deeply, count to five, then she exhaled. She repeated the action almost ten times to calm her nerve.

What on earth just happen? She wondered rubbing her sweaty forehead.  

“Did he… finally found it?” Jiwon didn’t realize she was talking out loud or the fact that the room was occupied.

Not until she heard a very familiar-sickening voice, “Finally found what?”

God! Just kill me already!

Very slowly she looked up to meet the last person she want to meet right now, while praying all of this just a stupid nightmare so she could wake up and nothing of this nonsense could harm her.

But reality always cruel wasn’t it?

Vernon was there, sitting crossed legs on a bench with all his glory like he actually owned the place. His back idly leans against the locker, and a towel covering his hair and half of his face hiding one of his eyes. As their eyes met, she could see the glint of amusement in his eyes before a smirk formed on his lips.

“That you have a huge crush on him.” And that was not even a question. It was a statement.

Am I in hell already?


Still no review?? :'3

Just one question, should I continue or not?