The new develope defense system shattered

RUDE BOY

“You’re late.” She said, her eyes fixed on the soccer field filled with all the soccer players who were running their laps, deliberately ignored the only person who had the nerve of being late when he already know the next game was on next weekend. It was their first game of this semester to be precise, and she knew the game would mean nothing to him as he just join this club a month ago. But, as the new member could he at least showed some effort of being a member? And he has such a talent too. Yeah, that’s solely the reason of keeping him here, because their soccer team was gradually showing some potential in this semester. Not to mention this coming tournament was only a fluke that they get it because of other team withdrawal. Thus, they cannot afford to lose him this moment.

“I was hold up by something.” He muttered while stretching his neck to warm up.

“By what?”

“Already forgotten.”

And he didn’t even try to make some believable excuses.

She tore her eyes to look at the unbelievably rude boy as he finishing his warm up session.

“Run five laps.” She instructed him, straight face.    

He leisurely put on his snapback backward. “Aahh, I’m sleepy, a nap sound good?” He yawned.

Excuse me?

Alright, let’s do some introduction first before she choked this damn boy to death using her very own hands. Her name was Oh Jiwon, she was the manager of this not-so-great-or-popular soccer team of Pledis High School which she intend to make them shine for several personal reasons. A second year student also in her second year running this club and you can do the calculation how long she ran this club. And the boy on her left side who was staring down at her unapologetically while she was glaring daggers at him back was Chwe Hansol, or more known as Vernon (his middle name).  Yeah, it’s not usual for Korean to have middle name, it was because he’s not fully Korean. He was mixed, the reason he was given a face with undeniable attractiveness, or at least that was what she always heard from other students. She snorted at that thought.

The first time she met him was half of year ago, when he just transferred here. Jiwon was at the teacher room to submit the homework that due the day before that she couldn’t submit because she was tending her feverish five years old sister. Then the teacher from the next table called after her and asked her if she could help him showed this new student (yes, that’s right right, that boy was Vernon) to his class or possibly around the school like cafeteria, toilet, library and etc. because he has meeting in about ten minutes.

As a good student she was, she accept the request gladly and showed him around. At that time, she thought she should give a good first impression of this school to the new student. Therefore, she showed him the whole school. Yup, the WHOLE school, room by room, the short cut, which food booth tastier, which teacher he shouldn’t mess up with and the opposite one, EVERYTHING. She even skipped an entire lesson to give him the free tour, which was her favorite lesson! 

When the tour almost over, she realized she was the only one did the talking. So, she spun to face him and to ask him if he has any question. However, her sudden movement backfired her as it caught him off guard because he was looking elsewhere.

Thump!

Their body collide before landed on the floor with a loud bang. He was on top.

Okay, get ready to the cliché part, the too cliché part.

Her first kiss was taken by him.

Right, much too cliché. Just bear with it, please. It’s only starting.

His weight was suffocating her, but in her utter shock state, she couldn’t move an inch. So, to push him off was out of question at the moment. She was looking at him in horror, while he just looked down at her with straight face, all the while their lips still intact.

A normal human being would quickly stand up and says sorry or something like that. But this Vernon, was far from normal, Jiwon established the conclusion in that spur of moment. It’s not only he did not pulled off, but to make matter worst his lips started to move as his eyes still hold on to hers!

Jiwon was speechless.

This was not the first kiss she would imagine.

It hurt. It suffocating! It was horrified! And it taste blood?

Then all of a sudden he stopped as his brows furrow together. He slowly pulled his lips from hers, and make a disgust sound.

Yes, he did that sound. Right in front of her.

“Ergh, no wonder I felt like a vampire.” He muttered wiping his lips with the back of his hand before stood up. Fixing his bag strips on his shoulder he head titled up and read the classroom’s sign board. “2-2. Finally, my class.” Plucking off the earphones from his ears, he turned the doorknob and went in.

Leaving her.

Lying on the cold floor.

Alone.

One word in her mind.

Rude.

And she would give anything to erase those stupid/embarrassed/nightmare memories from her mind, only it was impossible, because it was involving her first kiss. Who the hell forget their first kiss easily?

Fortunately the next five month she never met him again. God bless her. Jiwon was not sure it was because they really never passed each other in the hall way, cafeteria or even when their classes combined in a several subjects because it was surely sound impossible, or it was because her brain already developed a defense system which make his face not to be included in her sight. She assumed the latter sound believable. Whichever was it, she was grateful, really. She meant it.

He such a disaster.

But, her happiness did not last long as a month ago he signed up into the soccer team…..

Damn it.

The present Vernon flicked his finger on Jiwon’s face snapping her out of her own thought, much to her own annoyance.

“What are you still doing here?” she snapped. “Five laps!”

His right brow rose at her as his eyes gazing at her up and down like she some kind of disease he doesn’t want to get infected before doing what she told him.                                                                            

Seriously, she didn’t want anything to do with him.


Please comment, tell me what do you think;

Like should I continue or not.