[Jeonghan/Romance] Broken Wings

FRONTING 척하다 | Scenario Shop | (REQUESTS CLOSED)

Broken Wings

"Yeonsoo! How many times do I have to tell you before you stop seeing that, that angel?" Her mom fumed, her rage unable to kept under control, leading to her half-transformation, baring her canine teeth at her youngest child. Yeonsoo only looked at the painting behind her mother, playing innocent.

It wasn't her fault that she had fallen in love with an angel, was it? Love was a free emotion afterall.

"Aish, the youngest child, yet so rebellious," Yeonsoo's mom clicked her tongue and walked away, sighing. She heaved a sigh of relief. Luckily, her nagging's not as bad today. Anways, time to meet Jeonghan-oppa...

At that thought, Yeonsoo dashed out of the house and went to the nearby village, which was bustling with many mystical beings, and also, the perfect date spot with Jeonghan!

"Hannie!" She shouted excitedly as she rushed and hugged Jeonghan tightly. His laughter was a melodious tune to her ears.

"Hey Soo-ah, it's nice to see you again," Jeonghan smiled as he held her hands and led her along the winding pathway to their favourite place; the fountain in the middle of the village.

And.

As usual, everyone stared at the couple with a disdainful look on their faces. It was obvious what they were thinking in their heads.

What? How can a werewolve and an angel be together?

Are they nuts?

They should be ashamed to walk around in public. Teens nowadays...

Yeonsoo, not one to contain her temper, looked at the sneering lady next to her and growled, her eyes already starting to gain its red hue. Jeonghan just rolled his eyes and dragged his lover away. "How many times have I told you not to do that?"

"But-"

"It doesn't matter how people see us right? Because I love you for you, and nothing else." Jeonghan smiled warmly at her and she blushed bright red at the loving words. Yeonsoo nodded fondly and looked down at her shoes.

He's right. Yoon Jeonghan, you are the only one I care about, and no one else.

.

.

"I can't believe I'm standing right outside your door right now."

"Don't be scared. I'm here to protect you," Yeonsoo coaxed as she gave her boyfriend's hand a reassuring sqeeze. Yeonsoo opened the door and shouted a 'I'm home!' before ushering Jeonghan into the house, at the same time making her mom drop whatever she was holding in her hands.

"Y-YEONSOO?" Her mom gawked, "D-Did you just?"

"Yes mom. I brought my boyfriend home to introduce him to you." Yeonsoo beamed a tad too brightly at her mom. Just then, her dad came home from the front door, and that was when all hell broke lose.

.

.

It kind of amused (and frightened Jeonghan) to know that what had been a nice date had now became a family meeting. He shifted uncomfortably in his position and wondered why he even bothered sitting in the formal, kneeling seiza-style when there was a table between him and her parents.

Her relatives also came, mind you.

The eldest, Yeonsoo's grandfather squinted his eyes at the angel. "You! Boy! You are dating my granddaughter?"

Jeonghan smiled and gave a formal bow, introducing himself.

"Do you think you have the qualifications to go after her? As her husband, you need to have enhanced reflexes, strong senses and of course, the strength to protect her."

"I think he should let us test him." Yeonsoo's father glared at Jeonghan. Oh no, he wouldn't let him pass.

"Accept it, boy?"

"Of course." Jeonghan said with determination.

.

.

"What? WHAT? Are you telling me he's alive?" Yeonsoo's father said in an outrage. The messenger just nodded his head and left in a hurry as he went ballistic into wolf-form. Howling, he ran into the backyard leading to the forest to see Jeonghan laughing merrily with his precious daughter.

"Brat!" He gritted his teeth as Jeonghan looked at him.

"You passed all the tests?" Jeonghan nodded his head cautiously. "THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE! Tell me why you could! You cheated, didn't you?"

"I hope this doesn't hurt you but angels do actually possess such abilities."

"But-"

"Appa! You promised to give him your approval once he got them over with. If you don't, I'm not going to call you my family anymore."

"What? Yeonsoo-ah." He saw the glare in her eyes and started sulking, "Alright, whatever. I can't be bothered with him anymore."

.

.

"Kid, once you drink this, your life as an angel is over. And you would only be half-wolf at most. Belonging to neither clans, can you cope with it?" Two years had long passed and Yeonsoo's father had kind of taken a liking to Jeonghan. He was not so bad.

"I understand." Jeonghan downed it in one shot without hesitation. Her father smiled. He had never once seen Jeonghan falter to protect or save Yeonsoo. Maybe, just maybe, he could trust another guy with his daughter. Jeonghan hacked as he went onto his knees. his form shaking. The two wings that first caught Yeonsoo's curious eyes turned black, feathers falling down slowly, leaving nothing but two scars down his back. Jeonghan's eyes turned red and he grew canine teeth.

Yeonsoo gasped at what he had became. What she had done to him. Sure, he was still beautiful and amazing as ever but, what if he didn't like what he saw?

"I'm sorry, Jeonghan." She let a tear roll off her cheek in sadness.

"What are you sorry for? I loved you so I did it. Because I can't picture a life without you." He switched back to his humanly features and pressed a chaste kiss on Yeonsoo's forehead.

"I love you."

 

 


Hello! Very unfortunate about this request, because it just died and went to heaven. First time writing werewolf!AU and it turned out weird. My apologies. Have a Hoshi.