[Mingyu/Fluff] Vanilla Kisses

FRONTING 척하다 | Scenario Shop | (REQUESTS CLOSED)

 “Come in,” Ana heard a knock on her door. “Oh, it’s just you Mingyu,” she feigned disinterest as the disheveled boy casually strolled into her hotel room.

 “I just came in to tell you that Joshua and Wonwoo will be over soon. They’re just looking for the poker cards,” he said as he causally ran his fingers through his damp hair, brushing away strands that had been plastered on his face. How is it that this boy manages to look good 24/7?

 “You know, you could join the two single beds together so we can all sit in a circle later,” Mingyu commented. Their friends were about to come over for their daily game night, a tradition they’ve picked up the past 2 weeks they’ve been in Busan together.

 “Smart,” Ana agreed as she began to push. Much to her embarrassment, the bed didn’t move an inch.

 “Let me help you,” Mingyu walked to her side as he effortlessly moved the bed.

 “I could’ve managed,” Ana protested. Mingyu turned to her as they stood, barely inches away from each other. Their eyes locked and neither spoke for what felt like eternity.

 “B-But thanks,” Ana broke off as she focused her attention to the carpeted floor.

.

.

 “Sunday morning rain is falling,” Joshua’s melodic voice filled the room.

 “Steal some covers, share some skin,” Mingyu continued in the most ear piercing voice they had ever heard.

 “Why man,” Wonwoo glared at him.

 “For the sake of humanity, don’t ever sing again!” Ana chided as she smacked Mingyu squarely on his face.

 “I wasn’t that bad!” Mingyu pouted as he threw down his cards and flopped back on the bed.

 “It’s too late for your nonsense and I’m tired,” it was 11 which Ana considered an ungodly hour as she had the habit of being in bed by 9. Rubbing her eyes, she stifled a yawn.

 “Do you want to sleep? We could leave,” Joshua asked in an attempt to be considerate.

 “You could rest on me,” Mingyu sprang up as he placed a pillow onto his lap and gestured Ana towards it. This earned a short laugh from Wonwoo and Joshua.

 “Sicko,” Ana scolded as she snatched the pillow from him, burying her face into it to hide her blush.

.

.

 “Sleep on my lap? Seriously? Are you trying to gross her out?” Wonwoo slapped him on the back of his head, hard.

 “You really are awful at confessing,” Joshua couldn’t find a nicer way to put it.

.

.

 Knock.. Someone was at Ana’s door. She mentally groaned as she forced herself out from under her warm blanket. Knock. “Give me a second,” she yelled as she rushed for the door.

 “A-Ana!” Mingyu seemed surprised when the fiery brunette swung the door open.

 “What do you want?” Ana cut to the chase.

 “You look nice without your spectacles,” Mingyu complimented.

 Oh gosh I’m not wearing my specs, Ana cursed before using her hands to cover her face.

 “Wha-what do you want?” Her voice laced with urgency.

 “Just wanted to see if I could borrow a spare pillow,” the words left Mingyu’s mouth mechanically. He had spent the past 5 minutes rehearsing the line outside her room. The last thing he needed was to blurt out something stupid again.

 “Hang on,” Ana disappeared into her room before returning seconds later with a pillow. Tossing it at him, her hands quickly found their way back to her face. I hope he didn’t catch too much, she prayed.

 “You really do look beautiful without your specs,” Mingyu confessed. Ana could feel his stare burning holes through her.

 “Naw, I look awkward,” despite saying that, she allowed her hands to drop.

 “Y-yeah, maybe you’re right,” Mingyu agreed, his eyes never met Ana’s once.

 Ana’s heart sank a little.

 “Goodnight Gyu.”

 What’s wrong with me.

 “Sweet dreams.” The door closed behind Mingyu.

.

.

 “Last chance to confess today,” Wonwoo whispered into Mingyu’s ear. They were at the base of Yeon-in mountain.

 “I know, when we’re at the summit,” Mingyu lightly brushed his friend aside, even though he knew it was true.

.

.

 “You’re so unfit Mingyu!” This earned a laugh from Wonwoo and Joshua.

 “Shut up! It’s winter, plus the air is thinner at high altitudes,” he wheezed, out of breath. They had been climbing for 2 hours and the summit was still nowhere in sight.

 The scenery was beautiful. The trees that lined the path were covered in powder white snow which brought out the vivid ruby hues of the Japanese Camellias. Ana adored winter unlike many others. She believed that winter served to highlight the beauty of spring.

 “Ah!” Ana screamed as a fresh pile of snow fell from a branch above her, burying her in ice from head to toe.

 “KIM MINGYU!” She hollered as swung her bamboo stick in all her fury. He had used his hiking stick to hit the tree branches which displaced the snow.

 “I’m sorry! Gah! I’m sorry,” Mingyu begged as he raced onwards, occasionally getting struck in the back by Ana’s hiking sitck. Damn that girl has such monstrous strength.

.

.

  “They say there’s a wish bell at the top of these stairs!” Ana excitedly pointed towards a small path. They had just reached the peak and were trying to catch their breath.

 “Joshua and I want to get some ice cream. You two go ahead,” Wonwoo hinted as he shoved Mingyu towards Ana.

 “But I want to see the bell,” Joshua whined as Wonwoo led him away.

.

.

 “You go first,” Ana beamed as she pushed Mingyu into the shrine to make his wish.

 Mingyu found himself face-to-face with a giant rusted bell that towered over him. Wishes eh, what nonsense, he laughed bitterly. The past two weeks had been draining for Mingyu. He was tired of trying to get Ana’s attention;he was tired of messing up around her;he was tired of being Mingyu. Ana would never like a Mingyu

 “I just wish to be a part of Ana’s wish,” he heaved a sigh. 

 “Mingyu-ah! Follow me to get some ice cream won’t you?” Ana’s voice sounded from behind him.

 “Of course!” He mustered his face smile as he spun around to face her. Anything for you.

.

.

 “I love vanilla,” Ana’s voice lowered with a hint of sadness, or nostalgia? Mingyu couldn’t quite tell.

 “You’ve got ice cream on your face, nasty boy,” she chuckled as she leaned in. There faces were but inches apart and Mingyu’s breath hitched. I hope she can’t hear how loudly heart is pounding, he swallowed, hard.

 As she wiped the corner of his mouth, Ana opened to say something but her words failed her. They remained there, legs dragging off the edge of the cliff, lost in each other’s eyes.

 “I love you more than vanilla,” Ana said in barely a whisper. Mingyu’s eyes widened and as he was off-guard, Ana gently pressed her lips against his.

 “I heard you at the bell tower. I wish you would’ve told me how you felt earlier,” she murmured into his neck.

 

 


This was really tough cause my idea of a perfect holiday would be with my girl-friends, shopping or something. Do leave constructive comments below and hope you enjoyed the story! :)