Streets of the Bronx (V)

The Tragic Story of Jasmine & Vernon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pair: Vernon (Seventeen) x OC
A/N: This story is based on the movie "A Bronx Tale".  

Bronx, New York, 1957  

8-year-old Hansol Choi was riding his bike around the predominantly Korean neighborhood. It amazed him that there was so much in the world that he didn't know about, like what people of different races were like. He always wondered what it'd be like to talk to a non-Korean person. Since his mother died when his little sister was born, and his father remarried, he never really got to know her. But he knew that she was white, yet he was raised as a Korean. This little community was his life, his everything. It seemed as if everything he needed was around him. The market was there, all his friends were there, and there are was a drive-in movie theater not too far from there.

But Hansol couldn't help but feel indifferent. He wanted to go out and explore another neighborhood. Even if he wanted to, he father would never let him. "Stay at the stoop son!" His father would always say to him whenever he went too far out of the neighborhood. His father was a bus driver. From 5 to 7 he'd work except for weekends, for about $1.50 an hour.

It's not much, but it's enough to pay the bills on time and put food in his family's mouths.

"Hey, Hansol!" Soonyoung, one of Hansol's friends called out once Hansol parked his bike near the stoop and sat down.
Hansol lived in an apartment with his stepmother and father and his friends didn't live too far away. "Hey, guys!" Hansol said cheerfully as his friends sat next to him. "Say, you guys want to play a game?" Seungkwan said.They all agreed to play guess who.

Jihoon, also known by his friends as Woozi decided that he was going to go first. He stood up and started patting his face. "Mr. Oh?" Seungkwan shouted. "Mr. Kim?" Jihoon kept patting his face, especially his cheeks. Hansol stared at him for a minute, trying to figure out who he was.

"Coffee Cake!" He then shouted. Jihoon stopped patting his face and gave Hansol a high-five. Coffee Cake was one of the men around the neighborhood that owned the bar about a foot away from the apartment building that Hansol lived in. Coffee Cake had very distinct facial features: his cheeks.  "Okay, let me go!" Hansol said excitedly as he got up. He put up his hand and extended 3 fingers, leaving the other 2 folded. "Oh, I know this one!" Joshua said. " It's Sunny!" Sunny had 5 fingers on each hand, but he usually on used 3. Hansol thought it was so cool.

Everyone knew it was Sunny. Ever since Hansol was 5, he wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter