TWO

stop running (from love)

Kyungsoo doesn’t know how he ended up in an alleyway, pressed up against another alpha, head to chin.

Actually, he does and it is all Byun Baekhyun’s fault.

After they had went back from their little play session with the other wolf yesterday, Baekhyun complained and wanted to go out the next day, playing (actually, go shopping for freaking expensive clothes that Kyungsoo had to buy). Of course, his father heard everything because Baekhyun was so ing noisy all the time and immediately told Kyungsoo to go to the city with his future mate and buy some stuff for the pack if he was already there. Is he an errand boy? Did Kyungsoo miss something? Why didn't he sent Yixing, their pack healer to the city and buy the stuff he needed himself?

So naturally he had to go. And of course he had to end up in a sticky situation although he thought it would be Baekhyun pressed against a wall, all wet and needy for him. He definitely didn’t expect to be the one, even through he wasn’t wet or needy at all but the alpha who was in front of him and reeked so powerful, it might have been the case that Kyungsoo wet himself. He wouldn’t tell anybody about it if it was the case, which it wasn’t. Yeah.

He doesn’t know the alpha. He knows his smell because it was very similar from yesterday, from the golden furred wolf who played with him, so childishly and naïve. This guy in front of him was not naïve, innocent or any of these words described him. Kyungsoo couldn’t even breathe in, so strong was his scent, so intoxicating and mind-blurring. Kyungsoo had a hard time focusing and stare menacing back at the taller alpha, who had been brave enough to kidnap him from Baekhyun’s side and push him up against a random alleyway.

The man hadn’t spoken until now, just kept the staring contest between them going, while his hands where pulling Kyungsoo’s shirt up and messing up his collar. He looked insane, eyes wide and Kyungsoo could see the red lingering in his iris. The unknown man with the familiar scent was staring so hard, Kyungsoo thought he was about to pop a vein if he continued to be this way.

Why wasn’t he speaking at all? Doesn’t he want to explain himself? What is he doing here in the Do’s territory and why the hell is he jumping on Kyungsoo in the first place? Didn’t they get along just fine yesterday? He didn’t even want to leave, if Kyungsoo remembered right? Why is the wolf being so unreasonable?

Before Kyungsoo could open his mouth, the other man buried his nose into his neck without permission. It made Kyungsoo freeze and tense up at the sudden and random action. Never ever had another alpha tried to sniff him, to really breathe him in like this one is doing. It was so strange; Kyungsoo could only stay unmoving in shock, staring at the blonde hair which was tickling his cheek and chin. The man slowly pulled away, nose crinkled and eyes somehow even darker than before with a golden shine in his eyes. Kyungsoo couldn’t stop looking at the men’s handsome face when he pulled away and closed his eyes to right himself.

“You smell pleasant.”

Did I hear wrong? “What?”

“I said you smell good.”

“I know what you said.”

“So why ask?”

“Because you jump me, smell me and make an absurd comment about my scent, which is none of your ing business actually, and you didn’t explain yourself yet.”, Kyungsoo snaps at the golden fur without blinking.

The stranger stares into Kyungsoo’s face, unforgiving and no, it doesn’t make Kyungsoo uncomfortable. He is the next in line and totally not out of control.

“I didn’t jump you, I wanted to talk with you but seeing you with that beautiful needy omega I was suddenly feeling so angry. And don’t dogs usually smell each other to say hello? Also why can’t you take a compliment? You smell really nice. It’s no crime to compliment you, isn’t it?”

What is he? A total flirt.

“You know I am an alpha, right?”

“Of course… I know that! My nose works quite fine, thanks.”, the other tilts his head to the side. Kyungsoo really is remained of a dog puppy while looking at the man now. Not the intimidating alpha-male that had pushed him wildly around like he pleased. This had never happened before.

Kyungsoo has to straighten himself, when the other alpha slowly lets go of him completely, fixing the collar of Kyungsoo’s shirt and cleaning the invisible dust from his jacket. Shocked about the action, Kyungsoo’s eyes widen and his mouth opens without his consent.

“What the hell are you doing? Stop touching me already!”, he growls deep in his throat when he gets himself together. The other alpha just shrugs, hands still lingering a little too long on Kyungsoo’s narrowed shoulders. Having enough, Kyungsoo grabs the wrist of the other and pushed his hands away. Now finally feeling in control again, after this awkward first exchange, Kyungsoo clears his throat and looks up at the taller male.

How the is he so tall? What did his mother give him to drink? Why didn't he get the same treatment from his mother?

“So can I help you in any way?”, Kyungsoo finally forces out after envying silently the others statue. He looks the other up and down when the stranger still didn't answer but also checked him out.

“Well, you could help me out…” Kyungsoo looks up to see a smirk forming at the other alphas lips. Not understanding, Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow, waiting.

“You’re too cute.”, the stranger smirk widens before pinching Kyungsoo’s neck. Snarling, Kyungsoo steps away and into the wall again, not believing that another alpha and loner how it seemed, dared to hold his neck and force him into submission. Although he already did that while kidnapping him, it still hurt Kyungsoo’s pride, how easily the other could just touch him.

Why was he so slow all of the sudden with his reflexes? Kyungsoo never let his guard down and kept his power and strength on display so others wouldn’t be fooled by his appearance but this dude surly has some eye-sight problems to think that Kyungsoo was an easy target for his game.

“Explain why you dragged me here or else.”, getting impatient, Kyungsoo spared a glance at his wrist watch. Baekhyun probably had tried calling him a few times by now, asking where he disappeared to. Indeed, this guy had been so quick in grabbing Kyungsoo, that he wasn’t even sure if Baekhyun noticed immediately that he left. He must be worried sick, the little troublemaker.

“Ah yes. Of course. I actually wanted to threaten you to not come near my brother again, but now that I saw you I know you are harmless.”  The stranger had the courage to grin and wink at Kyungsoo before slowly backing away, so Kyungsoo could leave the narrowed ally if he wanted to. However, the words of the man didn’t really sit well with Kyungsoo.

Harmless. Kyungsoo and harmless. Not a threat… harmless. The thought made him laugh out loud. Maybe he looked like a maniac but the words of this absolutely stranger with the kind of familiar scent just said that Do Kyungsoo, heir of the strongest pack in this area was harmless. Like he was so harmless, he couldn’t hurt a flee. It was just too funny.

The man said that he could smell Kyungsoo, and thus he knew that Kyungsoo was an alpha as well. So why didn’t he smell the power, the strength and the bound to his pack? Why did this guy question his authority and position? This guy didn’t even ing know him and here he was telling Kyungsoo he was not a threat for whoever and so didn’t need a beat up.

Instead Kyungsoo would like to beat the living out of this dude who dared to insult Kyungsoo’s pride after complimenting his ing smell. Which still, Kyungsoo didn’t understand. A smell of another alpha should not smell good but intimidating and possessive. Not invite another alpha to grab and compliment him about it. That made no freaking sense and Kyungsoo just wanted to go back to Baek, bask in his omega scent and maybe take him in this alleyway so he could forget that this even happened and make another happy y memory with his mate. Baekhyun wouldn’t even say no if he asked. No, Kyungsoo didn’t even have to ask, because he was Baekhyun’s ing alpha and he had control over him which this dude didn’t understand.

“I don’t even know your ing brother. This was meaningless.”, he muttered under his breath when Kyungsoo calmed down from laughing so hard, that his stomach started to hurt. He really didn’t know this man’s brother, hadn’t seen anyone who looked similar to this guy.

I mean Kyungsoo wasn’t stupid but right now he really didn’t have a clue and was just so ing pissed at this man’s attitude. This man, who dared to make fun of him like it was noting and he couldn’t even fight him because his father needed him to buy stuff and Baekhyun was somewhere, smelling all omega-like and addicting where other alphas could easily abduct him or something and Kyungsoo wouldn’t even know that his omega was in danger because of this alpha, who still stood in front of him, watching him intensely as if wanting to figure him out.

“Back off and let me pass.”

“You should not pass.”

“What the are you saying? Did you marathon Lord of the Rings too often, or something?”, Kyungsoo scoffed, pumping into the others shoulder, when he stepped forward to go. The other grabbed his upper arm once again, pulling him in front of him. They made eye-contact and Kyungsoo could feel his teeth sharpen. Why was his self-control so weak when he was with this man?

“You smell like you belong to a pack.”, the other alpha voiced. Seemingly contemplating if he should continue. He looked uncertain of his actions and Kyungsoo liked the look of vulnerability in his face when he straightened himself and nodded curtly. “I do.”

Kyungsoo was proud of his pack, even through the wolves sometimes got on his nerve and his father was overbearing and too harsh and commanding at times. He really enjoyed the company and he wouldn’t want to change it, so he was a little wary about what the other alpha wanted from him. He couldn’t figure him out. First he was claiming some bull, manhandling Kyungsoo and disregarding his rank and now asking him really strange questions.

“Well… he said there was a pack near…”, the man murmured to himself which caused Kyungsoo to lift an eyebrow again.

“I… I know this is not the best way to meet but you and your little omega friend seem alright. You smell good too… Okay, so you met my brother yesterday, he was the blond furred wolf, who came too close to your packs territory. I am sorry for that. I didn’t want him to leave but I was hunting and he can never stand still. He is still just a pup. Oh, not that I went hunting in your territory or something. I was more upper east side.”, the other explained himself and Kyungsoo nods his head.

Of course he remembers the golden furred wolf form yesterday. He knew that the smell on this one was familiar and probably belonged to him. This means he wasn’t alone. He really must be just a pup if he didn’t know any better and crossed the territory without permission. Kyungsoo hesitated before he looked up again at the other wolf’s eyes. He didn’t know where this was going. This whole situation didn’t make much sense to him and the wolf was just so… confusing, Kyungsoo might get a headache soon if the wolf didn’t step away from him and intoxicated him with his scent of sunflowers and sugary sweets. Really this was irritating. Even if the scent was somewhat faint it was still there and irritating Kyungsoo’s nose so strongly that Kyungsoo decided it would be best to breathe through his mouth instead.

“What do you want? Spill it. I Don’t have all day.”, Kyungsoo grunted when the other bite his lip in thoughts, his fingers still digging into Kyungsoo’s upper arms. If he doesn’t let go of me soon, I will bite his fingers off.

“Its just… we are just the three of us, you know? Me and my two younger brothers’ and we have trouble getting by as the only golden furred ones left… Some hunters are behind us as well because of the fur and all that. You understand, right? I am asking if you could introduce us to your head-alpha and let us have a talk with him.”

Silence.

After hearing his request, Kyungsoo can’t help put frown. He doesn’t know if he wanted the other around. What if his father accepted them, as the ONLY GOLDEN FURRED WOLVES left, they could be a good addition to their pack and make it stand out more. His father loved the attention from other wolves; the envy about his large, mixed pack which hadn’t been weakened in decades and always stood strong among the other wolf packs around. Kyungsoo really didn’t know if this was a good idea, the wolf did admit that hunters where on their trails. If they were accepted into the pack, it would be the pack's problem. If that was the case, Kyungsoo would be the one who would have to deal with it because he brought them into the pack in the first place. He didn't really like that. Responsibility wasn't his forte, and like this his father would have the perfect mission for him, to proof himself ready to lead the pack.

Looking up from the wide chest in front of him, Kyungsoo saw in the others eyes that he was desperate. He wouldn't have asked another alpha for help, if he wasn't. His eyes reminded him that loners were easy targets and couldn’t protect themselves that well.  It was always hard for wolves to get by, with the wildlife being hunted by humans as well as other predators in the forests and nature changing while the cities grew. The man’s eyes screamed for help and he looked sincere, which didn’t make it easier to deny him.

“I beg you to think about it. If you agree, please come to the place where you met Sehun. My name is Kris and my other brother is Jongin. We won’t make much trouble. We just need a place to stay for the time being. I am sorry for coming off too strong but you really irritated me at first. You do smell really good.”, he was babbling.

The alpha looked so unsure of himself right now, he started to look more easy to Kyungsoo with every sentence that left the taller’s desperate mouth. He really needs to shut up. He talks as much as Baekhyun does. Nosy.

“I will think about it,”, was all Kyungsoo replied, so he could finally leave. Kris nodded his head, staring at Kyungsoo for one last glance before he smiled and walked off.

Kyungsoo breathed in deeply, still smelling the addicting scent of the other alpha and frowned only more. What the hell is wrong with him? He never found the smell of another alpha attractive. . This is such a mess.

Growling and feeling for his phone at the same time, Kyungsoo walked out of the alley in search of his mate who was probably searching for him.

 


A/N: Sorry that this little chapter took sooo long but I really had some problems and univeristy has ed me up and well.. I decided that this story won't be a three shot or something. I make this a short chaptered but long story... 10 chapter or something? Maybe a little less. I am not sure but I like short chapters more because it is easier to update. I hope you liked this chapter and are not too surprised that Jongin actually still didn't make his appearance. I was smiling when I read the comments and you ALL thought it was Jongin who played with Kyungsoo. That would be too easy, wouldn't it be? ^.^