THREE

stop running (from love)

After Kyungsoo made it back to the pack's property, with Baekhyun safely tugged under his arm, he made a visit to his father.

Baekhyun had been devastated when he noticed that Kyungsoo had been gone. He even cried and had snot all over his pretty face, which Kyungsoo did find rather disgusting than cute but the omega clinged to him like a leech, smelling him, checking if he was hurt and so on, until Kyungsoo shut him up with a heavy kiss. It was easy to get Baekhyun to shut up but that didn't mean that Kyungsoo enjoyed it as much as he would have before his meeting with Kris. The alpha had made him think, not only about the tricky situation he and his brothers where in but also about Kyungsoo's feelings. Not that he had any feelings for that tree of an alpha but his addicting scent wouldn't leave his nose, even when he stuffed it into Baekhyun's neck, to inhale deeply.

On the way back, Kyungsoo decided to tell his father, what happened, and about the golden furrs request. It would change a lot, if his father accepted them into the pack and Kyungsoo would have to deal with a hell lot of problems but he had a lot of question, he realized. Why did Kris smell so devine? And why was the smell so faint if Kris was standing right in front of him? It confused Kyungsoo to no end  because it was the very first time for him to think about another alpha this much.

It was scary too. kyungsoo wasn't easily scared but this time he was sweating. Baekhyun was his mate, his beloved omega and his friend. He never thought about anyone else let alone an alpha. Baekhyun was the one who was promised to him and he never questioned that decisions. He did like Baekhyun even if the other was annoying at times, that was his personallity. Kyungsoo did learn to live with him, with the noisiness, the demands and hyper activity.

But an alpha? He never thought about another alpha that way, ually. It confused him so much but right now Kyungsoo couldn't change or do something against his confusion. The current situation was not about his personal problem, it was about the future of the pack and therefore he needed to talk with his father, the current head alpha.

"Father!", he called, waiting in front of his family hut in respect. After some time, the head alpha shows up, grunting in annoyance but that was probably because he just laid down to take a nap. His disheveled hair was proof enough for that observation.

"What do you want, son? Did something happen while you went out into the city?"

"Yes, father. I came into contact with a golden furr.", Kyungsoo reported while watching his father carefully. He wanted to see the other's reaction. Maybe his father knew something that he hadn't told Kyungsoo yet, maybe it has something to do with the strangers who wanted to join their pack.

"Golden furrs? These have been a rarity in this country for so long, are you sure?", his father frowns, crossing his arms in front of his chest in a defense position. He looks confused, as confused as Kyungsoo feels right now.

"Yes, I met one yesterday and today I met another one in the city. He said that hunters are after them and that they are searching for a place to stay. He wanted me to ask for an audience. They want to talk about it with you and maybe join the pack. He said that they are three of them, close to our territory.", Kyungsoo explains quickly.

Right now he feels like taking a long run; after his encounter with Kris. All the tension he felt, the faint smell which still lingers in his nose, he wants to get rid of it as quickly as possible.

Kyungsoo's father nods his head in acknowlendgement. "Golden furrs... The legend says that golden furrs are strong wolves. That they have special abilities and that they could kill a whole rival pack alone without backup."

"But then they wouldn't be extinct, would they be father?", Kyungsoo states without thinking about it but it is true. He doesn't understand why his father is even thinking about the possibility of letting them joining the pack. His pack isn't unfriendly but they have rules. Strict rules that everyone has to follow and usually new pack members have a hard time to fit in. They decide to run away instead of assimilating. Kyungsoo has seen his fair share of failures and he isn't sure if the golden furrs will be a good addition to the pack.

In generall he has nothing against new members, but this... it will be a big problem for him. Baekhyun scent is nothing comparing to the faint smell of sunflowers and rain, that he smellt on Kris and the little pup. It was strong and intense. Therefore, Kyungsoo just knows that he will have a hard time to hold back and not jump on of the golden furrs. It is embarassing to talk about but Kyungsoo doesn't udnerstand his own feelings or reactions. He never had something like this happen to him before. The smell is so potent, even if the others are alpha's as well, Kyungsoo gets disoriented just thinking about it.

"We will have a chat with them. Did you meet the alpha of their small pack today?", the head alpha suddenly asks Kyungsoo. "Yes, I did."

"Then go run along and if you manage to contact him, tell him we will have a chat tomorrow at twilight. We can't let them roam the forrest and maybe guide the hunters to our camp. Better we find them and find a solution as fast as possible."

"Yes, sir.", Kyungsoo bows the slightest before he turns and tranforms into this wolf form. He howls for Baekhyun, so his omega knows that he is going out for a run, and gets a loud and familar howl in return.

Running as if his life depended on it, Kyungsoo tries to find the golden furrs in the deep forrest. He only has to follow the smell.

 

_____

Happy new year!