ONE

stop running (from love)

 

Kyungsoo has always known that Baekhyun is the one. There was no one who he was infatuated with but the omega with the big mouth that looked incredible around his and knot. Kyungsoo never desired another body but Baekhyun’s fragile form, hips that could hold a tempo, an that could take him so well, smooth and pale skin which looked even more delicious with blue and red bruises that were made by Kyungsoo himself. And his stamina was one more trait that Kyungsoo found a blessing.

They haven’t mated yet. Too young, too wild, too whatever, his father would remind him. “At your 20 lunar year there will be a time where you feel it. The pull to your real mate will arise and then you feel the need to bite and make him or her yours. It’s instinct.”

Yes and it will be Baekhyun. It has always been Byun-ing-Baekhyun. His parents made that clear since they were little children. “You will mate him.”, “He will be your omega.”, “Your future with Baekhyun will be filled with joy.” And so on.

Kyungsoo can still remember how distressed the slightly older man had looked as a child whenever they forced him to play with small puppy Kyungsoo. Now Baekhyun begged almost every night for his in his self-lubricating although his heat was not even close and Kyungsoo wasn’t one who held grudges for long. He ed him good, no scratch that he ed Baekhyun just right and his loud moans at night were confirmation enough for the whole pack to know.   

When the both were laying outside, cuddling under the willow not far away from their cabin in the woods, Baekhyun would loudly day-dream about their future while caressing Kyungsoo’s toned abdomen and chest like right now. Sighing in absolute peace and pressing kisses to the pale skin of his lover. Kyungsoo has always been on the quiet side, he didn’t like talking until it was necessary. No words could describe how he felt so he showed it rather than trying to metaphor himself into bed with Baekhyun. He took him when he felt and ignored him when he was moody or bored of him. It didn’t happen often, who would say no to a body like Baekhyun’s but sometimes Kyungsoo felt like he was suffocating.

Right now he felt like that, being cornered and charged. His future was laid out; the person he would mate soon was right beside him. Kyungsoo never ed anyone but Baekhyun. His experience was limited even through Baekhyun always reminded him that he made love to him very enthusiastic and good. To be frank Kyungsoo couldn’t object to that but was that it? Did he love Baekhyun? Was he the one and true mate everyone was talking about? What if he wasn’t?

Baekhyun already reached his 20 lunar year before Kyungsoo. Everyone in the pack saw the way Baekhyun’s eyes lit up when he spotted Kyungsoo for the first time on May, 6. After that they didn’t saw the couple until a day after, completely ed out and tired as hell.

Kyungsoo didn’t understand how it works. When his 20 lunar year hit would he want Baekhyun so much that he would feel the need to bite and mate with him? Would he jump at Baekhyun like the elder did to him and him senseless until he collapsed? They already managed that when they were 16. What was going to occur on that day when he was born? How would he know? How can you feel the pull of your bond with your real mate when you age another year? What does that even mean?

Kyungsoo thought a lot about it now that season changed to autumn and soon winter will fall on them and his name day will be much closer. Somehow Kyungsoo was afraid of the idea. He had so many questions and no answers.

“What are we planning for today Soo?”, Baekhyun nuzzled his nose into his neck, sighing and tickling Kyungsoo in the process. He didn’t know either. He hadn’t prepared anything and he wasn’t too willing to go and do anything actually. Shrugging Kyungsoo didn’t answer verbally.

“What’s with going on a run?”, Baekhyun squeaked excited, releasing Kyungsoo from his hold and pushing himself up on his elbows to have a better look at his lovers face. He raised an eager eyebrow, biting his lip to hide the rectangle that would form whenever he smiled genuinely.

“Yes why not?”, Kyungsoo relented when Baekhyun started to poke his chest with his pretty fingers which had too sharp fingernails for his liking. His back must look like a warzone.

“Wolf form or human form?”, he asks when Baekhyun stood up and stretched, waiting for Kyungsoo to do the same.

“Wolf.”, the elder decided, jumping up and down before he shifted with ease. His cold snout caressed Kyungsoo’s calf before he playfully bites onto his ankle. Kyungsoo smiles at the brown wolf which looked up at him with golden eyes, his sharp canine exposed as if he was grinning at Kyungsoo. between Baekhyun’s ears, Kyungsoo couldn’t help but kneel down and stare at the other wolf for a second.

His fur color was nothing special. Almost the whole pack consisted of brown furred wolves. Only Kyungsoo’s family had a different color. With his grandfather having killed the lame former brown furred alpha he had taken the title and made a home in the pack for himself. Since then no alpha of the pack could kill or dared to even touch the alphas of the Do family. If you try you die. The night black stood for power, not only because the Do’s were hardly to be seen at night with their unusual dark eyes as well as their fur color but because of their agility and strength. Kyungsoo might look innocent and fragile but when he didn’t wore a shirt (which he actually didn’t wore very often) then you could make out his prominent abs, the muscles, the power and strength that made him stand out to everyone around him but his parents. Kyungsoo was agile, he was strong, and he was the next head-alpha of the pack by heritance.

Not that he liked the idea. He enjoyed the attention Kyungsoo had to admit that at least but being the head-alpha? His responsibility would increase tenfold and his priorities would have to change from ing to protecting these who were too weak to do so. He would have to hunt to provide food, he would have to fight against trespassers and expand the territory. Kyungsoo doesn’t know if he was the right man for this job.

Staring at Baekhyun’s small wolf form, he wondered if he could do it if Baekhyun was with him, supporting him like his mother did to his father.

Baekhyun grew impatient when Kyungsoo didn’t change after a few more moments. He jabbed with his claw at Kyungsoo’s thighs to get his attention and with one shake of his black hair Kyungsoo stood proudly in his majestic wolf form in front of small Baekhyun who whined and snuggled closer to his lover’s side in a show of affection.

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were close in height in human form and to be honest Kyungsoo wasn’t the biggest wolf in the pack not like his father was at the moment but that didn’t matter. His family name and his own strenght was made clear when Kyungsoo killed Chanyeol who had been twice his seize and wanted to take Baekhyun from him when he was in his 17 lunar year. It had been a gruesome sight; all the gore and the limbs distributed on the dirty floor in Kyungsoo rage about his friend's betrayal. Kyungsoo hadn’t been proud about it but his father had been the opposite, praising him and ruffling his hair like he did when Kyungsoo was still only an innocent cub.

Kyungsoo really didn’t enjoy killing Baekhyun’s and his mutual friend and Baekhyun didn’t forgive him for five whole days but that was a showcase of his strength and nobody had the guts to claim the spot from him for the next head-alpha position although Kyungsoo wouldn’t object as long as his father had died before he stepped down. He never wanted to disappoint his father while he still lived but after that he didn’t care. Kyungsoo was not one for power play or mindless killing, except that one time. No, he rather liked to stay a brat and have all the responsibility on someone who could handle it instead.

They run for miles. While thinking, Kyungsoo didn’t even pay attention at how long and how much time had passes since they started their little run. Where was Baekhyun’s heading? Kyungsoo was chasing him, playfully staying behind, watching Baekhyun trip and yelp when his snout made contact with the ground. He snorted and rolled his eyes but stayed behind to watch Baekhyun’s behind and his pretty tail flick even before he made the move to turn right or left.

Kyungsoo followed his lover blindly; happy that he could play around as long as he was far away from his father’s watching eyes. Maybe Baekhyun knew what burden was on his shoulder and wanted to distract him? Who knew what Baekhyun had in mind when he suggested the run. Usually Baekhyun had only one thing in mind and that was and cuddling.

Was he finally leading Kyungsoo to the water cave that he found a while ago and didn’t share with him yet? Whenever he asked about it Baekhyun would explain that it was his hideout and nobody should know where it was except him. “Not even my alpha. No not you either.”, he had winked before he kissed Kyungsoo so skillfully, and biting his mouth to open with his tongue and sharp teeth, distracting Kyungsoo from asking further successfully.

Kyungsoo was easily distracted with the promise of . Honestly, Baekhyun made a out of him. Seriously Kyungsoo really needed to change a few things when they were officially mates. He didn’t want to have cubs in such a young age. He wanted to savor his young days, relish in his youth and enjoy life to his fullest. Go on adventures and throw responsibility in the gutter before he had to take care of a bunch of little-annoying-talkative-mini-Baekhyun’s and sarcastic-little-s like himself.

Suddenly Baekhyun stopped, growling into the woods. Kyungsoo almost ran into him but his reflexes where outstanding so he managed to step aside and walk in front of his lover when he smelled it as well. He had been so deep in thoughts that Kyungsoo was blind to his surroundings. A trait his father disliked the most in him but Kyungsoo was not perfect even through his father said so.

Sniffing and staring ahead, Kyungsoo didn’t make out the source of the scent. It smelled like spruce and in this particular forest there was not a tree like that. How Kyungsoo knew what it smelled like if that was true? Well he did venture out of the territory a few times as an experiment; having a few adventures without anyone knowing at night. He had been in another forest where spruce was growing and deers reigned. He made an acquaintanceship with a nice stag who had been the leader of his herd; Luhan had been his name and his unusual companion Minseok, a squirrel. He would never forget that encounter; Kyungsoo still had a scar on his left rib from Luhan’s antlers. The stag having through he was on a hunt before he could explain himself.

Kyungsoo could still hear Baekhyun growling behind him. The other had his teeth bared and he was drooling while his eyes kept searching his surroundings. Kyungsoo did the same, a little irritated that he couldn’t see anyone but smelt them just prominent enough for him to know that the other wolf was close.

Yes it was a wolf. Kyungsoo might have problems in distinguishing deers from other woodlands but to his defense their smelled different than theirs but a wolf will always smell the same; at least familiar with a hint of blood and the trees out of their respective region. This one must be from Luhan’s forest or he just passed through it. There was no telling but Kyungsoo was sure that whoever this was would show himself soon or Kyungsoo would have to hunt him down. Actually he didn’t want Baekhyun to hunt on his own (he at it but not like when his mouth was involved). He was a danger on his own.

Kyungsoo turned and bite Baekhyun’s muzzle, stopping him from growling into his ear and distracting him further. His eyes bored into his lovers and Baekhyun submitted immediately, head to the ground and eyes looking up at him in wait for Kyungsoo to bark a command but he didn’t. He left Baekhyun there on the ground, sniffing the air while going around the area where Baekhyun stopped while still having an eye on the elder. Baekhyun was trembling, holding back his own growl.

Out of nowhere Kyungsoo heard a branch snap. He turned his head in the direction and made out golden fur. It was just barely seen but the color gave the hiding place away. He growled warningly at the trespasser and blue eyes glinted in the evening sun rays. Kyungsoo didn’t back away, standing his ground when the other wolf didn’t make a move to show himself fully. Stepping closer the wolf remained pressed to the ground, eyes observing Kyungsoo carefully.

The wolf had a fur and eye color that Kyungsoo had never seen before and the closer he sneaked with small threatening steps of his paws he could make out that the other wolf was a lot larger then him as well. What bloodline belongs he too?, Kyungsoo wondered, when the growl in his throat rose in pitch and the other wolf’s trail began to wag slowly in answer.

Baekhyun barked behind him, which made Kyungsoo look back to check on the other and the blond furred wolf used this opportunity to jump out of his hideout and snap at Kyungsoo’s jaw.

They bodies collided with full force and Kyungsoo could feel his paws leaving the ground when the golden fur crashed into him. He flew a few meters before landing on the ground with a thud. He immediately stood up, steadying himself for the next attack but the wolf in front of him had lowered his chest to the ground, bottom raised in the air while his tail wagged in excitement behind him. The golden fur showed signs of playfulness and Kyungsoo shook his head in irritation.

Was he not just attacked by this wolf? What was he doing there, jumping from left to right, tail wagging so hard it could fall off any time soon. The wolf barked and his tongue was stuck out while he panted. Kyungsoo dared a glance at Baekhyun who wasn’t better informed than him. He also looked perplexed at the view and Kyungsoo pondered if this wolf was still a cub and just looked like a fully grown example of his species.

He seemed to radiate a playful manner, ready to bounce against Kyungsoo again if the other made a move to reciprocate. Actually Kyungsoo was very playful himself and tilting his head to the side while observing the golden fur, he felt like joining.  Maybe he would embarrass himself in front of Baekhyun but this wolf looked like he needed a good scolding and he did jump at Kyungsoo first and snapped at his jaw... Kyungsoo had to clear the order of ranks after all.

Mirroring the other wolf’s posture, Kyungsoo could watch with interest how the other’s eyes glinted with mischief before he leapt forward once again. And so Kyungsoo was involved into a playful fight with an unknown wolf with Baekhyun as witness. Apparently the larger wolf was also a little stronger than Kyungsoo thought (not that he would admit that out loud) because he threw Kyungsoo on his back a few times too often and snapped close to Kyungsoo’s jaw more than the former could count.

Kyungsoo’s black fur was covered with dirt and dry leaves when the fight ended. The golden fur didn’t look any different Kyungsoo had to mention but Baekhyun was rolling around in the dirt himself, probably giggling and snickering to himself at Kyungsoo’s many losses. Of course Baekhyun had to observe his future mate carefully and saw how poorly Kyungsoo did in a play-fight.

Urgh… he would never hear the end of this.

Kyungsoo directed his attention back to the panting wolf in front of him. He didn’t move but they locked eyes and held the contact. There was no one backing down and Kyungsoo confirmed his first thoughts about the wolf. He was another alpha, a strong and special one from a strong bloodline if his fur and eye color had anything to reveal.

Shifting into his human form was not an option for Kyungsoo right now. He could swear that he had more bruised then he wanted to have and showing his defeat and weakness openly in front of his opponent was not strategic acceptable. A few things Kyungsoo learnt from his father. Know your enemy better than your friends and don't show anyone weakness. Not that Kyungsoo would say that the golden fur was an enemy per se but he was a stranger and as long as he didn’t change first in his human form, Kyungsoo wouldn’t either.

Mentioning for the other wolf to do something, anything the wolf raised his head in question, tilting his head. Kyungsoo only snorted, walking over to Baekhyun and nudging him to stand up and run back to the pack. Baekhyun refused at first, whining like the needy he was for Kyungsoo when he was in heat and Kyungsoo snapped at his ears, not in a playful manner anymore before Baekhyun shut up and started to walk backwards towards home before turning and running at full speed when Kyungsoo growled one last time.

Huffing and shaking his muzzle, Kyungsoo felt the other wolf coming closer again. The next second he had golden fur mixed with his black one when the other snuggled to his side, his jaw where his teeth had made contact with the sensitive skin in their play-fight. Kyungsoo growled at the other, snapping for his snout in warning and no means playful manner and the other seemed to understand. He backed away a little and Kyungsoo observed him for a moment, thinking deeply if it would be foolish of him to guide this wolf back to his pack. He could follow their scent anyway but still. If he brought this fellow with him what would his father do?

This pup couldn’t be older than 17 if you just take his personality in account. Dying at such a young age because he entered the Do pack’s territory without permission was not necessary. Kyungsoo had to admit that he kind of liked the other wolf’s fur. It looked nice and smooth and if Kyungsoo was human he would definitely caress the fur with his human hands as long as he saw fit. It must feel nice not like Baekhyun’s shaggy fur which he had to kempt for hours before Kyungsoo would be satisfied. Seeing this special colored fur mix with the red of blood wouldn’t be to Kyungsoo’s satisfaction.

Deciding on shooing the fellow wolf away with a few shoves to his side and forehead on forehead (did the other wolf think he was starting another play-fight?), Kyungsoo tried his best to work things out in an innocent manner.

The golden fur had problems understanding, shoving Kyungsoo back and nipping at his jaw and nuzzling the warmth of Kyungsoo’s body heat but after some more threatening growls and piercing eyes the golden fur retreated backwards. Kyungsoo threw his head in a motion for him to disappear and after a few minutes the golden fur nodded his head, turning and running back to where he had come from. Hopefully.

Kyungsoo sighed in relief when he watched the other wolf go. After a few moments of staring at the golden fur, Kyungsoo turned to take his leave as well and follow Baekhyun but his eyes caught the blue ones of the other wolf’s and he saw a promise in them.

He couldn’t point out what it meant because in the next second the golden was running so quickly away that Kyungsoo only saw dirt.

 


author's note: I hope you liked the first chapter.

Leave me some comments! I need feedback on this, desperately because this feels like the best chapter I ever have written. ^-^ I hope I don't mess up the next ;)