Chapter One

Jedi Rising

Years from now, when the force first took hold of the universe, creatures all over discovered and struggled to comprehend the powerful abilities some of them had and the extent of these powers. Scientists struggled to understand it, but could only dub it as `the force’. As strong as gravity, but more malleable and applicable in everyday life. Everyone it seemed, had a small connection to it, but a small number harnessed it and used it in extraordinary ways.

On Earth, before humans scattered to all corners of the galaxy, life continued normally for those on the waterlogged planet, only with Jedi blossoming from the isolated countries, the overly crowded cities, to the quiet and sleepy suburbs. In its early days, the Jedi were a loosely maintained order that had elite members who mostly followed their own code, but some of the more young Jedi simply worked for whoever had the money to afford their work.

Oh Sehun was one such member.

As a late teen Sehun found himself harnessing the force, and being taken under the wing of a man who had harnessed and mastered the force fairly quickly. He never told Sehun his true name, only an alias, stating that it protected him from those who opposed the Jedi. Sehun never understood who could hurt a Jedi, but he never pressed his master for his name. Everyone deserved privacy.

“Sehun, you have to remember that people are going to want to take advantage of your abilities. You have to be strong and remain independent.” his master threw back another shot and looked at Sehun with a serious gaze. Sehun could only shrug his narrow shoulders and his bottom lip pushed out.

“But how will I know who’s taking advantage of me?”

“Use the force of course. It’s strong in you and you can use it to protect yourself. Sense someone’s motives and of course, follow your instincts.”

Sehun had tipped back his drink and grinned at this master.

“Don’t worry Master. I’ll stick to my side jobs and avoid trouble.” his Master shook his head with an indulgent smile. Sehun admired his master, but the man was like an overprotective but secretive big brother.

“Just be careful. I’ve taught you what I know. Now it’s time to stand on your own. Make me proud, Oh Sehun.”

The rest of that night, Sehun spent time with his Master who would be leaving the country soon.

After that Sehun became a one man show. Jedi were still unorganized with a few acting as leaders among small groups of force sensitives. Sehun didn’t fall into either group.

He was a Jedi but only by title, not by creed.

He took odd jobs delivering goods and messages to less savory characters who wanted to make sure their product and words were delivered safely. Besides the occasional bodyguard job, his work was uneventful. He made enough money to eventually afford a sleek motorcycle that he upgraded himself. While his life was boring, it was his own and he was disinterested by the political unrest around him.

As far as he was concerned, life was good. Earlier this week, he’d successfully delivered an envelope to a businessman and gotten paid handsomely for his effort. Tonight he was taking a break from the drives across Seoul and he was going to his favorite bar hidden away in a hole in the wall. It was a Jedi bar, but run by people who weren’t Jedi and to make themselves feel better, lightsabers weren’t allowed. Sehun sighed as they stopped him and let his hang with the rest, feeling somewhat vulnerable with the damn thing so far, but Sehun calmed himself knowing that if he needed it he could simply call it to his side.

And there Sehun was, proud of his latest job and nursing a strong drink when he felt the back of his neck cool and the hairs rising. At the same moment, the bartender looked up at someone as they entered. Sehun knew that whoever just arrived was bad news, maybe even Sith if he was going to be pessimistic.

“Mind giving me a description?” Sehun asked mildly. The bartender glanced at him.

“Mean looking fellow. Black hair. Kinda tall.” she said. Sehun nodded and brought his hand up to his chin and curled it into a fist. An elegant and subtle hand gesture, perfect for Jedi mind tricks.

“You’ve already forgotten this conversation. And you’re going to avoid trouble the rest of the night.” he said. The woman repeated the words back to him and meandered to the other side of the circular bar and made casual conversation with some other patron. Sehun stayed on high alert as the person got closer.

Though Jedi who weren’t part of any of the order tended to fight often, they typically kept it under wraps unless it was truly dire or work.

Sehun kept one steady hand on his glass, and his other hand came down, his veins sticking out. He unfurled his hand and waited for the perfect moment. He heard a low hum and ducked to the side, narrowly avoiding a lightsaber to the neck. His lightsaber flew through the air and slotted into his right hand. He activated it, blocking his face just in time.

The man in front of him was around his height, broad shouldered and muscled.

“Nice reflexes.” the man smirked and brought his knee up, nearly catching Sehun in the stomach. Sehun jumped up to avoid it, and kicked his own feet, catching the man in the chest. He flew back a few feet before he stopped himself. Nearby Jedi stood up, on edge and uncomfortable. It was hard to know what to do in this kind of situation. Ignore it, or help? But how would they make the decision? Sehun wasn’t expecting any help, but he hoped the non Jedi staff stayed away.

The man rushed forward and aimed a slice on Sehun’s right arm, only to change his direction and hitting Sehun’s left leg. He didn’t bleed obviously, but it burned dammit.

Sehun winced and raised his hand flicking it so that the lightsaber flew out of the man’s hand and bringing his own lightsaber to the man’s neck.

“State your name and purpose,” Sehun demanded. His leg hurt like a , but there was no way he’d let this guy leave without knowing who he was or what he was doing trying to kill Sehun in a bar.

“Minho. You’re on the wrong side kid, and now my bosses have a problem.”

“Problem with what?” Sehun asked, his eyes narrowing. The other man simply grinned and made a noncommittal shrug

“The deliveries of course. You’re enabling the wrong person and now you’re a liability.” the man chuckled. Sehun scoffed. As if this wasn't a problem. How many times has his clients enemies tracked him down to threaten him? What did he have to be afraid of?

“This is ridiculous. All I’ve done is deliver a few packages and envelopes. Tell your boss I want no part in this.”

The man shook his head as if appalled at Sehun’s lack of intellect.

“Oh, you have no clue. The tides are changing Oh Sehun. And you’re going to drown. Watch your six, kid.” the man then grabbed Sehun’s wrist and twisted it, nearly breaking it and kicking just above his knee. Sehun knelt and the man kept a tight hold on him as he called for his lightsaber. He then kicked Sehun in the face and walked away, chuckling. Sehun wiped his lip and watched the man leave. He stood and followed him, his limp hindering his speed.

When he got out, he saw that his motorcycle had been keyed, but it looked fully functional. Sehun grunted in displeasure and got on, deciding to go home and rest before finding out more.

The first few chapters are going to be a bit slow, probably, but bear with me. Also it's very loosely based on the MV so, there's that.