Reviewing Your Assets - pt. 2

『 우유 : : MILK 』

"Earth to Minwoo" Junjin said waving his hand in front of my face.

I quickly snapped out of my daydream. Turns out I was staring at Eric this whole time.

"Oh... Haha." I awkwardly laughed, turning my attention away from Eric.

Both of them seemed to brush off my prolonged staring, and the 3 of us continued to wait for the others to arrive.

"Yo, yo, yo!" Hyesung swaggered in with coffee in hand.

"Kick starting your hip-hop career?" Junjin snickered.

"That's no way to talk to your mother Jinnie." Hyesung replied, taking his seat next to Junjin.

He removed his sunglasses and gently swept his hair away from his eyes.

Hyesung gets prettier and prettier each time I see him...

I thought Hyesung-oppa didn't like it when people called him pretty?

I thought that you weren't going to listen to me anymore?

I'm sorry, Minwoo-oppa. ㅠㅠ

 

"What's up with him?" Hyesung inquired, gesturing towards Eric.

Eric childishly huffed and turned away from him.

"You know." Eric declared, still turned away.

Hyesung rolled his eyes.

"You know." Eric repeated.

"No, Eric I don't know. I'm not a mind reader." Hyesung sighed.

Eric turned to him seeming quite irritated.

"You know exactly what you did, Jung. Pil. Kyo." Eric said firmly, waggling his finger at Hyesung.

"Woah, was is really necessary to call me by that?" Hyesung now also irritated.

"That's your name isn't it?" Eric snapped.

"What's the matter with you!?" Hyesung hissed, taking a sip of his coffee.

"You're a big meanie Pilkyo, why didn't you reply to me?" Eric finally explained.

Hyesung spat out his coffee onto the table, he couldn't believe what Eric just said.

"This is what you're all riled up about? Me not replying to a few messages? Are you serious?" Hyesung replied, trying to mop up the coffee with a tissue.

"Yes." Eric answered.

I don't know what universe Eric lives in, but this was so entertaining to watch. Eric and Hyesung's quarrels were always entertaining. Junjin was unable to keep a straight face and began laughing at the situation.

"I thought you died." Eric claimed, trying to get at least a little sympathy from Hyesung.

Hyesung tried to contain his laughter, unable to piece together what Eric was telling him.

"I don't reply to a few messages and suddenly I'm dead? I have a life you know. I can't sit and message you all day. I have better things to do with my time." Hyesung responded.

"A few messages? Just a few messages? I sent you over 10 messages and you replied to exactly zero of them." Eric again riling himself up.

"You're obsessed with me and that is not my problem." Hyesung retorted.

Eric froze.

"Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to go to the bathroom." Hyesung announced, before leaving the room.

Eric still frozen, staring off into the distance. Hyesung must of struck a cord. Me and Junjin silently debated whether or not to talk to him. We came to the conclusion that it was probably best to leave him be.

Poor Eric-oppa. ㅠㅠ

Don't feel sorry for him princess. He does this to himself.

But... Hyesung-oppa went too far...

Hush princess, it's not worth getting invested in their quarrels. You will only get hurt.

 

Eric also ended up leaving the room, leaving me and Junjin alone.

"So what have you been up to?" I asked Junjin, trying to break the silence.

I didn't care much for his reply, I just wanted to hear him speak. Something about the sound of his voice was nice to me. I didn't need him to talk about anything specific, I just really loved to hear him talk.

Minwoo-oppa be careful not to stare at him for too long...

While he was talking I couldn't help the staring, it was like he had me in a trance.

Minwoo-oppa why are you ignoring me? I already know how this is ending... Minwoo-oppa please, you're going to scare the other members away.

He was tall, quite sporty and active, he had quite the competitive streak in him too. Of course he was handsome as well, that was something you couldn't deny. As I mentioned before, his deep voice was something I particularly enjoyed. It seemed to have quite a soothing effect on people, at least that's how it makes me feel.

Despite the manly aura he has pinned to him, Jinnie deep down was quite child-like. But, his child-like nature was much purer than how I saw Eric to be. He has an air of innocence, and at times can be quite naive. In my mind, "Junjin" and "Choongjae" were almost like separate people. You could think of him like an onion. He's layered, deeply layered. At his core he's quite fragile. He has so many sides to him that many never get to see. I would hate to wrong him in any way, and I curse the people who have.

Minwoo-oppa I didn't know you thought so deeply about things like that...

Oh, dear princess, my members are all so very important to me. We've spent years with each other. How cruel would I have to be to not take into account each of their individual personalities? It's sad that you think I could be so shallow and superficial.

 

"Where did Eric go?" Hyesung said, after returning from the bathroom.

"I don't know, he just got up and left." Junjin shrugged.

"I think you might have been a little harsh." I added.

"Harsh? He's obsessed and can't admit it." Hyesung scoffed.

"But still, you know how he feels." I reasoned.

"Maybe I could've handled it better, but that doesn't matter now, it's too late to change what I said." Hyesung sighed.

Eric returned a few minutes later.

"Where did you go?" Hyesung asked.

"For a smoke, I needed some fresh air." Eric replied.

How smoke and fresh air could be in the same sentence I don't know. But, Eric's logic is not to be questioned.

"Feeling any better?" I wanted to be careful with my words, in order to comfort him.

Eric nodded.

"I'm sorry." Eric proclaimed.

Hyesung breathed a sigh of relief.

"Well..." Eric said expectantly.

"Well?" Hyesung questioned.

"Aren't you going to apologise?" Eric asked.

"Oh. Um, I'm sorry..." Hyesung responded.

Though it seemed like a hollow apology Eric seemed to except it.

 

Dongwan and Andy walked in, taking their respective seats.

"You're late." Eric stated.

"Yeah well, just get this thing started." Dongwan said.

Eric cleared his throat and shuffled the papers in front of him.

"Who spilt their drink?" Andy uttered.

"Huh?" Eric replied.

"The floor's wet." Andy responded.

"Me." Hyesung spoke up.

"What happened?" Dongwan asked.

"Nothing." Eric rushed to say, not wanting the others to know about him and Hyesung's little spat.

"Hyesung-hyung and Eric-hyung were arguing." Junjin interjected.

"Jinnie shut up." Hyesung hissed.

"What? I'm just telling them the truth." Junjin remarked.

"Arguing? About what?" Andy inquired.

"Nothing." Eric said firmly.

"They were arguing over..." Hyesung gagged Junjin before he could say anything else.

"What was that for?" Junjin groaned.

"I told you to shut up." Hyesung replied.

Junjin rolled his eyes.

"Anyway... Let's get started. Shall we?" Eric said, starting the meeting officially.

As expected the meeting was in fact a massive waste of time. With no clear reason as to why Eric needed to gather us all here. It only seemed like he wanted to confront Hyesung, but decided to string the rest of us along.

During what seemed like a lecture about proper communication, clearly directed at Hyesung, Eric's phone rang.

"I need to take this." Eric proclaimed, before leaving the room.

 

The rest of us decided to catch up with each other, turns out Hyesung didn't have better things to do. But, that's just my observation. I mean, how interesting can cleaning your bathroom be? I won't judge.

You kind of did judge him though...

Princess, it's not a judgement. It's a fact. Cleaning toilets is not fun or interesting. Unless Hyesung wants to pleasure himself to the sound of running water.

Coming from the person who bought cow costumes...

Stop mentioning those damn cow costumes, they have a purpose. I need them, he doesn't need to carelessly waste water for his own pleasure.

You're the one wasting water using those udders Oppa. Why are you making Hyesung-oppa out to be the ert?

Oh princess, I have said too much. Forget I said anything. Hyesung is an innocent angel who wouldn't even think of doing such activities. Or so he wants everyone to think. I mean...

Minwoo-oppa please, stop trying to ruin the other member's images. We all know the real ert is you.

How dare you accuse me like that. You don't know the purpose of those costumes.

It's the middle of spring, unless Halloween has come early this year, you seem like a ert to me. Those costumes even have a flap where your...

PRINCESS NO! THOSE FLAPS ARE THERE SO YOU CAN RELIVE YOURSELF WITHOUT TAKING THE WHOLE COSTUME OFF!

Why are you getting so defensive Oppa? It seems like you have something to hide.

I have nothing to hide, let's move on.

 

Dongwan talked about trips he wanted to go on and other things I didn't want to pay attention to. It was hard to take my eyes off him though, I pretended to be engaged, nodding along with the occasional "Oh." and "Sounds interesting." 

He really shined when talking about things he was passionate about. His eyes sparkled and he would smile so brightly. His little laughs when he thought his plans were a bit ridiculous... Seeing him smile gave me a shot of energy, he was so cute when he smiled.

Oh my God, Minwoo-oppa. You like Dongwan-oppa?!

Of course, we are band mates after all. Why would I not like him?

That's not what I meant...

The topic then shifted to Eric. With Hyesung explaining how much of a weirdo Eric really was, again accusing Eric of being obsessed with him. Like Dongwan, I tuned out his words and admired him as he spoke, he has such gentle features. I couldn't help but stare. Well, that was until I saw Junjin from the corner of my eyes looking at me. 

Embarrassed I turned away, hoping Hyesung didn't notice. Junjin smirking, knowing he had caught me. 

"You're awfully quiet today." Hyesung stated.

"Me?" Before I could even finish Junjin butted in. "Minwoo-hyung has been busy in la la land. He keeps staring at people."

Eric returned and took his seat. 

"Now where was I?" He said. "Oh right, Hyesung. Please don't ignore me." 

We all groaned. 

"Moving on." He continued. "Does anyone have anything they would like to add?"

The room fell silent. 

"Are we done here?" Andy spoke up.

"I mean, I guess." Eric replied, I don't even know if he knew himself.

"So we can go?" Dongwan questioned, ready to leave.

"Sure..." Eric shrugged, Dongwan bolting out the door.

The remaining 5 of us lingered a little longer, talking amongst ourselves.

"Why don't we go get some drinks, maybe something to eat too?" Junjin suggested.

"Sure, why not." Hyesung replied.

Me, Eric and Andy nodded in agreement.

"Great, I need to make a call first. Get yourselves ready so we can go." Junjin announced, before stepping out to make his call.

The 4 of us got ourselves ready to leave, making sure to clear up any mess we made in the meeting room.

A few drinks shouldn't hurt.


☆ Happy 19th anniversary Shinhwa! 

Anyway, here is part 2, it's a little long but I hope you guys enjoy it anyway~! ^^
I didn't think I would put so much effort in a fic that I deemed as "crack", but here I am lmao.


I kind of got a little carried away with Minwoo's Junjin insight... 
He'll give his insight on Andy too soon, I didn't forget about him don't worry.

Sorry that this chapter is quite dialouge heavy... ><