Coffee

A Million Goodbyes

Over the years, you had developed a habit of stopping by the coffee shop before and after classes, either to help out or to do your homework. After Jungkook and Jihye’s initial stop by, you couldn’t help but glance towards the door every once in awhile. You started to stay near the registers more often than the kitchen. Even to finish the loads of homework you had, the plush cushions in the corner of the store had become your desk and to see Jungkook’s face had become your morale. Even so, after a long 2 weeks, it seemed that Jihye was his morale to come just that one time. Your heart broke a little bit, but over the course of the last week before exams, you tried your very hardest to rid yourself of the feeling of expectancy. On the Friday before exams, you had forgotten all about Jungkook and his handsome little self.

 

A couple minutes after closing, your boss quickly ran out into the chilly winter air, claiming her son was in the hospital. Of course, you offered to clean the shop and lock the doors. Finishing the kitchen and the back, you made your way to the curtains. You reached up to pull them down, but as tall as you were you couldn’t seem to reach the string. Even standing on a chair, you couldn’t reach it, but you were close. You decided jumping a little would help. The mass of cloth tumbled down and the dust flew into your face. You leaned back a little too much and lose your balance You closed your eyes and let out a little scream before falling back.

 

Instead of the hard wood you were expecting to land on, a pair of strong arms prevented you from making painful contact with the ground. Opening your eyes, you realized it was Jungkook. He was staring up at you with his beautiful brown eyes and for a minute, neither of you moved. You quickly came you your senses and pushed yourself off of him. “Jungkook...” you say as you try your best to hide your embarrassment even though you can already begin to feel you face heating up. “Thank you for saving me.”

“Always.” he smiled.

You scramble around trying to put your words together, “What are you doing here? Would you like something to drink?” Rubbing his hands together he nods and asks, “Can you get me something warm to drink? I’m freezing,” he stated, not bothered by the fact that it was after closing hours.

“Of course. I’ll go make you some coffee.” Whilst you were making his coffee, you tried to figure out why in the world he would come to a coffee shop--a closed one, at that--at 10:30 pm. Little did you know, Jeon Jungkook, who was sitting at the counter was thinking the exact same thing.

 

You walked back out with two coffees and place them on the counter. “So why did you decide to come here?” Jungkook took his coffee in his frozen hands and thought hard before chuckling a little.

 

“I don’t really know,” he pauses, “I know we’ve only met once before but I really love being around you. So, I just came to see how you’re doing. Also, I came to make sure you didn’t tell anyone your friend’s brother is Jeon Jungkook because that would completely ruin my reputation.”

 

He said it in one breath and you feigned hurt. “What? Knowing me would ruin your reputation? Also, you came to see me? Why does nothing make sense right now?” you rubbed your forehead. “I need to get more sleep.”

 

Jungkook quickly backtracked. “No, no, no. That’s not what I meant! It’s because… well, I’m not sure how you’ll take this, but I’m an idol and I need to keep my record clean of scandals.” You looked at him wide-eyed.

 

“You’re an idol?”

 

Your conversation carried on for hours and before you knew it, it was already 1 in the morning. Jungkook noticed you cover yet another yawn and he smiled. “Let’s get you home, Rina.” He helped you clean up the cups and then grabbed the keys to lock the doors. Outside the small shop, he took you hand and smiled his killer-smile at you again.

 

“You don’t have to walk me. I can go alone,” you said when he asked for directions to your house.

 

“What kind of guy would let a girl walk the streets of Seoul by herself at 1 in the morning?” he asked. “Besides, I did come to see you, didn’t I? I might as well see you until the end.”

 

You laughed nervously. “What is that supposed to mean?”

 

He chuckled. “Is it too early? Rina, I know we barely know each other, but I feel like I’ve known you for ages. It just feels right being with you.”  You hesitate, not sure what to say. This had never happened to you before, but somehow, you knew what the answer was.

 

 

“Me, too. I feel like that, too.”


 


It’s so painful. Thinking about him. I see him everywhere. Everything beautiful reminds me of him. It should have been me. Please come back to me. Hello? Can you hear me? Because I feel you everywhere. From the small whispers to the touch of the wind, you will always be a piece of me.

 


 

Yay! First chapter is up! Hope you guys enjoyed it! Everything seems all rainbows and ponies, but knowing life, what could happen?? jk no spoilers But do stick around (subscribe <3) to find out more!