..2..

Fragile

A crowd of guys were huddled together. It was that jerk again but what broke my heart was the other guys. They were my classmates the ones who I called friends and there were girls there too. Their faces displayed disgust. My heart quickened as I neared. “Look how weak you are”  “Look he doesn’t even have any abs” “He’s so pale I want to colour it up” “Is he even a man with those legs” the group giggled as they threw insults and with each word a kick or a punch can be heard. It fitted the description of Yoongi. I couldn’t believe it. “What a coward. Trying to cut yourself? Well if you wanted scars why don’t you ask us to give you some” their leader smirked as he lifted Yoongi by the collar. “Shut up!” I shouted and punched him in the face and he dropped Yoongi on the floor. The others backed away shocked. The leader laughed rubbing his jaw. “What the hell are you doing here Chae”

“Don’t touch him” I threatened standing in front of Yoongi. “Chae he was about to cut himself I was just trying to help him” he threw his hands defensively. “Yeah why are you defending this wuss” a girl shouted and the others shouted in agreement. My breathing quickened when I saw it was my friend. It was strange to hear her bad mouthing anyone. What did Yoongi do to deserve this.

“Look at him” the leader pulled my arm roughly turning me to face Yoongi who was still lying on the ground. Yoongi eyes casted down. His flawless face was smeared with red and brown, blood dripped down his mouth and his arms trembled as he tried to left himself off the ground.  And to my amazement there were no tears in his eyes unless the rain was covering that up. “He’s poor, dumb, weak and so pathetic why waste time on him?” the leader spat. “Yeah Chae you’re just wasting your time and money with this trash” a friend of mine said and she wrapped her hands gently on shoulder. “There’s better people you can hang out with” she smiled sweetly which now I can finally see the ugliness in it. Well she’s no friend of mine anymore. My tears were running uncontrollably as my eyes locked at the poor figure below me. Yoongi noticed my gaze and gave a small smile. “Go” he mouthed the word and they gently lead me away.

 “I….I ain’t your friend don’t touch me” I shoved her away not caring that it was a harsh shove. “Hey” one of the guys grabbed my arm squeezing it tightly but there was no fear inside me. Only anger was pouring out and the pain from my arm only fuelled it more.  

“Don…don’t touch her” Yoongi grunted as he stood up and staggered towards me. I pulled my arm back and caught him in my arms as he fell breathing heavily. “Don’t you dare hurt her” he growled even though his body was weak his voice was strong and his eyes darkened. I took my phone out showing the picture I took of them. “Leave now or I’ll hand this in and serious consequences will come with this” I threatened. “Chaerul” one of the girls approached me” ”Go to hell” I spat. The leader backed away and soon the whole group followed him. The girl who I shoved away glared at me and pulled my hair and pushed me to the ground but Yoongi managed to catch me before crashing to the grounf. "You'll regret this" she hissed before walking away.

It hurts a lot but I kept it in biting my lip. Yoongi suffered more than this. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry” he finally cried. Lying on his back his arm covered his eyes. He kept apologising and coughing. I hugged his thin waist trying to soothe him. I felt the warm liquid soaking me he was in critical condition. I never knew his attackers were more than that group it was pretty much the whole school and I was naïve. No wonder why he avoided everyone. I guess they were right I was too nice to notice their masks. But why did they hate him. Am I missing something?

 “Stop apologising. It’s my fault. I didn’t know. I didn’t know that Kym, Hyeri…I’m sorry” my voice broke. I was suppose to be strong for him but instead he was comforting me hugging me tighter. “You didn’t do anything. It’s not your fault” he whispered as he slowly sat up letting me rest my head on his shoulder. That’s right I didn’t do anything this is why this happened.

“Let’s get you to the hospital” “No. the bills” “Look at you. Your health is more a concern than money. You’re badly injured” I stood up trying to lift him up. “These will heal don’t worry” Yoongi sighed on the ground refusing to get up. “It will get better Chae” he muttered. He needed to be treated now but knowing him he wouldn’t move so I had to give up. “Fine but let me treat your wounds” “At my place” Yoongi replied back quickly. I sighed and nodded. “Fine” I mumbled and Yoongi shot his hand out so I could pull him up.

As we slowly made our way through the rain, his breathing became heavier. His arm which were hanging around my neck felt heavier and I struggled dragging him. He was suffocating physically and mentally. I could feel like he gave up faith in humanity. He acted emotionless like he was dead. He was someone that could be forgotten easily, someone whose thoughts didn’t matter. He had no meaning for his existence except being the punch bag for people to vent anger on. But it was the opposite to me and today he came from being my friend to the most important and probably the only person I have and someone I needed to fix. I was his flicker of hope but I knew from today I was a small one. I was not bigger enough to lighten his spirit. My eyes turned watery. How useless was I?

 

A/N 

Sorry for not updating in a long while, my writing is so bad I kept re editing and still it lacks a lot I know butr anyways... huge thanks to you guys that subscribed!! Hope to see some comments soon. ^^