The First Date

Unacceptable Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Aeri ! wake up now before I go there and drag your body down here !”, Aeri’s mother raised her voice enough to reach behind the closed door and under the blanket. Aeri groaned as she lazily dragged herself out of the blanket and forcefully walked to the bathroom.

The cold morning was a killer! It’s not even winter yet the bathroom floor sent chills down Aeri’s spine. She shivered a little while walking towards the sink. Meeting the person in the mirror, staring back at her made her mind wandered off. The sudden furious knocking on the door snapped her.

“What the hell are you doing in there? Sleeping?”

“I’m washing, mum!”, Aeri rolled her eyes as she reached out for a blue toothbrush in a glass on the sink.

“You better do, young lady. Or else I’m gonna wash you myself!”

The last sentence from the old lady made Aeri chuckled. She shook her head lightly and began brushing her inner mouth. After she finished washing, Aeri stepped out of the bathroom and walked downstairs towards the delicious scent of morning toast and hot chocolate.

“Morning, dad!”, she kissed her father’s cheek as she made her way to the chair beside her father. “Ummmmmm~ I love how my morning smell!”. The old man could only smile towards his daughter. The gal took a big bite on the toast served in front of her.

“What’s your plan today, dad?”

The old man looked up to face his daughter’s face, “I have a meeting this evening. What are you going to do today?”

Aeri had already filled with another piece of toast when she stared up, thinking what she should do that day. She sighed and shook her head lightly, “I don’t know. Lazing up in my room, I guess”.

Her hands was about to grab another piece of the toasted bread when her mother slapped her hands from behind of her. Aeri groaned and pouted towards the old lady. Her mother put down another plate with a dozen of toasts as she took a seat opposite of Aeri.

“You’re not going to be lazing up in your room. You have a date today”

Aeri’s eyes widened and the only person came on her mind was the tall and annoying jerk she met the other day. All she ever hoped for that moment which was her instinct was wrong had definitely betrayed her. “D-date? Who?”

Her mother stared down at her daughter as a small chuckle left and she shook her head lightly, “Chanyeol of course. I told him, he can pick you up at 2 today.”

Aeri glanced to the clock hung above the kitchen counter that showed its short hand at one and the other hand on the number six. Her eyes widened as her mother only said to her about it now and she only had half an hour. “MUM! Why didn’t you say anything to me before about this? What if I had other plans?”, Aeri groaned as she leaned back to her chair with a pout on her face.

Her mother glanced over to her as she was pouring the drinks in her father’s cup, “Well, do you have any other plan for today?”

Aeri was stunned as she knew she had lost the argument. She shook her head slowly and her mum nodded agreeing. She left the dining table with heavy steps and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter