Better? Or Worse?

Unacceptable Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you know each other?”, a hoarse voice came breaking the sudden silence in that huge room. Aeri snapped herself back, not sure how to answer the question. She didn’t want to lie to the fact that they kind of talked with each other this morning, the memory was still fresh playing in her mind. The stare made Aeri stared down to Chanyeol who had looked away and shut close his mouth.

“Um. We..”

“No. We don’t know each other.”, Aeri snapped as the voice interrupted her and made her words stuck in . She looked to the direction every pair of eyes were looking and stared blankly. Chanyeol was staring at her with a frowned face, signing ‘shut your mouth’. Aeri suddenly felt humiliated and out of place. Reason? None really. Maybe her mood swing took over and she obviously hated it as tears started to form from the edge of her eyes. She turned away, not wanting to face Chanyeol anymore. The dinner was more like for the old folks to know each other. Aeri and Chanyeol basically came for nothing. They had seafood base meal for dinner which was hopeless for Aeri as she couldn’t eat seafood because of her severe allergic.

“Please excuse me for a while..”, Aeri interrupted in between of the conversation and bowed slightly before heading out of the room. She took a deep breath as she walked on the corridor. At last, she escaped the suffocating situation and could breathe again. A sign caught her attention and made her smile to her ears.

“Outdoor garden!”

Aeri jogged lightly towards the transparent door, revealing neat and breath-taking decorated garden with the view of half of the city and stars shining in the sky as if they were the lights in a dim lighted room. A place suits Aeri most, a place where she could be alone and still feel like she was not. Aeri pushed the door and stepped outside. The friendly night breeze greeted her as if they welcomed her presence. Aeri stopped and stared up the sky.

“Wow..so many stars tonight..”, she bent down and took off her heels before walking towards the nearest bench.

“What are you doing here?”

A voice made Aeri startled and almost made her fell off the bench. She looked around and she could see Chanyeol standing just a step away from the bench she was sitting. The night suddenly felt awkward and she looked away, focusing on the view of the lights bathing the night streets that seemed so small from her point of view, totally ignoring Chanyeol’s question and the presence himself.

“Scoot over..”, Chanyeol walked to stand in front of the bench and gestured his hands to Aeri for making some space for him. Not looking at the guy towering in front of her, she scooted over till the end of the bench. Making the most space between her and the guy. Chanyeol plopped down beside of her as soon as she moved and crossed his arms and legs.

“The dinner was boring as ..”, still no respond from the girl next to him.

“I didn’t know they have outdoor garden..”, still silent. Chanyeol gazed towards Aeri’s direction and found her sitting with her back facing him.

“Are you sick?”, no reply and this time the silence made Chanyeol explode in annoyance. “Yah! Are you deaf or what?!”

 

Aeri couldn’t care less towards his insult nor his words. The only words f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter