New Times, Same Cracks

Don't Fall Apart
Please log in to read the full chapter

       When Hyuna felt Junhyung hold her hand, she turned to stare at him and ask what was going on. She noticed he wasn't looking at her, but he was also not paying attention to the stage. She followed the oldest's eyes and she finally realized why he asked her out so suddenly after so much time. She swallowed the knot that formed in and fought against the tears in her eyes. She slowly pulled her hand away from Junhyung, he didn't even notice. And she turned to look ahead, even though she wasn't enjoying the show anymore.

 

~*~*~

 

      "How about getting some food, Hyuna-ah?" The show was finally over and the two of them walked out, side by side.

      "I don't think so, oppa" She answered with her head low, the only thing she wanted right now was to go back home "I'm a little tired. Can we go home?"

      Junhyung couldn't understand her. She said she was looking forward to it, so why the sudden change of heart? Now, he noticed the girl’s posture, head down and shoulders hunched. She seemed really tired, maybe it would be better if they returned. He looked at the entrance of the restaurant and saw Hara looking for a table. He stares back at Hyuna and sighed. He used her too much already for one night.

      The silence of the trip was troubling him, usually Hyuna, even when exhausted, always talked like there was no tomorrow. He was worried, why was she like this?

      "Do you know what the concept of your next MV is?" He asked trying to break the tense atmosphere.

      "We're going to keep with night clubs" Her tone was monotonous and she didn't even looked at him.

      "Do you know what you're going to do with your hair?" He knew he was being idiot, but he didn't know how else to talk to her. It's been a long time since they were close.

      "Black. Get the bangs right"

      The rest of the trip kept with an even heavier silence. Junhyung was getting more uncomfortable by the second. He would be lying if he said he didn't miss the friendship they once had, but backing away was a choice of his. He asked for this, so he didn't have the right to complain. Now, after all that, he wanted to have that back.

      "Oppa" Hyuna called him as soon as he parked in front of the girls’ dorm. He noticed her voice cracked and that made his chest tightening. Nobody could ever stand to see Hyuna crying. He looked at her and expected her to talk, when she did raised her head to stare at him back, the oldest saw the tears that came down alongside with the red eyes. "Did you call me to the show only to show yourself to Hara-unni?"

      The question really caught him off guard, he had no idea she realized. The shattered girl in front of him made him feel like he was the worst. He had done so many bad things to her, and now this was just another. He needed to say something, he needed to try to explain.

      "Hyuna-ah..."

      "No!" She interrupted him. Hyuna was naive, but she wasn't stupid. She wasn't going to let him explain. She really felt like an idiot for believing him in the first place. "Don't come up with excuses" She was angry, really angry, and that was something he never thought he would see.

      "Please, let me..."

     "Shut up!" She was yelling now, which was unusual. That scared him a little. She was being manipulated too much to let him say anything. "I really thought you wanted us to get closer, I wanted to be your friend again, and I wanted to be like we were before. Tell me; is there something wrong with me for you to think that I would be available for this? For you to show me off to make your ex jealous? Really? Who do you think I am? I thought that you, at the very least, would respect me as a person, since I'm not good enough to be your friend. I am really stupid, running after you after all that you said to me! If you didn't want me around, then at least have the conscience that I am a person that doesn't deserve to be used as a tool!" Her voice cracked and the last word almost came out like a whisper. The tears couldn't be contained, her makeup was all blurred.

      Junhyung didn't know what to say, the vision of the broken girl before him made him realize how low he got. He raised one of his hands to touch her face, but she slapped it away.

      "Let's pretend that none of this happened, okay?" She said, drying her tears with her hands. "Just go back to ignoring me, like you've been doing this past two years and let's forget all about this. And please, only talk to me again if is absolutely necessary. "

Please log in to read the full chapter