Old Times, Old Wounds

Don't Fall Apart
Please log in to read the full chapter

     "Hyuna-ah!" He called, running to catch her before she stepped out the Cube Ent's building.

     "Oh, Junhyung-oppa!" The girl answered surprised. It's been a while, months actually, that the two of them didn't talk properly.

     "How are you doing?" He asked, taking his breath after the run. He was exhausted, but after seven hours of practice, who wouldn't be? "It's been a long time since we last talked, right?"

     "It's true. We've all been really busy with our comebacks" Hyuna answered a little embarrassed. As much as they were very close in the past, it's weird to talk to someone you've kept your distance.

     "I was thinking... There's this show that's going to happen Saturday... I ended up winning two tickets and... I wanted to know..." Junhyung looked away for a couple of seconds, closed his eyes and took a deep breath. It was hard for him too, to talk to her after so much time, especially after the things he said to her. When he turned his eyes to Hyuna, she stared at him with a confused expression. "I wanted to know if you had some time to go to this show with me"

     "Oh..." Hyuna stopped for some time to absorb what he had said. The doubt grew in her mind, should she really go? Even after those words, should she go? Maybe he just wanted to make things right, make everything the way they used to before, even though she believed it wasn't possible anymore... At least, she liked to try.  "Okay. I'll clear my schedule Saturday night" She smiled sincerely.

     "O-okay" He stuttered, her smile catching him by surprise. He had forgot how beautiful her smile really was. "I'll catch you up by eight, then"

     "Okay. Now I have to go, oppa. Until Saturday" She said and walked fast towards the car that her group was.

     Watching her step away, sincerely glad for the invite... That made Junhyung start to regret his decision. It wasn't right doing this to her, but now it was too late to give up. With a sigh, he came back inside the building, ignoring the questioning eyes of Dongwoon and Hyunseung.

 

~*~*~

 

     Hyuna stepped into the car, thoughtful. She was glad for the invitation, but there was still something about it that was bothering her.

     "Unni, is everything okay?" Sohyun was the first one to ask.

     "Oh. It's nothing, Sohyun-ah, I'm just a bit tired"

     "Don't lie, we know you very well. Come on, tell us!" This time was Gayoon's time to demand an explanation.

     With a sigh Hyuna answered. "Junhyung-oppa called me to go to a show with him this Saturday"

     "Wait, what?" Jihyun felt hesitation on the younger's words.

     "Maybe he's just trying to go back to old times" Jiyoon said, not really believing in her words.

     "Maybe so, unni, but there is still something about it that's bothering me" Hyuna confessed.

     "Well, you can't deny that is really odd. It's been less than a month since he broke up with Hara and he's already asking some other girl to hang out? Maybe his intention isn't romantic or anything, but even so... Especially after..."

      "Let's stop right there, Gayoon" Jihyun said, firmly. "Hyuna-ah, do you wanna go with him?"

     "Yes, of course I do. I miss the old times, but it's a little weird to go back to talk to him after so long"

     "Then, enjoy the date, unni. At least you'll get to have fun, i

Please log in to read the full chapter