Chapter 1

Can it be me this time?

­It hurts. It hurts me seeing you crumble down every time he rejects you but it hurts me even more when you still fake a smile to cover the pain you’re feeling. I want you to stop, to wake you up from your fantasy and shake some senses in you that he can’t love you back. But what can I do? You’re in love. Love can make every sane person do crazy things for love. So how can I argue if I’m doing the same thing? Yes, I’m in love with you. I’m in love with my best friend and that’s what makes confessing harder. I can’t afford losing you so even if I can’t have you for myself, if the only way to stay with you forever is being your best friend, then I’m okay with it. As long as I’m by you side, its okay. - Kim Taehyung

 

 

 

I look at you, looking at him. When will be the time that you could also look at me like how you look at him? Will that time come? I quickly averted my gaze when you turned to me.

“Hey Taehyung, I think I’m in love” You told me with your eyes forming little crescents. I really love your eyes. The way it disappears when you smile. I felt happiness when I look into your eyes but the words that came out in your mouth send pain in my heart. I didn’t want you to see it. I can’t let you see it. So I faked a look of shock and ask “Really?”

“Yes! The first time I laid my eyes on him, he already captivated my heart. Will you help me out?” You seemed so excited that I can’t say no. After all, all I want for you is to be happy, and if this makes you happy so be it. Though in exchange for your happiness is for me to suffer misery. So I smiled at you and nodded, “Sure”

“I knew I could count on you Taehyung! After all, you’re my best friend!” You engulfed me with your bear hug and I hug you back. Yes Jimin, I’m only your best friend, nothing more, nothing less and it hurts me.

 

 

After weeks of stalking, we learned that Jungkook, the one who captivated your heart, is the younger brother of Suga.

“He’s the brother of Suga? The Suga, who has a crush on you since God-knows-when, is Jungkook’s brother?” You’re practically screaming in front of me, disbelief is written all over your face. I can’t believe it,too. The world must really be small.

“Can you help me with this, Taehyungah? After all, he likes you and I think he is willing to help us out.” You looked at me with your hopeful eyes; now tell me, how could I refuse?

 

 

So the next day, I approach  Suga.

“Are you free this Saturday?”

Suga turned around and was shocked to see Taehyung in front of him. He looks behind him to make sure Taehyung was talking to him and not to somebody else.

“Uhm. Are you talking to me?” He asked, still not believing his eyes.

“Of course, I’m here to ask you to go out with me. And please bring your brother, I’m bringing someone too.” I told him directly. Suga, still shocked by the sudden invitation, only nods in agreement.

And so the date is settled.

 

 

“I didn’t tell you to date him. I just asked you to set me a date up with Jungkook” You blurted out when I told you about the date this coming Saturday.

“Why can’t I date him?” I asked you, hoping you’ll tell me you’re jealous and that you love me just as how much I love you. But then I realize that I’m so stupid for thinking such a thing. You love Jungkook, not me.

“You can’t date a person if you don’t like him. Wait—do you like him?” No, I like you, no, scratch that, I love oyu. I wanted to tell you that but I stop myself.

“Maybe and I can’t let you be dating all alone while I’m here being single you know.” I reasoned out. You smiled to me and nodded. “We’ll be having a very good time this Saturday! I’m really lucky to have you as my best friend Taehyungah~” You hang your arms around my neck and I settled my hands around your waist. “Yeah.” We walk home that afternoon in that positon.

 

 

That night, while I was lying on my bed, I think about my feelings for you. If only I wasn’t your best friend, is there any chance for you to like me, too? If only I didn’t like you, should I be happy with somebody else? I can’t imagine myself with somebody else. I’m perfectly fitted to be with you.

But I’m afraid that I’m the only one who thinks that way so I asked Suga out. So that when things go perfectly between you and Jungkook, I can’t be left alone. And I think, if I can’t erase my feeling for you, if I can’t unlove you, I’ll just love somebody else more than the feelings I have invested for you. And with these thoughts in mind, I fell asleep.

 

-------------

So lame, I'm sorry :(