"So, do you have a habit of that?"

Real or Fiction
Chapter 3
 
Jongin couldn't believe how nonchalant Kyungsoo was about the whole thing. He was relieved, in a way, but also expected to have to put up more of a fight (hence he was sitting on the other male's legs). Jongin contemplated for a second, and then hesitantly made a decision. He swiftly got up from Kyungsoo's legs, looked down, made sure he wasn't going to run away, and then sat back down to speak.
 
"I'm going to interview you for a project I have for school. Don't worry I can use an anonymous name if you'd like. But first..."Jongin looked down at the other man, "let's get you some clothes."
 
"Are you sure? Really, I'm quite fine like this, " Kyungsoo replied, still smirking, yet less evil this time, and more considerate.
 
"Yeah...It's just more..." Jongin stumbled, but was interrupted by Kyungsoo's lips on his, a short peck.
 
"Do you have a habit of doing that?" Jongin asked.
 
"No, but I kinda thought you did." Kyungsoo replied.
 
"I will get you something to wear." 
 
"Ok." Was all Kyungsoo said to that.
 
Jongin came back and helped Kyungsoo dress (just putting his shirt on because his arm was still sore). Kyungsoo was then wearing one of Jongin's  t shirts, and a pair of his sweatpants, both to big on him. Jongin couldn't help but smile at the sight in front of him. 
 
Kyungsoo snapped Jongin out of his slight trance, "So, what is it you wanted to ask me?"
 
Just as Jongin began to open his mouth the door opened, revealing Jongin's roommate and friend, Baekhyun. Jongin, slightly irritated at his friend's timing, snapped his head around.
 
"Whoa, calm down Jonginnie. It's just me, but..." Baekhyun tilted his head to get a better look into the living room, "who is your guest?"
 
"Baekhyun," Jongin said, still slightly annoyed, but with less fire because this was Baekhyun after all, and nobody could stay mad at Baekyun for long. "This is Kyungsoo, and don't call me Jonginnie."
 
Baekhyun put his hands in the air as if surrendering, and said, "Fine.." He began to look again and said, "Good job Jongin, your friend's kinda hot," while nodding his head in approval.
 
Jongin's cheeks turned colors after that ,"Ya! Baekyun!" He then swatted the magazine on the coffee table at him.
 
Baekhyun gleefully ran into his room, "Somebody's been watching too many dramas!"
 
Jongin turned back to Kyungsoo, "I'm really sorry about my friend."
 
"It's ok, I like him."
 
Then a look spread on Jongin's face, Kyungsoo couldn't quite make it out, but it seemed like jealousy, but he could've been wrong. 'Don't worry, I still like you more' Kyungsoo thought.
 
"So, do you streak often?"
 
Kyungsoo smiled humbly at the question. "No, that was my first time."
 
The man then seemed slightly more normal after that, Jongin then grabbed his notepad and prepared to write down an interesting story.
"So, why did you decide to?" He asked.
 
"Simple, I'm writing a book."
 
Jongin's eyes widened, "So why does that require you to run down the street ?"
 
"I call it method writing. It's like method acting, where the actor puts himself into the real situation of his character to understand him more. I act out what my characters do and live their lives for a while. It's a lot like 'Walden' by Thoraeu if you think about it."
 
"What books have you written so far?"
 
"You see, I can't exactly tell you. I'm anonymous as an author."
 
"Hmmm, interesting." 
 
Just then the doorbell rang and Jongin got up to answer it. It was the police.
 
"Hello officer, what can I do for you?" Jongin asked.
 
"It was reported that a man was streaking in a nearby neighborhood, we've been questioning people who might've been around the area all day to find out if they know anything."
 
At this Jongin looked back toward Kyungsoo, who had grabbed a pen and paper and was staring intently, as if waiting to see what would happen and record it. He looked Jongin in the eyes and gave him a questioning look, not afraid of the outcome of Jongin's answer, more just anticipating it. As if Kyungsoo's whole life were a novel that he was simply reading for pleasure.
 
"I haven't seen anything, sorry." Jongin finally turned to the officers and said.
 
"Ok, thank you for your time. Let us know if you hear of anything."
 
"Will do, sir."
 
Jongin then shut the door and walked back toward Kyungsoo. Before he could say anything or even register an emotion, Kyungsoo beat him to the punch by simply saying, "Why did you do that?"
 
Jongin was thrown out of a sort of haze the situation had put him into, and was forced to actually think about his actions. 'Why did I do that? He said he didn't care if he went to jail... Of course, it's the interview! He's my project." But Jongin knew deep inside that his school project wasn't the reason why he let the smaller man stay.
 
"Well?" Kyungsoo asked, impatiently tapping his pen against the notepad he must've stole off of Jongin's coffee table.
 
The journalist then felt like they automatically switched roles, without him even noticing. He was then being interviewed, instead of the other way around.
 
Before Jongin could answer Baekhyun came bursting into the living room.
 
"Jongin look at this!" He said frantically as he turned the tv on.
 
The tv had 'Breaking News' on it and Jongin was suddenly very interested, as he was almost any news. But this was a peculiar case. The reporter came on screen, they were standing in front of a burning house.
 
Jongin gasped, this wasn't just anyone's house, but Baekhyun's grandparent's.
 
"Baek, I'm so sorry..."
 
"It'll be ok. I already called and nobody's hurt, and they're staying with my parents for a while. Jongin...I think I should go though, to help."
 
"Yeah, I understand, do what you need to." Jongin didn't know why, but he started crying at this. He knew Baekhyun was close to his grandparents, and they practically raised him in that house because his parents were always busy working. Tears streamed down his face and Baekhyun hugged him before he left the apartment with a suitcase already packed.
 
During this whole time, Kyungsoo just sat back and watched. He didn't know what to say or do. He didn't even really know what was going on, but Baekhyun left and Jongin was alone crying. So he figured it was his turn to comfort Jongin. He put his arm around the man who was slouched over on the couch, head in his hands, not quite crying, but who had a few tears streaming down his face.
 
"Hey, I don't really know the situation exactly, but it'll be ok."
 
"That was Baekhyun's grandparent's house. It's older and traditional, there aren't many like it. It's full of memories, and it's some of the last remnants of something we can't get back anymore. It's just sad it's gone."
 
"What can't you get back?"
 
"The time."
 
Instead of questioning it Kyungsoo wrapped his arms tighter around Jongin. He let Jongin lean into him, and eventually he was laying in Kyungsoo's small but strong arms. They didn't say a word and fell asleep like that.
 
 
The next morning they Jongin awoke and Kyungsoo was gone. He wondered around the apartment, noticed nothing was missing or out of place, and then worried about where the other ran off to. Just as he started to panic Kyungsoo came through the door with a bag of groceries and two coffees in his hand.
 
"I was going to make us breakfast but I noticed you were low on food, so I thought I'd get some. I hope you don't mind."
 
"Um, no, it's just... How did you get back in? How did you pay for it?"
 
"Don't worry, the only thing I stole was your key so I could get back inside." He said as he reached into his pocket, pulled out the key, and gave it to Jongin.
 
"But how did you pay for the food? I didn't think you had money on you."
 
"My friend Jongdae owns the store, I can pay him back anytime."
 
Jongin decided he didn't want to question any farther, despite him being a typically curious person. He took a coffee and started to go into his bedroom to change into some clean clothes.
 
After walking some distance, realization hit him and he pivoted around to Kyungsoo who was already in the kitchen cooking.
 
"Hey, Kyungsoo?"
 
Kyungsoo looked up at Jongin. When the man's eyes met his, Jongin's first thought was 'Beautiful'. Because he kind of was. Jongin's heart pounded at his wide eyes, cute grin, and free spirit, but he also noticed a just as attractive seriousness in the man. 'Maybe he isn't completely crazy, but something else," Jongin thought.
 
Jongin was shaken out of his daze when Kyungsoo questioned him.
"You ok, Jongin?"
 
"Uhh, yeah..." Jongin finally let out. "Just, thank you, for yesterday."
 
"What did I do?"
 
Jongin couldn't believe the other man didn't realize how much he helped him, how considerate he had been, from the moment he agreed to the interview, to staying with him when he otherwise would've been alone and sad for some reason, and continuing to be nice to him, even thought they just met. In Jongin's mind, this was special.
 
"You stayed."
 
Kyungsoo smiled at that and resumed cooking their breakfast, Jongin turned to get ready as usual. He then emerged and then breakfast was ready. They ate in content silence, and after Kyungsoo turned to leave.
 
Jongin walked him to the door, only a few feet away. He suddenly felt anxious and didn't want to let this all be a distant memory. He felt his possibilities, a person not like the rest, that he had to share with to as many as he could, but who he also wanted a little for himself, starting to slip away as Kyungsoo began to slip out the door.
 
"Wait, Kyungsoo?" He asked, and questioned his skill as a reporter judging by the fact that that seemed to be the main question he's asked the man during their whole 'adventure' together.
 
"Yes?"
 
"Do you want to go on a date with me this Saturday?"
 
AND THIS IS HOW KIM JONGIN FOUND HIMSELF ASKING OUT A MAN NAMED KYUNGSOO, DESPITE ALWAYS BELIEVING HE WASN'T GAY AT NINE IN THE MORNING ON A THURSDAY.