When Love Starts to Blossom

危ない、恋です // Dangerous, It is LOVE

Chapter Three: When Love Starts to Blossom

 

I woke up from my long sleep and I found Yamada sits beside my bed and he fell asleep. I tried to get up but my legs still shaking. My stomach also still feel hurts. Yeah,I’m on my period and I was punished for being late. I remember what happened yesterday but I didn’t remember how Yamada sneaked into my room.. And also isn’t he late for school!? I was going to wake him until he awake and yawned. His face still looks so tired and he smiled at me. He greeted me and asked how is my condition. I told him that I’m okay and I asked him to go school. He didn’t want at first but after I scolded him, he decided to do what I said. He left my room and went to school. I slowly walked towards my desk and approached my bag. I searched for my phone, it’s just one of my habit in the morning. I will always straightly find my phone to check who contacted me. I slide the screen to unlock my phone and I saw a bunch of missed calls. It was from Yuki-senpai and from my friends, Su-chan and Yu-chan. I was about to read their messages and return their call but my phone suddenly ran out of battery. I plugged in my phone and headed back to my bed. My whole body hurts when I move around so I decided to lay down on the bed while read some novels.

 

 

-at the school-

 

“I’m going to make him pay for all of this” mumbled Yamada as he runs to class 3-3.

 

It was break time and not much people were in the room. He opened the room and looked for one guy, Shuhei. He asked his classmates and couldn’t find him so he thinks he might be inside the hall practicing basketball. On the way, he met Yuki instead. Yuki was going inside the classroom while Yamada left in a rush. He asked his friends why was Yamada inside the class. When he found out he was looking for Shuhei, he could sense that something must be going on with Mae and Shuhei. He put his books on the table and ran to the hall.

 

“Bam” someone opened the door. It’s Yamada.

 

He walked towards Shuhei who is playing with the others, including Kento.

 

“What do you want boy?” asked a senpai. He blocked Yamada from ruining the game.

 

“I need to talk to that senpai” answered him by pointing out to Shuhei.

 

Not long after that, Yuki came in too and approached him. “What happened Yamada?”

 

“I need to talk to that senpai. Why are you here too?!” asked Yamada not in a good way.

 

“I saw you came to my class and left in a hurry so I just want to make sure everything is alright.”

 

“Well then it’s good. I need you to call that senpai who just hurts Mae” said Yamada loud while still pointing out to Shuhei.

 

Everyone stopped the game when heard his loud voice. Kento was surprised to see Yamada is there. He wiped his sweats with the small towel and approached him. Before he could ask him furthermore, Shuhei already did.

 

“Why do you want to see me and why did you make such a fuss?” asked Shuhei calmly while drinking the water from his bottle.

 

Seeing that, Yamada became more angry and throwed the bottle on Shuhei’s hand. Everyone who saw that surprised on how rude of him. How could he treated his senior that way. The other senpai were trying to do something to him but Shuhei stopped him. Instead of getting angry, he smiled and walked one step closer to Yamada. “What do you really want?”

 

“It should be me who asked that. Why did you punish Mae that badly?”

 

Yuki didn’t believe what he just hear. Wait, what.. Shuhei punished her? Is that why she is not coming to school today? What exactly happened.

 

Shuhei giggled and answered him, “Oh that girl? Well it’s because she’s late.”

 

Yamada was going to reply him but he was stopped by Yuki. “Let me handle this” whispered Yuki to Yamada.

 

“Is that true Shuhei? I thought you promised you won’t be so harsh towards her. If I knew it then I won’t entrust her to you” said Yuki.

 

“Whoa this is funny. Okay, I admitted I was going overboard but I’m curious about something. Why is everyone seems so worried about her? What is actually going on? Triangle love? Hahaha even the new transfer student too.”

 

Yuki and Yamada both are surprised and looked at Kento.

 

“Hmm interesting.. Seems like you didn’t know. So yesterday I accidentally found Kento waiting for her outside the hall. He knew she was late and he waited for her. That means he purposely late so he could be punished with her. Is that clear enough? I think that’s what you would like to know more” continued Shuhei.

 

Everyone is silent and looked at Kento differently, specially Yamada and Yuki.

 

Shuhei smiled and continued, “See? You’re more interested with that right? Now Kento, as the captain of this club I also want to know why. Can you explain?”.

 

Kento just stay silent. Yamada was about to take his collar but Yuki stopped him.

 

“No reason” answered Kento as he left the hall. As he left the hall, the bell just rang and all of them need to go back to their class. They have no choice but to go. Now left Yamada and Yuki. Yuki asked him how is Mae’s condition but Yamada ignored her and he left.

 

Yamada is now back in his class.

 

He sat down and looked at Mae’s seat.

 

“Damn it..” mumbled him.

 

In fact, Kento who sat behind Mae’s seat could hear what he mumbled..

 

The class started smoothly.

 

Everyone is paying attention, except these two.

 

Yamada and Kento.

 

Both of them looked uneasy and unfocus.

 

Kento keeps looking at his phone.

 

The class finished unexpectedly fast. Yu-chan and Su-chan who are worried about Mae, come to Yamada.

 

“What happened to Mae?!” asked them in sync.

 

“Stop stop.. Don’t shout at me” answered Yamada. “She fainted yesterday, and now she’s still resting in her room.”

 

“What exactly happened? This morning Yuki-senpai came to us and asked about her too” asked Su-chan again.

 

“She was punished for being late by Shuhei-senpai” answered Kento as he butted in.

 

They were shocked that Kento would answer them. Yu-chan and Su-chan looked at each other while Yamada kicked his table.

 

“Tell me what do you want. Why did you purposely wait for her?!” asked Yamada.

 

“I just see her and I feel bad if she will be punished alone” answered Kento as he stood up.

 

The two of them glared at each other with such a fierce gaze.

 

“You are unexpectedly easy to read huh” whispered Kento to Yamada.

 

“What do you mean by that?!” asked Yamada annoyed.

 

“Who knows..” Kento smiled and left them.

 

Yamada is getting angrier because of what that guy whispered to him. He kicked Kento’s table again and sits down to calm down.

 

“Ne, Yamada.. I think you should be careful to him. He might be your rival” said Su-chan.

 

“He won’t be my rival. I will make sure he doesn’t have chance to get close to Mae” said Yamada angrily.

 

“You better be..” whispered Yu-chan to herself.

 

 

 

***

 

 

I just woke up from my nap. My head feels heavy as I tried to stand up. The room is too dark so I walked to on the light. It’s already 6 PM! I didn’t know I sleep this long. I unplugged my phone and saw all the messages. I replied them and said I’m okay, don’t worry. I was going to lock my phone again then I stopped. There was something on my reminder so I decided to see what is that. I was surprised to see what’s written there.

 

Ken’s Bday ♥

 

 

I was freezed for a while.

 

Yeah, I still put his birthday on my phone. It’s not only him actually. It’s everyone whom I close with. He just one of them. Yeah, there’s no other reason why I put there. His birthday is on 16th of April, still few days more.

Without realizing it, my finger moved by itself. Now here I am, opening my old secret folder.

 

A folder filled with my memories with him.

 

How stupid of me to open this folder and yet I still open it. Ah I just going to take a look for a while, was what I thought.

 

I didn’t expect that I would spend about one hours plus? to just look at those memories.

 

Those pictures that we took together, those messages that I screenshot,

 

I looked at them and smiled.

 

Don’t misunderstand, I smiled not because I miss it. It’s because I’m glad that it happened.

 

I’m glad that we both loved each other and yeah not everything goes smoothly as we planned right?

 

I re-read our conversations from the first. I still remember everything clearly.

 

I remember how it all started, and how it all ended.

 

I stopped looking as I realized my tears started to coming out. I wiped my tears and washed my face. After coming out from the bathroom, I saw someone from my window. I saw someone familiar is standing across my house. I thought it must be dream because it’s just impossible. When I thought it probably Yamada or Yuki, it’s not them.

 

It’s surprisingly, Kento.

 

I rubbed my eyes to make sure I see it clearly. Not long after that, my phone rang. I took my phone and the caller is Kento. I don’t know how to response so instead of receive his call, I just stand there with my phone, still looking at the window.

 

1 Missed Call.

 

I looked at my phone’s screen and slide it..

 

When I looked back to the window, he’s gone. I ran down to the first floor and went outside. I can’t find him anywhere. He’s gone. When I was about to go inside, I found a present box near my entrance door. Wondering who would it be from, I took it and went back inside. As I’m back in my room, I opened the box and ta-da! An envelope, two packs of Mars chocolate and a pack of chocolate brownies cookie, my favorite. Seeing the cookie is there, I know that it’s from Kento. There are no other people knows how much I like this cookie and this chocolate. The first time I tried that brand of chocolate was when I first know him. He bought the chocolate and gave me for my birthday, because he wants me to try it. I just realized I’ve never bought it ever since I broke up with him.. because if I buy it, it will just remind me of him.

 

Seriously what is he planning to do.. This is what’s written inside the letter:

 

Dear Kawashi Mae,

 

Hey…and how do you feel now? Are you getting better? I do hope so. I’m not good at writing letter like you soo yeah. I didn’t know that it’s so hard to write a letter haha I must admire you for this. Take this chocolate and cookies as my apologize for what I did all these times to you. Please take care of yourself more. Rest well, Mae.

 

 

Your Long Lost Friend,

Yamazaki Kento

 

 

I’m speechless now.

 

What on earth just happened?

 

Did I just get a letter from him?

 

EHHHH!? SERIOUSLY?!! WHYYY?!?!

 

Why now.. After all these times? He has never gave me any letter back then.. Even though I always write to him every 3 months. I really don’t know what exactly happened.. why suddenly he changed and become like this?

 

♪ phone rang 

 

This time, it’s not from my mobile phone but it’s from the phone on my room. I answered it and surprised by who is the caller. It’s him, yeah the one that makes everything confusing.

 

 

Kento : Mae?

 

Me : Ah..yes?

 

Kento : I…just want to say that I’m sorry if I shocked you by everything that I did.

 

Me : Haha yeah….

 

It was an awkward laugh to be honest. I just don’t know how to react..

 

Kento : I didn’t mean to be a stalker and all.. Actually I was going to give the box to you properly but you didn’t answer my call so I just leave it there. I suppose you should already found it because you’ve seen me from the window just now. Don’t throw it okay?

 

Me : Unn yeah, I won’t.

 

Kento : I’m glad then…

 

Me : Yeah…

 

There it comes again, a long awkward silent. Why everytime we talk, we will always become awkward like this? I wonder it because there was something between us…

 

Me : Thanks.. I’ll hung up then.

 

Kento : Sure no problem. It’s my pleasure, young lady. Have a good night.

 

I finaly hung up. My heart is racing so fast.

 

Breathe in, breathe out..

 

I tried to calm myself but my heart still races like crazy.

 

I threw myself to the bed and I started to smile and giggling. I rolled left and right and I finally fell asleep with the letter on my hand.

 

 

 

The next day

 

“Mae-channnnnnn ohayouuuu” greeted Yamada as I came inside the class. I waved my hand and smiled to him. When I put my bag on my table, Kento was looking at me and our eyes almost meet but both of us avoided it.

 

“You are too loud Ryo-kun” I punched his stomach as I approached him. He is sitting on Yu-chan’s table. Su-chan and Yu-chan greeted me and I greeted them back.

 

“Ne, what did you do last night?” asked Yamada as he knocked my head.

 

“Itttaiii… eh? What do you mean?” I answered him as I rubbed my head.

 

“I called your phone but you didn’t answer, I called to your home but it said busy.. I even asked your friends whether the three of you were calling each other or not and it turned out they haven’t contacted you too. Who were you calling last night?”

 

I suddenly coughed badly as I heard his question. ‘Who were you calling last night?’ why he’s so sharp like a knife.. Yu-chan passed me her drink and I drink a lot to relieve my nervous.

 

“Eeehh~ Suspiciouss… could it be you were in the line with Yamazaki-san like last time??” teased Su-chan as he giggles.

 

Hearing that, I choked and cough even more. I almost spit out the water inside my mouth. The three of them were surprised that I coughed again..

 

“It’s a joke, come on hahaha” said Yu-chan as she seems to get what’s going on.

 

“Buttt why she is so shocked with my joke? Could it be….it really happens?!” screamed Su-chan. Yu-chan stepped on his shoes and covered .

 

“Don’t say unnecessary things” she whispered to her.

 

Yamada’s expression is turned into cold or rather pale. He laughed bitterly and went back to his seat. I don’t want him to misunderstand so I approached him and change the topic. I asked him why he wanted to call me but he refused to tell.

 

 

 

***

 

 

“We’ll get going first okay?” said Yu-chan and Su-chan as they left the class.

 

“Yeah, take care~” I answered as I put my books inside my bag. I looked at Yamada who is sitting next to me and asked him, “Aren’t you should get going too? You’re the captain and your members must be looking for you”.

 

“It’s okay, I want to make sure you won’t come late to your basketball club. Shuhei-senpai is scary right” smiled him.

 

I don’t know is it only my feelings or what but today he’s rather quiet. Is it because of Su-chan’s ‘joke’ ? He walked me to in front of the hall and he left. I promised him to go back together. Not long after that, Kento passed by me.. I was surprised so I just suddenly tied my shoelace awkwardly. I don’t know why I become like this.

 

“Hmm.. it must be feel good to be surrounded by good looking guys on this school” whispered Shuhei-senpai as I’m still tieing my shoelace.

 

“Ssenpaii..”

 

He smiled and tapped my shoulder. “Sorry for last time, ne?” then he went inside.

 

“Haiii” I answered him as I followed him went inside.

 

Today is the first time we officially practice. It was always been my dream to be the manager of a basketball club. I like to see people play basketball, but I can’t play. I’m just not good with sports.. Seeing Kento plays basketball really amazed me. It’s always like this. Back then, he was also amazing when he play basketball. Unknowingly, I looked at him for the whole time. Time passed by so fast, now it’s time to go back. Everything goes smoothly. I went to change my clothes as I’m sweating because I need to carry the drinks, clean the balls and everything. Yamada waits for me outside.

 

“Why is she taking so long..” whispered Yamada as he looked at his phone.

 

“Ah! Soccer guy huh” said someone who passed by. Well it’s not just merely someone, it’s Shuhei-senpai. “Long time no see, boy.”

 

“Otsukare, senpai” replied Yamada.

 

“Otsukare. I’ll get going first.” Shuhei walked by him and suddenly stopped. “Yamada-san, actually…I don’t know what is your relationship with her or her relationship with my friend or other good looking guys, but.. do you know what happened with her and Kento? They seemed avoiding eye contact with each other.”

 

Yamada looked at him and told him to stop talking nonsense.

 

“It’s not nonsense, I saw her looked at him the whole time. The whole time okay” explained Shuhei-senpai. “Could it be…she’s back with her ex?” added him.

 

Yamada couldn’t stand still and he grabbed Shuhei’s collar. “You better stop talking rubbish, senpai” said Yamada.

 

“Haha wait why you always throw temper to wrong person? It’s should be Kento not me. You should grabbed his collar, not mine. Oh if you’re wondering how would I know that he is her ex…I think almost everyone knows. The rumour is everywhere. As your senpai, I just want you to be careful.”

 

He let go his hand and went inside to find Mae. When he ran inside, he met Mae.

 

“Ryo-kun?”

 

He suddenly grabbed her hands to bring her closer to him and kissed her.

 

He kissed her in the corridor. She was startled and tried to push him but he didn’t let go. Instead, he hugged her.

 

“Gomen, but right now I’m really mad at you” he smiled and kissed her.

 

 

 

------------------------------------

 

 

 

A/N : Hey! I'm finally back with new chapter ^^ I just finished my final exam so I'll have more time to write yay xD I hope you like the story and do subscribe so you will know when I update the story. Don't forget to feel free to leave some comment ^^ Thankyou so much! Enjoy reading~