Inseparable Fate

危ない、恋です // Dangerous, It is LOVE

Chapter Two - Inseparable Fate

 

“M—Kawashi-san..” said someone behinds me. I was shocked and suddenly wake up from my dream. It was just a dream, I thought. But when I turned around, it’s definitely him sitting behind me all this time. Since this morning, I tried to ignore him by doing many things just to make sure our eyes won’t meet.

 

“Kawashi-san, can you lend me your math notes? I need it to do the homework” he said politely.

 

“Ah.. let me check first.” I didn’t see his face and straightly look for the notes on my desk and table.

 

“You can just borrow my one. I already copy her notes so it’s totally the same” said Yamada. He even brings his bag here. I wonder what is he gonna do.. “I’m sorry for saying this, but… can you let me change seat with you, Shinkawa-san?” begged Yamada.

 

“Eh? Well.. I think that would be great since I can’t really see anything from here” replied Yu-chan.

 

“Yu-chan waiiit”

 

“It’s okay Mae, you will feel a lot safer sit beside him” whispered her. What does she mean.. does she mean that Yamada can help me escape from this awkward situation between me and Kento..?

 

“I don’t know who you are but thanks for the notes” said Kento as he continues doing his things. I didn’t expect him to act just like that. I was…actually thought he would feel jealous or what but no it didn’t happen. Should I feel relieved or sad? Well I don’t know but yeah.. I turned back to my position, let my head lay on the table and facing toward the wall until someone opened the back door and called my name.

 

“Kawashi.”

 

I turned back and look for that voice. It’s unusual for someone just call me like that. In fact, it was Yuki-senpai. “What happened senpai?” as I quickly approach him.

 

“Come with me” he held my hand and took me outside the class. “Are you okay?” asked him in serious tune.

 

“What do you mean senpai?”

 

“I already knew that Yamazaki is here. Are you okay?”

 

I giggled and answer him, “yeah don’t worry. Anyway it seems that he doesn’t have any interest in me now. By the way how you know?”

 

“I was talking with my friend about you apply to be the manager of basketball club and he told me there’s a new junior who just moved and he will definitely be in the basketball club. That’s why I asked you are you okay? Are you still gonna be the manager?”

 

I nodded and smiled. “Yup, it’s still be my dream to experience being in the basketball club as manager. Senpai, are you going to join too?”

 

“I’m not sure since I don’t really have interest in sports. But if you need me to be there then of course I will join.”

 

“No no, I was just asking hehe”

 

“Shima-chan.. tell me anything okay? And don’t forget to come to the hall after school” he pats me and left.

 

Someone’s POV

 

What was that? Taking her away just like that and leaving the class. I’m curious about what are they talking about. Who he thinks he is? Does he think he can steal her away from me? The answer is no, I won’t let him steal her away from me. She came back with a blank face. Did he confess to her? It couldn’t be right!?

 

----

 

The class is finally over. It’s already 5 PM. Indeed today our class ends a bit late than usual. But what makes me feel it’s so long is actually because of Kento.. he sits behind me. Even though he doesn’t talk to me or anything but it just feels uncomfortable after all. I thought I wouldn’t feel that way. Now I’m thinking will I be okay to be in the same club as him? I cleaned up my desks and ready to leave the class. Yu-chan and Su-chan already left the class earlier since they have another course later on 5.45 PM. They took English course together with Yamada too. Today I’m going to go home by myself I guess. It’s bad! I already 5 minutes late. The rumour says that the basketball captain is so discipline and he will punish whoever came late. I runned to the hall and opened the door.

 

“I apologize for being late.”

 

“What  is your name?” asked the captain.

 

“I’m Kawashi Mae, senpai.”

 

So this is the girl that Yuki told me. He even asked me to not be so harsh with her. I never met her before but why does she seem familiar.. oh! It’s that girl earlier. Could it be…

 

“I apologize for being late too senpai” said someone approaching me. It’s no other than Kento. Why is he again here beside me, appear out of nowhere?

 

“It’s just the first day of our meeting and both of you already late. Now the two of you run 10 laps. I don’t care whether you are here to be a member or just a manager. Run now!” screamed him.

 

“But she wears skirt, Shuhei” whispered one of the senpai.

 

Woah he is indeed just like what the rumour says. I began to run since he started to scream. 10 laps I don’t know whether I will survive or not.. moreover I’m on my period and I’m wearing a skirt! It doesn’t feel right at all. My tummy so hurrtt but it’s not even the first lap yet. I was holding my pain until Kento run beside me again. It’s already his second laps. He kinda slow down to run beside me.

 

“I knew that he would punish you since you are late” whispered him.

 

“Eh? Then what about you? did you think he won’t punish you?” I asked him coldly.

 

“Obviously. Don’t you know me? I never late on whatever it is.”

 

“Huh.. then why are you--?”

 

“It’s obvious huh.. I saw you haven’t come from the door so I waited until you entered” he ran leaving me after saying that.

 

What was that.. what does that mean? Did he just explain that he waited for me so I won’t be punished alone? Ehh??!!

 

“That boy is fast. He’s already on his ninth laps. The rumour must be true that he is a pro in basketball. But.. that girl doesn’t she look pale?” asked one of the member.

 

I don’t care what will happen to that girl. I don’t know why I punish her either. I just feel annoyed when realizing everything. She’s cute indeed but why must she among every girl in this school? I don’t want to know about her anymore.

 

-inside the English course-

 

“Shinkawa-san.. can you tell me about that guy?” asked Yamada as he sits beside Yu-chan.

 

“Yeah! I also curious about it.. Could he be---that Kento?!” asked Su-chan.

 

“What do you mean by that Kento, Hirose-san? Please explain it to me.”

 

“You two keep your voice down! Okay I will explain it. He is Yamazaki Kento, her ex when they were in junior high school. They were dating for a year. It’s from the second year of junior high school to third year. He moved away right away after we graduated from junior high school. He was supposed to be in the high school as us but the fact is he moved away without us knows. Us I mean me, Mae, and the other friends. Su-chan hasn’t meet us back then.”

 

“Then? Why were they breaking up? Is it because they can’t do the long distance relationship?” asked Yamada curious.

 

“Nope. They just stopped talking. Or rather, he just stopped talking to her all of sudden. He was acting different. He was being so mean and cold towards her. He never replied her texts and keep ignoring her until she finally felt exhausted and stop catching over him. And that’s when we find out he moved. She was so heartbroken..even though I’m not sure she’s already over him or not. But yeah, she was completely empty. I’m so glad that on the first year of high school she can open up a bit by a bit to me and also Su-chan. We become closer with Su-chan like we have known each other for so long. I’m also glad that she ables to make friend with guy, it’s you. You are her first guy friend I suppose. Well I don’t know since when he knows Yuki-senpai.. but at least you are the first guy to let her express her emotion in public again.”

 

“What do you mean let her express her emotion in public again?” asked Yamada.

 

“Yeah. Back then, Kento was being super mean and rude. I don’t know what exactly he told her but she stopped express her emotion and being so quiet like she’s scared that he will turn mad if she talks anything. That’s why I’m worried with his return right now. I’m worried if she will turn back like before. I’m scared that her time will stop for the second time.”

 

“That’s very terrible of him. I won’t forgive him” mumbled Yamada. He left the course and ran away.

 

“Waiit, where is he going??” asked Su-chan panicked.

 

-back to the hall-

 

“Senpaiii! Look that girl collapsed!” everyone ran towards Mae who just collapsed.

 

“Maeee!! Maee! Answer me.. Wake up!” shouted Kento who is carrying her.

 

The door opened and someone ran approach them. It was Yamada and—“Baam!” he hit Kento. “What are you doing again to her?!” he hurriedly take her away from Kento.

 

“Wait who are you and why are you here. First of all, please calm down it’s not his fault” said the captain.

 

“I’m Yamada Ryosuke, the captain of the soccer club and who are you?” asked Yamada.

 

“I’m Nomura Shuhei, the captain of the basketball club. What is your relation with her?”

 

“I’m someone who will protect her no matter what. Is that clear enough?”

 

Why are so many people care about her? What’s so good about her anyway? Hmm interesting. “I apologize for making your precious friend like this. She was late coming here and I punished her to run 10 laps. I didn’t know that she’s this weak.”

 

“What did you say!?” shouted Yamada. He was just about to punch Shuhei until I awake and stopped him.

 

“No, it’s my fault for being late. Don’t blame everyone, Ryo-kun.. I’m okay.” After hearing what I say, he carried me back to my house. On the way home, both of us were quiet. The wind are so strong that I can feel it through my body.

 

“I’m sorry for coming late, Mae” said Yamada.

 

“Why are you apologizing? You’re not wrong and you didn’t promise to come fetch me right?”

 

“I just feel bad for everything. From this on, I will protect you no matter what okay? Promise me you will tell me first no matter what happen.”

 

“Haha why are you talking this way?”

 

“It’s okay just promise me now.”

 

“Okay, I got it. I, Kawashi Mae promise you that I will tell you first no matter what happen okay? Are you satisfied? Hahaha”

 

“Very well, my lady.”

 

My lady… why does he use that word. It reminds me what happened back then.

 

                                                                 ----------------

 

“Very well my lady, I will stay by your side forever