The Beginning

危ない、恋です // Dangerous, It is LOVE

Chapter One - The Beginning

 

I'm Kawashi Mae and today is the first day of my second year. As usual, I woke up early so I can do some excersise and do some running. I drank a glass of milk and left the house quietly. This morning is really cold. I'm walking through my house and someone's appearance surprised me.

 

"Yuki-senpai!" I screamed as I'm shocked.

 

"Good morning, Shima-chan" replied him smilingly.

 

Yeah, he calls me Shima. Shi from Kawashi, and Ma from Mae. But that's only outside the school. In fact, at school we never talk. He's a third year student and he's really really popular so I don't dare to get close to him. His fangirls will hate me if they know he's my neighbor ever since I enter high school. Actually I'm also wondering why he gives me that nickname rather than just call me Mae just like my friends..

 

"Hey, why are you spacing out?" asked Yuki as he tapped my shoulder.

 

"Ah, gomen.. I was just thinking a little bit" answered me panickedly.

 

"Haha you're so funny, Shima-chan" he smiled and tapped my head. "So, how about going to school together today?"

 

"Umm.. I don't think that's possible since yea you know.."

 

"C'mon you promised right that you will go to school together with me before I graduate.."

 

"Yeah but it's not even near your graduation right? Hahaha I'm kidding, I will go with you senpai but next time okay?" I begged as I showed him my puppy eyes.

 

"Okay i get it already, stop giving me that look hahaha if i fall in love with you because of that then what will you do" asked him as he pinched my nose.

 

"It hurtss.. Stop stop, well you won't since you are my senpai right? It's just normal for us" answered me as I smiled brightly and left him.

 

Sigh, it's time for school already.. I put my bag beside my seat. I sit on the third row from front, exactly beside the window. I don't know why but I like to sit near the window even though the teacher will probably re-arrange the seats. Last year I didn't get to be in the same class as Yu-chan and Su-chan but this year the three of us will be in the same class which makes me super excited. Suddenly someone shouted and sit beside me.

 

"Ohayouuuuuu!!!" shouted Yamada energetically. "Mae-chann this year, please take care of me again ne~" he bowed to me and straightly sit beside me.

 

"Oi Yamada don't sit theree" said Yu-chan as she smacked his head.

 

"Ittaiii--who are you?!" screamed Yamada as he rubbed his head.

 

"I'm Shinkawa Yua, Mae's very first best friend. If you want to get close to her, you have to treat me nicely" answered Yu-chan with a death gaze.

 

"Whoa so scary! Then I'll also introduce myself, I'm Yamada Ryosuke and I'll sit next to my Mae-chan so you can choose other seat pleaseee."

 

"Well I will let you off now, I'll just sit behind her. Su-chan come here, sit beside me" said Yu-chan as she called Su-chan.

 

Su-chan bowed and said, "Hello everyone, I'm Hirose Suzu. I'm also Mae-chan's bestfriend. Yoroshiku nee."

 

"Shinkawa-san, Hirose-san please take care of me too nee~ and also I'm Mae's bodyguard hahaha" giggled Yamada.

 

I can just smile and begged him to stop. I don't remember why the two of us become close. The only thing I can remember is he came to school late so he had no choice but to sit beside me. We seldom to be patner for the school projects so I guess that's why we're close until now. Even though Yamada is quite popular, surprisingly he's not arrogant at all. He likes to talk sweet to the girls but he never plays with them as I mean he's definitely not playboy. Very different from my first impression which was I thought that he's a playboy definitely he has many girlfriends but it turns out that I'm absolutely wrong.

 

in class 3-3

 

"Yo! Yuki why are you seemed so down today?" asked Shuhei.

 

"No.. It's just I..."

 

"You what...?" asked Shuhei curiously.

 

"Nothing, I just feel tired" smiled Yuki. He opened his bag and takes out the books and start studying.

 

"As expected prince of study.. When he's stressed he will be more energized to study" mummbled Shuhei. He then left the class and went down. He was running as he came down and he accidentally bumped into someone. 

 

"Aahh it hurts.."

 

"I'm sorry, are you okay?" asked Shuhei worried.

 

"I'm o--kay."

 

"But you don't seem so.. Let me take you to the teacher?"

 

"No, it's okay I just need to go the teacher's office and I can do alone. Now please excuse me, senpai."

 

"Ah so she's kouhai.. Why i didn't know that I have such a kawaii kouhai huh hahah" mummbled Shuhei.

 

Back to class 2-1

 

"Everyone please sit down. As you all already know, even if you have choosen your seat you still need to move according to me. First of all I'll introduce myself, I'm Nakamura Shuji your homeroom teacher."

 

"We already know senseeiii" replied the students.

 

"Okay as you look at the board, this is the arrangement of your seat. Now each of you one by one come to the front and take the number inside this box. Once you've take the paper please go back to sit first."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Mae-chan what number are you?" whispered Yamada.

 

"Umm mine is 8."

 

"Whoa that's where I sit right now! How about you two, Shinkawa-san and Hirose-san?" asked Yamada.

 

"Mine is 24" answered Yu-chan.

 

"Mine is 1... So far from you all" sighed Su-chan. "How about you Yamada-san?"

 

"I'm 29 but now I'll just stay sit here" whispered Yamada as he switched his paper with Mae's paper.

 

"Eeeh?! It's okay let me just sit on number 8" I told him quietly.

 

"No, I'm too scared to sit beside Shinkawa-san hahahaha" said Yamada joking.

 

"It's okay Mae, he's being considerate. But I'm more curious who will sit behind you later" said Yu-chan.

 

"Well... I don't know but I'm happy to sit beside you! Too bad that Su-chan really far from us."

 

"It's okay I'm fine, maybe I'm fated to sit in front so I can concentrate" whispered Su-chan.

 

"Okay everyone now move to the number that you've taken" announced the teacher.

 

I raised my hand and asked, "Sensei, the seat behind me is empty." 

 

"Oh so the empty seat is behind you.. It's for the new student. That person is still away so just let it be empty" explained the teacher.

 

"Woah are you excited Mae? You always like to have new student right?" whispered Yu-chan.

 

"Hahaha yeah." That's true, I don't know why but I simply like having new student. I wonder if the new student is male or female.. Well, it doesn't matter anyway.. it’s not like I’m going to have some relation with that new student.

 

Time flies so fast and it’s time for us to go home. We usually went home together but today is a bit different. Yu-chan can’t go home with us because she has to practice with her club. Ah yeah, she’s in kendo club while Su-chan is in dance club. I was also in the dance club but for some reason I stopped and I don’t belong to any club.. Yamada is in the soccer club and he asked me to join too which is impossible since I’m not good in sports. I’m still considering Nakamura-sensei’s suggestion. He suggests me to be the basketball club’s manager. I kinda want to try it because it seems fun and anyway I don’t know what else I should choose.

 

"Well.. it can’t be helped” said Yu-chan all of sudden. “Yamada-kun, please take care of my beloved friends okay?"added her.

 

“Hahaha sure it’s my pleasure, ganbatte ne Shinkawa-san” replied Yamada as he gave her okay sign with his hand.

 

Yeah, it’s kinda awkward since I never really going home with Yamada. Su-chan must be feel kinda uncomfortable too since she’s not close with Yamada. “I think you should just go home alone Ryo-kun.”

 

“EEH?! Ryo-kun..?” screamed Su-chan. She seems really shocked to hear me call him that way. Well this is bad.. I didn’t intend to shock her but I’ve always call him that way since we become close.

 

Yamada giggles and said, “why are you so shock Hirose-san? It’s my nickname. She always call me that way since we are close.”

 

“Ahh so that how it is.. I’m sorry I make such a noise” Su-chan apologized.

 

“It’s okay Su-chan, I know you must be kinda shock.. That’s why Ry—Yamada, you better go home alone today.”

 

“Yeah, because this girl is coming home with me” said someone coldly.

 

This voice…sounds so familiar. Ah! It’s Yuki-senpai’s voice! “Yuki-senpaiii!?”

 

“W-wait whatt?!” asked Yamada. “Please explain this to me Mae-chan.. And just keep call me Ryo-kun okay?”

 

“No, wwaiit.. I can explain this all” answered me nervously. This is bad.. why on earth Yuki senpai doing here right now!? Shouldn’t he be in the library studying.. Why why why?? Now the two of them will know that he’s my neighbor. Well, yeah I haven’t told my bestfriends that Yuki-senpai is my neighbor. “Okay everyone.. This senpai is actually….my neighbor. Please don’t think too far.” I don’t know how will they respond this but I’ve told them.

 

“Hahahaha so that’s how it is huh.. You shouldn’t talk that cold ne senpai, I was shocked. I thought he is your older brother, Mae-chan” replied Yamada.

 

“Well no, my older brother is in New York.”

 

“Why you didn’t tell me and Yu-chan!? It’s definitely shocking for me. You never tell me at all. If Yu-chan knows this, she’ll probably mad you know” said Su-chan.

 

“I know.. I know that’s why I’ll tell her later. I’m really sorry for not telling you two about this because I don’t know how to tell..” I apologized as I tilted my head.

 

“Haha it seems that I’m really important huh? Until you make it as a secret from your bestfriends” said Yuki.

 

“No.. it’s just..nevermind. anyway why are you here senpai? Aren’t you should be at the library studying?”

 

“You remember my schedule well” replied Yuki as he pats my head. “Well today is an exception, I just want to give you some surprise and I really succeed hahaha please don’t turn my sacrifice into a waste.”

 

“I get it.. since they already know about it then it can’t be helped.. but only this time okay?”

 

Yuki nodded. “Yeah yeah, don’t make such a sad face. It’s not like I force you to treat me something like last time right hahaha”

 

“O..kay.. I’m sorry ne Su-chan, we can’t go home together today. We will talk more later with Yu-chan too okay?” I feel bad to Su-chan since everything turns this way.

 

“It’s okay, I will just go home by myself. You too, Yamada-san you should leave them together since their house are close. We all can go back together tomorrow.

 

“Umm yeah maybe I should” replied Yamada short. “So..see you tomorrow okay.”

 

What’s wrong with him.. he suddenly feel so down and just leave like that. Well, it’s not a big deal right? I ended up going home with Yuki-senpai. On the way we didn’t really talk much and he just keep teasing me about just now. But he seems happier for sure. He begged me to go school together tomorrow and I just said yes. I think it shouldn’t be a problem since it’s not like everyone will see because he promised me not to go all the way to school, we will part and go by ourselves.

 

Yamada’s POV

 

What’s with him.. why he appeared out of no where. And why Mae knows his schedule.. are they that close? Arghh why am I so mad about this. I feel so disturbed knowing the fact that they’re neighbor and moreover they are close. He also said that she has treated him something before. How long have they known each other seriously..

 

----

 

Bzz…bzz… My phone rang. I was just finished showering. I reached my phone and throw myself to the bed. When I saw the screen and looked at who’s calling….I almost dropped my phone to my face. I hurriedly sit down and stare at my phone. It keeps ringing. I’m too shock that I don’t know what should I do. I just keep stare at it until it becomes a missed call. I’m somewhat relieved but then the next minutes it rings again.

 

The caller is…

 

Yamazaki Kento.

 

Yeah, he’s my ex boyfriend when I was still in junior high school. His calls keep being missed calls and he finally sent me a message. It was written, “Please answer my call? I need to talk to you.” Now I have no choice but to answer him if he calls again. Yeah, he calls me again and I’m gonna answer it.

 

Kento : Hello?

 

Me : Hello?

 

Kento : Ah.. I’m glad you answer my call. It’s been a long time ne..

 

Me : Umm yeah..

 

There was a quite long silent.

 

It is awkward for sure.

 

Not only for me but both of us..

 

Yeah.. it’s been a long time. The last time I talked to him was…I can’t even remember.

 

I can feel the pain in my heart

 

I can feel my eyes becoming teary

 

I can feel it all..

 

Before this silent getting longer, I decided to ask him first.

 

Me : So…what’s up? Why are you calling me?

 

Kento : Uh yeah.. First of all I want to apologize. I’m really sorry for everything that I’ve done to you. I know I was such a jerk.. I felt sooo damn bad about us but I want you to consider that I thought it was the only way. I also know that you’re really angry to me and you can’t forgive me maybe..but I can understand that.

 

I was spacing out when he told me all of that. It’s like unbelievable.. I almost can’t believe it myself but it’s really happening. He said sorry, he apologized and it sounds so sincere. I can feel that I hardly can breathe. It feels like you’re riding on the roller coaster and it’s in the point that you’re at your limit and can’t scream anymore. I feel thrilled but somewhat relieved. I feel like I’m glad he apologized this way and I’m happy for that.

 

Kento : So..how are you? Are you doing well?

 

Me : Oh, yeah I’m doing well. I’m much better now. How about you? How is it there?

 

Kento : Glad to hear that! I’m also doing well here. It’s so awesome being here and I found lots of friends too.

 

Me : Ahaha that’s such a relieve.

 

Kento : Yeah.. I just want to tell you that I won’t leave you like that forever.

 

Me : Eh?

 

Kento : I just..needed some time to think alone, about something serious not just us. That’s also explain why I stopped talking to you. I don’t want you to know that I’m moving out and I won’t be by your side again.. I want you to know all of that when I’m just nobody to you. To be honest it’s really hard to stop talking to you, to ignore you and all that… but I know that’s the right thing to do.

 

Me : So that’s how it was.. haha even though I thought you hate me that much..

 

Kento : No, there was nothing wrong about you. It was all my fault. Actually I wanted to tell you earlier that I’m moving out but..I can’t imagine how you will react to it. I don’t want you to feel more painful that’s why.

 

Me : well, I think you did the right thing. I, myself couldn’t imagine what will happen if things were like that.

 

Kento : I’m really glad I can talk about this matter to you now. I was really holding back myself not to talk to you and it’s really painful.

Me : It was painful for me too haha… anyway why now?

 

Kento : I’m sorry for putting you in such a painful situation. I really had no choice back then. I couldn’t do anymore for you. I’m telling you this now because I’m sure by now your feeling for me should be gone.

 

Me : Oh hahah… anyway I think I’m gonna hang up because I have other call.

 

Kento : Sure sure, i’m really glad that I can explain this all to you. I hope you can forgive me now.

 

Me : Actually you don’t have to worry about that Ken, because I already forgive you long ago.. Obviously I’m angry to you and it feels like I hate you badly but some part of myself just can’t hate you that much. Rather than angry, it’s more like I’m disappointed on you. I wanted to forgive you but my heart still feels heavy, can’t let go of everything that happened. I’m really thankful for your explanation. With this, I know I made the right decision that is to forgive you.

 

Kento : Mae..I’m glad that you’re still the nice person I once knew.

 

Me : Hahaha I will take that as an compliment. Anyway I’m hanging up okay

 

Kento : Yes it is. Sure, till next time, old friend.

 

I hung up.

 

Now my head is filled with every single words he said. It’s like messed up in there. He said that by now my feeling should be gone huh? He made a mistake… Indeed, I’ve gotten over him but…now I don’t think so anymore. I can feel my tears start to fall through my cheek. I quickly grabbed some tissue and rub it all. I open my laptop and the screen is showing that Yu-chan and Su-chan are calling me for video call. That’s what we always do everyday. I answered it and Yu-chan keep asking me about Yuki-senpai. My head hurts and I just stay silent.

 

“Ne, Mae-chan wha’ts wrong?” asked Su-chan realizing that I wasn’t pay attention to what Yu-chan said.

 

“You’re spacing out!?” screamed Yu-chan. Her loud voice suddenly becomes gentle. Maybe she realized that I just cried. I can’t hide anything from them anymore. That’s what I think. A minute later I start sobbing. I’m crying and I couldn’t stop myself. Both Su-chan and Yu-chan are surprised and they tried to calm me down. After I calmed down, I told them everything.

 

Yeah, about Kento’s call just now.

 

“EEEH?! Seriously? If that’s so..then why are you crying? Isn’t it good that he apologized?” asked Su-chan.

 

“Probably she’s still have feelings to him huh. That’s why she’s crying. I don’t really get it though” answered Yu-chan.

 

I finally gather myself and start speaking again. “I don’t really know why I cried.. maybe because I feel really happy and relieved? Because with this everything between me and him is over and we are friends again now. I’ve made up my mind to move on and now it’s really the time.”

 

“That’s my girl! Don’t worry about him again okay? Anyway you already have Yamada hahaha” teased Yu-chan.

 

“Ahahaha yeah and also that senpai!” added Yu-chan.

 

“Oii stop it already hahaha first of all, Yamada is just my friend and Yuki-senpai is just my neighbor who is by chance is my senpai.”

 

Our talks continued until late at night. Now I’m confident to move on from Kento. He’s far away anyway. So it’s easier for me to forget him since we’re no longer meet each other. Then not long after that, I fell asleep in front of my laptop until I woke up and realize it’s already morning.

 

“AAH! It’s already 7.45! I’m lateee” I screamed as I run to the bathroom panickedly.

 

After 15 minutes I finally left the house and run the fastest that I can. It’s already 8.00 and the class must be already starting. I should quick now.

 

In class 2-1

 

“Where is Mae huh.. she’s late and she didn’t answer my phone. She didn’t reply my messages last night too. Seriously she makes me worry a lot. Moreover I accidentally heard Shinkawa-san and Hirose-san said that last night Mae cried. I don’t know what happened but I’m really worried. Geez.. she should at least reply my message duh” mumbled Yamada to himself.

 

“Yamada, stop using your phone! Keep it or I will take it” warned the teacher. “Okay now class will start but before that, I will check who is absent today. Oh and also the new student is finally here. I will introduce him af---“

 

The teacher stopped as I opened the back door rushedly. “I’m sorry sensei, I’m late.”

 

“Oh Kawashi-san you’re late again. It’s already the third time, next time you should be more careful okay” said Nakamura-sensei. “Anyway please take a seat because I was just about to introduce the new student.”

 

“Ah, haii” I sit down and sighed since I ran a lot today. I didn’t pay attention to the new student until the teacher told us his name.

 

Yamazaki Kento.

 

“EEEH!? It’s lie right?! It can’t be.. no no it can’t be” I whispered to myself.

 

“Maee, did he tell you about this last night?” asked Yu-chan who sit beside me.

 

“No, not at all. He didn’t talk about this” answered me.

 

“Hey you two! Rather than gossiping, it’s better that you two introduce yourself to him” said sensei.

 

“Eh--?” I replied carelessly.

 

“Not eh but your name, Kawashi-san” scolded Nakamura-sensei followed by everyone’s laugh.

 

“It’s okay sensei, I already know her name. Kawashi Mae” said Kento.

 

Everyone freeze and looked at me including Su-chan. She must be shock since she doesn’t know him. I might be talking about him to Su-chan and Yu-chan but she doesn’t know him and she never saw his photo so it must be surprising for her. As for Yu-chan, since we’re always in the same school so she knows well who is this guy. Well it can’t be happening huh.. my ex who just called me last night..now in the same school with me and in the same class…

 

Moreover, he sits right behind me!?

 

*****

 

I hope you like it ^^