Yoongi

Shadow Heart - The Black Hawk

Seven months went by. Ama was in her seventh month and her belly was quite big. She slept quite a lot, which wasn’t really surprising, and she had stopped working for now, not taking any new contract. As for the child, we were hesitating between two names. Either Seokjin or Jungkook, both being names of very popular idols Ama liked a lot.

 

That day, I was coming back home after a long day of work. I had stopped not using my powers during the day, considering that I lived really far from my job, so I now went there using my black vortex, coming back the same way as well, always making sure no one would see me.

 

“I’m home!” I let out once I was in the house.

“Welcome home!”

 

I heard that her voice was coming from the bedroom, so I went there, smiling when I saw her. I raised a brow though when I saw that she was looking at some clothes.

 

“My hunting outfit? Why is it out?”

“I know you only use it to work when it’s nighttime, but… I wanted to take it out. It reminds me of when we met each other.”

“I was an back then.”

“Yeah, you kinda were.”

“I wanted to kill you.”

“Yeah.”

“And then you sang Youngjae’s song. How the heck did you know of that song?”

“He taught it to me. I’ve met him… a long time ago. He told me it would save my life if I learned it by heart. He was right.”

“I would’ve killed you otherwise…”

“Exactly.”

 

I looked away, ashamed of my past. Ama smiled at me, chuckling a little, taking my hand.

 

“It was normal back then.”

“Was.”

“Still is.”

“No. Eating humans… it’s not right.”

“It is for your kind. I don’t hate you for being a spirit, you know that, right?”

“I know…”

“Then why do you seem so worried?”

“Because of other things.”

“Tell me.”

“…”

“You know you can tell me everything. I wouldn’t hate you for that.”

 

I looked into her eyes, smiling a little. I loved her too much to refuse anything. I kissed her tenderly.

 

“Okay. But elsewhere.”

“Like the living room?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay.”

 

We went there, sitting on the couch. Ama snuggled against me. She was definitely not a fan of cuddles, but her pregnancy was making her seek a bit more affection, so it was all right to do this right now. I breathed deeply once we were there. She smelled good. Not like food, but like… like herself. Like spring. I liked that.

 

“So, those worries?”

 

I took the time to lie down with her before I sighed.

 

“Well… first, I’m worried about you. About the future, about… everything. Will the birth be difficult? Will we be proper parents? Will we be able to raise our son properly? There’s that, and also… well… I’m ashamed of my past. I’ve killed so many people. Do I really have the right to love you? To have a child with you?”

 

She pressed a kiss on my lips, pushing some of my hair back gently.

 

“You’re just Jae, now. Not Black Hawk anymore. Not the Black Hawk from before, at least.”

“Jae did horrible things too. And Jaebum as well.”

“Jae…”

“Don’t try making me think otherwise. As Jae, I hurt you, ate your hand, almost killed you, and as Jaebum, I…”

 

I looked away. I couldn’t bear to look at her…

 

“As Jaebum… under that name… I killed… and devoured my own mother.”

 

She didn’t even have time to react. Someone knocked on the door. Looking up, I frowned, but I went to open the door. A thin teen girl with red hair and blue eyes was standing there.

 

“This is Ama’s house, right?”

“Who are-”

“Bee, there was no need to come all the way here!” Ama suddenly said, making her way to the other girl.

 

I looked completely lost, so Ama ended up chuckling and looking at me.

 

“Jae, this is Judyth, my little sister. I call her Bee though.”

“Hello,” the girl greeted me.

 

I was confused. Ama was Asian, but not this girl? And they were sisters?

 

“I was adopted, Jae,” Ama said, laughing a little. “My parents thought they couldn’t have children, since they tried for a long time and nothing happened, so they adopted me. Turns out, my mom got pregnant eventually afterwards and she had Bee.”

 

I nodded a bit, reassured. Made sense. Moreover, Ama wouldn’t trick me about that. I smiled at the girl, making sure not to let her see my fangs.

 

“Greetings. I’m Jae.”

“Duuuude you’re so handsome.”

 

I was a bit surprised, but Ama only laughed.

 

“He is, isn’t he?”

“He’s really hot. Must be a really cool model for photos right?”

“Not all that much, he looks more like a serial killer than you do, on photos.”

 

No need for the sister to know that I was one. Although…

 

“He kinda is, though, isn’t he? The tattoo on his torso…”

 

Aw . I had forgotten that I had quite a large and low collar on this shirt. I looked away, but the girl just chuckled.

 

“Just kidding. Ama told me about you. So I got curious and decided to visit.”

 

So… she knew of my past. Damn. Well, weirdly enough, I was getting good vibes from her. She was spontaneous and, well. I had this overall feeling that I could trust her.

 

However…

 

“Anyway, you may be handsome, but my boyfriend is even better,” she said with a smile as she turned, making a young man walk forward.

 

I immediately tensed up, frowning. As much as I trusted the girl… I didn’t trust this guy.

 

“This here is my boyfriend, Yoongi ~” Bee proudly announced.