Him

Shadow Heart - The Black Hawk

Meanwhile, I was sleeping. I was exhausted. I had never learned to control my energy output since I was getting a lot of preys, meaning I needed to eat often or else I would get cold from the lack of energy. That was what was happening at the moment. I was cold and sleeping was the only way for me not to be ‘too’ cold.

 

I woke up late, hungry and tired and cold. Beef and pork seemed plain disgusting after having eaten human meat for more than two weeks. Human meat was the best. It was all humans were good for anyway.

 

I stretched and got up still, walking to my fridge, sighing when I looked at the meat I always kept in case I’d skip a meal. It didn’t seem tasty at all. I sighed, my eyes glowing weakly, the little energy I had left not being enough to light them properly. I still ended up eating, eyes closed, quiet. Once I was full, I headed into town for a quick run on the roofs until… until I reached the park in which I hadn’t managed to kill my prey, only to find someone else I hadn’t managed to kill.

 

I stopped right there, paralyzed.

 

“Youngjae…” I muttered, staring, feeling a mix of pain and anger in my heart. My shoulder’s injury was throbbing.

 

The young man seemed to hear me, since he turned and smiled at me.

 

“Hey, Jaebum. How have you been doing?”

 

He had recognized me. . I showed my fangs, growling, jumping and landing on top of him, hand around his neck. My orange eye had turned bright red while my blue one had turned steel gray. I was furious.

 

“You dare ask me this?” I growled, punching him in the face before I got up. “If my oath didn’t prevent me from killing you, you’d already be dead.”

 

I turned and walked away, emitting a powerful aggressive aura. Once home, I started painting, creating a wild scenery colored in red. Once I was done with it, I put it aside, sighing. I had felt the presence in my back for a few hours now…

 

“Taehyung.”

“You knew I was here?”
“Don’t be stupid, of course I did.”

 

I sighed a little, thoughtful.

 

“Thanks for not bothering me, Taehyung.”

“I wouldn’t have dared. You would’ve gutted me.”

 

He approached, looking at my painting, tilting his head. He had caught me in full anger before and I had almost killed him for interrupting me. So he knew not to disturb me when I was painting.

 

“Last time it happened, the scenery was less… violent.”

 

He was right. I’d usually paint storms and such. This time, I had painted a fight full of blood, one of the characters being almost dead. And that character looked like Youngjae.

 

“I guess so.”

“You were quite erm… very angry, weren’t you?”

“Yeah.”

“Who…?”

“Someone.”

“Not too talkative, uh.”

“I know.”

“It’s even worse than before.”

“Maybe.”

 

He sighed, a bit discouraged.

 

“Anyway… the bosses have told me about your failed hunt. Obviously enough, they won’t give you another one before you’re done with this one. You know what it means, right?”

“Yeah.”

“You can’t hunt other humans until this prey is dead. Don’t forget about your oath.”

“I won’t.”

 

He smiled, chuckling a little.

 

“Awesome. Well then, I’ll let you calm down before your hunt. See ya around,” he said before he left.