01 :: Parents for Hire :: Shiroyama Yuu / Aoi

Parents for Hire :: Shiroyama Yuu / Aoi

Chapter I – Unexpected Parenthood

 

-------------

 

Nikimura Hana, a 21 years young woman working as a successful producer, was stressing through the first hour of work a Tuesday morning when the phone went off, signaling for her to pick it up.

“Moshi, moshi.” she spoke into the device and placed it in between her ear and shoulder while sorting out some papers for a nearing recording session.

“Hello Nikimura san, this is Masato Keiji* speaking.”

 

Hana almost dropped the phone when she heard the company manager speak. Why was he calling her?

“Would you mind coming down to the lobby? Your presence is requested.”

“Hai, I'll be down in a minute. Thank you for telling me.”

“Not a problem, Nikimura san, good day.”

She put the phone in her jean pocked, but the papers away and headed down to the lobby.

 

Hana loved music, and due to her being a producer she got to work with many great artists in the business, although she would rather have been without a certain person. In her opinion, the GazettE made some amazing music and the members were mostly a pleasure to work with, but she really couldn't stand the rhythm guitarist.

Yuu and herself had known each other since early child hood, and not once had they been able to have a decent conversation without getting into a heated discussion. Oh the irony that the two were now working at the same company.

 

With long black hair, chocolate brown eyes and often properly dressed,
she was often mistaken as an ordinary business woman. But underneath the neat clothing and sweet looks resided a personality tougher than a rock. Her personality was often underestimated and that was one of the reasons she had remained single for the past year, guys saw her as too strong, they didn't dare to approach her. Which suited her all too well.

But once you got to know her, Hana showed you a gentler side of herself which not many have seen. She's protective of those she loves and has a really soft spot for animals.

 

She arrived in the lobby a few minutes later where a woman, around thirty, were waiting for her. As well as the company manager and Shiroyama Yuu.

“You asked for me miss?” she said, totally ignoring the dark haired male beside her.

“Ah, Nikimura san, my name is Fukuyama Momo and I work as a police investigator. Would you mind if I asked you and Shiroyama san a few questions?”

“Not at all.”

 

The four of them headed towards the small meeting premises provided in the lobby and sat down on the Grey couches. Mrs. Fukuyama placed her briefcase on her lap and pulled out a few papers and something that looked like a photograph.

“I've been told that the two of you were close friends with Nagasawa Ryota and Nagasawa Mina.”

“Yes.” Yuu, who sat in front of her, said. “But why are you speaking in past sentence? It's not like they're dead?

 

The quartet was quiet for a few seconds before Mrs. Fukuyama spoke again.

“This may come as a bit of a chock to the both of you.”

Yuu tense up beside her on the small cough, and she could feel it in her bones that something terrible had happened.

“Yesterday, the pair along with their one month old baby were involved in a serious car crash. Miraculously, only the baby survived and is currently enrolled at the hospital. I still need you to answer a few more questions and then follow me there.”

 

Hana felt herself fall. She grabbed a hold of the rough material of the couch and let out a sob, but never let her gaze waver. Her childhood friend, almost sister was gone, never to return. She would never be able to, hug, laugh or fool around with her again...

 

--------------

 

The trip to the hospital was draped in silence. The company manager allowed them to take the day off and as soon as Yuu had informed his fellow band members that something came up, they had been on their way.

The shops and apartments swished past them as they drove through the busy streets. Mrs. Fukuyama drove while Yuu sat in the passenger seat. Hana sat by herself in the back, drowning in unwelcome thoughts.

 

The car slowed down to a stop at the Hospital parking lot and a few moments later they approached the main entrance. Once inside, Mrs. Fukuyama walked off to change a few hushed words with the receptionist while Hana and Yuu waited by the doors. They still hadn't spoken a work to the other but they still felt a slight comfort in each other due to their friendship to their passed friends. It didn't take long for Mrs. Fukuyama to return to them with a nurse on her heals.

 

It was in room 159 that the baby slept peacefully, with just a few scratches on the otherwise flawless skin. The four of them stayed on the outside, watching as nurses monitored it's every breath in case something would happen

“There is one more thing I have to speak with you about.”

The young adults turned from the window to Mrs. Fukuyama. She pulled out document from her briefcase but not yet showing them what it was.

“Mr. and Mrs. Nagasawa want the two of you to take care of their daughter. It was the last they said before falling into eternal sleep. All you need is to sign this document.”

 

Hana started at her for a moment before sifting her gaze over to Yuu. The male seemed nervous. Who wouldn't when they were forced to be parents. A very unexpected parenthood. There was so much going on in her head at the moment, that she acted on impulse, and was about to reach out and sign the document when Yuu spoke.

 

“I guess we have no other choice if it was their wish... even though I barely have time for myself at the moment, I will take her.”

Hana stared at the male beside her. He had been quite passive about the whole parenting thing when Mrs. Fukuyama spoke of the idea, but now he seemed to embrace the challenge with open arms.

"That's good, Shiroyama san. But the thing is. They wanted the two of you to take care of her together, acting as full time parents."

"Together?"

"Yes, preferable also living together to create a suiting family situation."

 

Hana could wager that both her and Yuu's jaws dropped at that comment. How in the world would two people, who fought constantly, be able to live together and successfully raise a child on top of that?

 

This didn't change the fact that the two a few days later entered the PSC lobby carrying a baby girl.

 

 

--------------

 

 

//AN:

*Masato Keiji – I have no idea of what the name of PSC's manager is. This is pure fiction! =)

*Moshi, moshi - When you answer the phone.

*Hai - Yes.

*San - A prefix you use when being polite.