02 :: Parents for Hire :: Shiroyama Yuu / Aoi

Parents for Hire :: Shiroyama Yuu / Aoi

Parents for Hire

 

Chapter II – The Perfect Match

 

-------------

 

What about this one?”

Yuu's kitchen had a lingering smell of coffee. He and Hana had searched for a common apartment for a few hours already and while Hana searched the computer, Yuu had a sleepy Miyako on his lap. He scrunched his nose a little before replying.

Maybe... but I still got the guitars and where will they go?”

Hm, gribby.”

Shut up!”

One day with Miyako and signs of relaxation was already showing. Of course there were arguments, but there were also witty comments and playful actions.

 

The two had decided to share Yuu's apartment as a temporary home until they found a new one, while Hana's own apartment had been set on sale and they were at the moment waiting for someone to pick up interest for it. But the search was everything but easy since the two had completely different taste in style.

There had been an offer to move into the Nagasawa household but they declined. The place brought back painful memories which hadn't been laid to rest and was too vulnerable to expose.

 

Let's call it a day. Has she fed yet?”

Eh?”

Hana sighed and shut down the laptop, tucking it away in its bag.

Miyako. Has she fed yet.”

No..”

Then get to it! I'm taking Dai for a walk.”

 

Dai, the five months old Papillon puppy who had been her only male company until Yuu strolled into the picture. He had black and white fur with a larger than life personality and from the first moment he stepped over the threshold into Yuu's apartment, he had shown signs of not liking Yuu at all, but loved Miyako on the other hand.

 

--------------

 

Hana woke early the next morning to a dog's bark and a child's wailing. Glancing at the clock she let out a groan and rose from the couch. The noises came from Yuu's bedroom, and on further analysis, she could see the light that trickled through the small gap under the door. Dai was just outside of the closed door, barking for Yuu to let him in.

 

Dai~” Hana coed to get the puppy's attention and succeeded. The small dog slid over the wooden floors, happily wagging his tail as she lifted him up. “Now that's a good boy, you don't want to wake the neighbors now do you, hm? It's four thirty in the morning. Now, let's go and make the baby less miserable.”

 

Yuu wagged the small child in his arms, trying to get her to go back to sleep. She had done nothing but cried for the past twenty minutes and he wouldn't be surprised if the whole apartment complex woke up.

Having trouble, Shiroyama?”

He tensed and turned to face the smiling woman.

It won't shut up!”

You're talking as if she's a machine. Come here with her you idiot.”

 

Taking the crying child, Hana sent the frowning male a look before whispering sweet nothings into the baby's ears. This proved to be successful when Miyako quieted down and let out a hiccup.

You , let's face it.”

Yeah sure, just because she can't sleep, let's put all the blame on the guy. Go ahead...” Yuu mumbled before making his way to the kitchen to get himself a glass of water and he got himself a pretty nice surprise when he returned. The adult and the younger female were fast asleep on his bed. All cuddled together with the puppy lying not far away from them.

With a sleepy smile, he wandered off to sleep the rest of the night off on the living room couch.

 

When the alarm clock went off, signaling that it was time to get up, Hana stretched before wrapping her arms more securely around the baby lying beside her. Miyako was already a beautiful girl with dark, curly locks of hair and big brown eyes. And with her slightly chubby cheeks she were a childish replica of her mother.

She were thrown out of her thoughts by a happy Yuu rushing through the bedroom door, waking the two at her side.

I've found the perfect place! Up, up, up!”

 

The two sat by the kitchen table twenty minutes later, after Hana had taken her shower, and looked at the computer screen.

Seems like you're right, for once.” Hana said with a smirk, taunting the male beside her.

Oh, shut up! At least I looked while someone was asleep.”

She grinned at him but said nothing more about the matter.

Should we give it a shot?”

 

--------------

 

The trio arrived at the apartment two days after that faithful morning and the estate agent, Mrs. Tanaka, met up with them at the entrance. She welcomed them and immediately got down to business.

 

The apartment truly was perfect. The rooms were spacious and painted in light colors, making it look bigger than they actually was. There was three bedrooms, two bathrooms, one bigger and one smaller, as well as a kitchen, a living room and one smaller room for the godly guitars (in Yuu's opinion).

 

When the tour was over, Hana, with Miyaku on her arm, took another look around while Yuu spoke to the agent. She liked the way the apartment was designed to make use of as much space as possible and with a touch of their own furniture’s it couldn't be any better.

With a smile on her lips she went back to the doorway where the other two waited for her.

So, we'll have the papers ready for you at the office by tomorrow, and then you'll only have to sign them before we can give you the key and you'll be able to move in.” Mrs. Tanaka said professionally before leading the way out.

 

The way back to Yuu's apartment felt longer than when they left it. Hana sat in the backseat with Miyako in her high chair while Yuu drove, and when they finally arrived she couldn't do anything but to relieve a heavy sigh but straightened herself soon after. It was time to put the grieving aside for the time being and focusing on what's positive.

 

After gathering their things and Miyako they made their way up to the apartment complex. A happy Dai greeted them at the door way but started barking at the sight of Yuu who just walked passed him.

He might start to like you if you pay some attention to him you know.”

He shoot her plain look before entering taking his shoes off.

If he would stop barking maybe I will pay attention to him.”

 

She rolled her eyes at him before handing him the now sleeping child.

Stop being so stubborn! If you keep that up, no one will want to talk to you.”

Says who?”

Me?”

Oh, susch!”

Live with it! We're living together from now on.”

Might as well”

Heheh...”

 

The two decided to head off to bed early, and Hana would take Miyoku this time in case she would wake up again. They headed off to the estate agency at a decent hour to sign the papers and a few days later, the time had come for the trio to move to their new home.