iv. 20

Subtle Touches - A Jeongcheol Fanfic Collection

Some say that the most beautiful age to experience everything, especially love, is when you're 17. But I must disagree, for me, every year of year life can be the most beautiful. Every age, you can love. You can find your greatest love.

For Yoon Jeonghan, it was in his 20s. It was when he encountered the beautiful case that is Choi Seungcheol.

-----------

"Dadoo! Dadoo!" Myungho pounced on his Dadoo's lap.

Jeonghan has been busy cleaning their house, washing the dishes, sweeping the floor, picking up Myungho's legos (cause he is pretty sure his husband will step on it when he comes home).

It was 5 in the afternoon and Myungho has just woken up from his afternoon nap. Jeonghan watched as his now 4-year old son, jumped and hopped on their living room, almost breaking the vase that Mingyu and Wonwoo gave for their birthday. Jeonghan laughed as he heard Myungho saying how he wanted to become a ninja like those on the famous Chinese martial arts films that his Uncle Jun always watches.

After maybe growing tired after all his dancing, hopping and talking, Myungho laid on his Dadoo's lap. And snuggled up to his Dadoo who is now lying on the sofa, stretching his back after the long hideous day of housecleaning. Curly hair to Jeonghan's chest, Jeonghan began to hum Myungho's favorite song. 

"Dadoo~ you are so good in singing~" Myungho admired.

"Yes, darling." Jeonghan answered.

"And you have pretty hair! Like those in the telebibby." Myungho said

Jeonghan laughed at his son's cute mistake and nodded." Yes, sweetie."

"Dadoo~ can you tell me a story?" Myungho asked

"Sure, cupcake. What kind of story? Snow White? Goldilocks and the Three Bears?" Jeonghan asked.

Myungho shooked his head." Not those, Dadoo~" Myungho said

"What do you want then?" Jeonghan asked

"Tell me yours! Tell me how you met Daddy Seungcheol!" Myungho said

Jeonghan stared at his son and smiled.

"Okay.. Listen carefully, sweetheart."

----------------------------------------------

It was the first day of college of the year 1995, Jeonghan was walking towards the school's entrance, clutching his backpack and preparing himself for a lot of introductions and new faces. Heaving a sigh, he step foot inside the university. And that's where he met, Choi Seungcheol. Seungcheol was looking around the buildings as if lost. And Jeonghan didn't know why, he just found himself walking towards the black-haired guy.

"Are you alright?" Jeonghan asked

"I just uh... uh... I'm kinda lost." the black-haired guy admitted.

"I figured. What's your first class? I'm a freshman here too but I was given a map upon enrolment. Where's yours?"Jeonghan asked.

"Philosophy 150. Lost the map." Seungcheol answered

"Oh what coincidence! That's my first class too. Come, let's search for the room together"  Jeonghan asked offering the map and a smile.

The black-haired guy's face lit up. 

"Oh that would be great! By the way, I'm Seungcheol, Choi Seungcheol. You are?" Seungcheol asked.

"I'm Yoon Jeonghan. Nice to meet you, Seungcheol." 

They were late on their first class on their first day of college but they don't seem to mind. First, Jeonghan found out that Seungcheol is older than him and that he is a first year because he changed courses. He is now and engineering student, taking Philosophy units to make up for the first semester. Jeonghan is a broadcasting student.

As the weeks came by, the two became super close, inseparable, earning a lot of teasing from their friends. Now, both of them know that neither of them were straight. And none of them knew, when and how they fell in love. They just woke up one day, wanting to be beside each other forever, protecting and loving them. It took courage and a lot of sleepless nights before Seungcheol confessed to Jeonghan, and his cracked nerves were worth it.

Because when he asked Jeonghan to be his, he said 'yes'.

They became official on the secend semester and continued dating even after graduation. Of course, the fights are there. Arising from something simple like the menu and something more serious like jealousy and lack of time. 

But their love made it work.

And after almost 6 years of dating, they got married on a simple beach ceremony. They only invited their family and closest friends, the ceremony was simple. Both of them wore tux but Jeonghan held a bouquet of white roses. The beach was lined with white flowers. And on that fateful day, they exhanged their vows of forever. 

-------

"... we exchanged our vows of forever." Jeonghan ended while staring at his now sound sleeping angel, The sweetheart had fallen asleep while his Dadoo was in the middle of his story.

Jeonghan smiled and was about to carefully stand up when the front door of their small, apartment-like home opened, revealing his husband, all tired and sweaty from the field work but still handsome as always.

"Hey love." Seungcheol said.

"Shhh. Myungho is sleeping." Jeonghan motioned to his lap where Myungho is sleeping soundly.

Seungcheol carefully walked towards his family and kissed Jeonghan on the lips then kissed Myungho's head. Myungho stirred and saw his daddy had already arrived.

"Daddyyyyyy!" Myungho shouted, immediately gettingo off Jeonghan's lap and into Seungcheol's embrace.

Seungcheol lifted his son and kissed the boy's cheeks.

"Yes. Daddy's home. Have you been good to Dadoo?" Seungcheol asked his son.

"Yes! I am a good boy. Right, Dadoo?" Myungho asked Jeonghan.

"Oh yes. My Myungho is very good." Jeonghan said.

Still carrying Myungho, Seungcheol sat beside Jeonghan on the sofa.

"What were you doing when I arrived?" Seungcheol said, placing Myungho on his lap and tucking Jeonghan's loose hair behind the latter's ear.

"Dadoo was telling me a story!" Myungho exclaimed.

"Oh, what story?" Seungcheol asked.

"Our story." Jeonghan asked.

Seungcheol smiled and pinched Jeonghan's and Myungho's cheeks.

"Dadddddy~~~" Myungho said

"Why little buddy?" Seungcheol asked

"I hope I can find someone like Dadoo and you. So we can be together forever." Myungho said.

Jeonghan and Seungcheol looked at each other and smiled.

"Oh sure little boy, but now it's almost bedtime. You need to sleep so you can grow up fast!" Jeonghan said to his son, ruffling his hair.

"Oooh! Ooo! Let's sleep now Daddy!" Myungho said, tugging at Seungcheol's sleeve.

Jeonghan nodded at his husband to signal him to tuck Myungho to sleep.

"O-kay~ " Seungcheol lifted Myungho into a superhero position and the kid quickly put his arm forward,"... let's go to your room!" and then, Seungcheol dashed to Myungho's bedroom, holding a screaming Myungho.

Jeonghan smiled and headed to the kitchen to prepare dinner for his husband. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: fyiiii : myungho = minghao = the8 (just found it weird if i named him minghao coz that sounds so chinese and seungcheol and jeonghan has that korean vibe so yeah never mind)

^^ i saw someone on tumblr wanting someone to write a fic where minghao(the8) is jeongcheol's kid so i decided to give it a try ^^ becoz i really love these kinds of fics. sorry for grammatical errors TT TT 

would love to hear feedbacks from you guys~

 

xx, cdotjhn