Chapter 4

잡아줘 (Hold Me Tight)

Taehyung​'s POV:

     Taehyung had been asked to eat lunch with Hoseok. He had agreed, but he was honestly thinking of not showing up. He wasn't used to having friends or even just having a simple conversation with someone for that matter. Plus the fact that just thinking about sitting with Hoseok made his stomach feel weird. It was as if butterflies had been set loose from a cage in his stomach and he didn't know why. 

     He tried to tell himself that it was just because of the fact he wasn't used to sitting or talking with people that were actually nice and that he felt that way for all of them but it just wasn't true. Sure, he was already extremely nervous about sitting with the others but his mind just kept drifting to Hoseok. Why when it came to Hoseok was he extra nervous?

     'What if he doesn't like me? What if he thinks I'm weird? What if he was just being nice and was hoping I would actually refuse the offer?' All these thoughts ran throughout his head the whole day. He decided that it was probably just because he was the first person that had ever helped him so he felt more pressure to be liked by him. But in the back of his mind he knew it was more than that.       ​

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

      Lunch time finally came around and Taehyung was still debating whether or not he should go. It would be the first time in a very long time that he stepped place in the cafeteria; he would usually go to the library to avoid running into Jeongki and the rest of the group. This rarely worked however, they knew he went there so they would usually pull him out of there just to taunt and beat him up some more.

      Taehyung stood there at the cafeteria doors, hesitating. Taehyung took deep breaths, trying to control his anxiety. He made the decision that he would sit with them but he kept thinking of walking in only for everyone to look at him at the same time, all those eyes on him, making rude comments.  He knew this is what would happen and it feared him immensly. Though it was nothing new, it would be in front of the whole school and he just knows he would have a panic attack.
 
      "Oh look who it is! We're so happy we ran into you!" Jeongki said with faked kindness.  Taehyung's eyes widened in fear, he couldn't bring himself to turn around.
 
       "We're talking to you . You answer when we talk to you, be respectful!" Minhyuk said as he kicked Taehyung's legs from under him.
 
       "S-sorry..." Taehyung said in a small voice.
 
        "Don't apologize to them." Taehyung automatically recognized the voice as Hoseok. "How many times do I have to tell you? Can you really not get it through your thick skulls?" Hoseok said coldy to the group.
 
         One of Hoseok's friends that had dyed mint colored hair, Taehyung thinks he remembers him introducing himself as Yoongi,  held out a hand for Taehyung to stand up and Taehyung looked at in shock for a bit before taking it. "T-thank you" Taehyung said in a quiet voice.
 
        "It's no problem." he said with his gummy smile.  
 
       "Let's go Taehyung." Hoseok said softly and attempted to put his arm around Taehyung's shoulder but couldn't reach his shoulder. He went on his tip toes, jumped, and eventually gave up. Hoseok pouted and his cheeks turned a light pink color. He really hoped Taehyung hadn't noticed.
 
       'Cute...' Taehyung thought to himself. 'Wait what? What did I just think? Bad Taehyung.'
 
        Taehyung leaned down and took Hoseok's arm, putting it around his shoulder. 'Oh my gosh did I really just do that?! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh...' Taehyung couldn't believe himself that he was brave enough to do something like that. Taehyung's cheeks turned pink.
 
       "Jinja...so tall." Hoseok mumbled with a pout. 
 
       Taehyung looked over to see Hoseok's cheeks as bright as cherries. 'Omo...he looks so cute when he blushes...oh my gosh what is wrong with me?'
 
       The rest of the group smirked as they watched the two of them. "I ship it." Yoongi whispers so the couple wouldn't hear which made the rest of the group laugh, nodding in agreement.
 
      "Hoseok totally likes him. He kept staring at him throughout the whole class." Jungkook added on.
 
 
       "Ah Tae, do you not want to eat in the lunch room? We can eat outside if you want." Hoseok says when he notices Taehyung's nervousness.
 
        Taehyung blushed slightly at the nickname and bit his lip with a nod.
 
       "Okay." Taehyung felt safe with Hoseok smiling that big, gorgeous smile of his.
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________
 Hoseok's POV:
 
          Hoseok could notice Taehyung's fidgeting hands that were placed in his lap as they sat under a shady tree, he also noticed how he was the only one that didn't pull out a lunch. ​
 
          "Taehyung why aren't you eating? Do you not have a lunch?" Jimin asked from the other side of the circle they made, between Jungkook and Yoongi.
 
           Taehyung looked up from starting at his hands "Ah, I'm not hungry."
 
           Jimin shook his head "You can't just not eat. Doesn't your mom pack lunch for you? You shouldn't waste the food."
 
            Taehyung bit his lip and visibly saddened "Uh...no actually...she left last year." Hearing this broke Hoseok's heart.
 
            "Oh, ... I'm sorry...why did she leave?"
 
            "Jimin!" they all, aside from Taehyung, said in unison.
 
             "Oh sorry...again."
 
              Hoseok was surprised to hear him answer "To get away from my dad..." he said in a soft voice.
 
              'Oh gosh his dad really is...abusive?' Hoseok thought to himself, feeling his heart shatter to billions of pieces in the process.
 
               "Why didn't she take you with her?" Jimin asked. Hoseok loved having Jimin as a friend but he honsetly really wanted to shut him up in that moment.
 
                 Taehyung just stayed silent, looking back down at his hands. Hoseok being 
Hoseok, changed the subject and tried to brighten his mood. Hoseok  took a piece of his japchae with his chopsticks and put it in front of  Taehyung's face. Hoseok smiled brightly when Taehyung looked up at him, unknowingly making Taehyung melt with that smile of his. "Go on, eat it...unless you don't like japchae."
 
                Hoseok noticed Taehyung's face brighten when he saw the japchae, making him smile even wider if that was possible.
 
                "No, I love japchae...but I can't take your food. Plus, like I said before I'm not hungry."
 
                 "It isn't taking my food, I'm the one that wants you to have it!" Hoseok smiled  "You need to eat." Hoseok said sternly but softly at the same time.
 
                 "Okay..." Taehyung said giving up, "thank you." Taehyung said softly and ate the japchae that was held out for him. Taehyung blushed when he realized that he was actually eating off the chopsticks Hoseok had been eating with and caught himself staring at Hoseok's soft pink lips as Hoseok chewed on another bite. 'Omo...we just indirectly kissed...his lips look so soft...what am I thinking? It's not like I like him or something... well he is really cute. It's not like I like him though, I barely know him!'
 
                Taehyung knew that if he even were to ever like him like that, Hoseok would never like him. He would get sick of him eventually. Hoseok probably wasn't even gay. But it's not like any of this mattered because Taehyung doesn't like him that way. Right?
 
______________________________________________________________________________________
 
           Hi everyone! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! I have to go to school tomorrow, kill me now. Anyways, I'll probably update on Friday, if not sooner. I'll make sure to make it a long chapter. Thank you for all the sweet comments.