Chapter 3

잡아줘 (Hold Me Tight)

Taehyung's POV:

              "What took you so long?!" Taehyung's dad yelled as soon as he heard the door to the house open. Taehyung kept his head down as he handed him one of the beer bottles. Taehyung never knew if he should respond or not even after all these years. If Taehyung responded his dad would get mad. If Taehyung didn't respond, his dad would still get mad. There was no winning.
 
             "I'm sorry." Taehyung bowed, keeping his head down.
 
             "Why is your head down?! Is that respectful?!"
 
             "No sir, it isn't. I'm sorry."
 
             "I don't want your damn apologies!" he yelled as he broke one of his empty alcohol glasses against the wall. Taehyung showed no pain as his dad slid the broken glass across his skin. He was too used to the pain and the cuts relaxed him. This, however, was not acceptable to his father. Pain is what his dad wanted to see. "Is that not painful enough for you? Huh?!" he exclaimed as he kicked his feet from underneath him so that he was on the floor and kicked him till Taehyung's stomach had fresh bruises.
*******************************************************************************************************************
 
            The beating finally stopped at around 8:00. Taehyung examined himself in the full length mirror near his bed. He had a split lip and bruised cheek from the kids at school and cut up arms and legs along with a bruised stomach from his dad and some of his own self infliction. These were just some of the everyday things for Taehyung. "So ugly..." he whispered to himself. He couldn't remember a time that he didn't have a single bruise or cut on his body.
 
          Taehyung lie down on his bed and stared up at the cieling, lost in thought 'Hoseok...Hoseok...such a beautiful name...why did he do that? Why didn't he just leave me to get beat up like everyone else? Why did he stop them?'
__________________________________________________________________________________________
 
  Hoseok's POV
           "Okay class, today we have quite a few new students. I hope you treat them all with respect. Would you please introduce yourselves?" The teacher asked.
 
            The girls and some of the guys swooned as they each introduced themselves one by one. "Hello! I'm Jung Hoseok I ho-"
 
            "I-I'm sorry for b-being late." Hoseok turned to see the most adorable person he had ever laid eyes on. He looked like an adorable puppy with his fluffy yet silky brownish black hair that looked to have so many layers to it, possibly the longest eyelashes he had ever seen, and big pink lips. He was tall, around 6'0. The class snickered as the boy looked down at the floor.
 
            "It is quite alright Taehyung. I was just introducing some new students." the teacher said with a soft smile.
 
              'Taehyung...' Hoseok thought to himself, memorizing the name.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Taehyung's POV
              Taehyung looked up from his place on the ground and his eyes widened when he saw the same boy from yesterday next to him.
 
              "H-hello..." Taehyung said softly.
 
               The group grinned "Hi!" they said happily and there was that beautiful heart shaped smile that Taehyung couldn't stop thinking about since yesterday. Taehyung bowed before making his way to his seat right in front of Jeongki, the leader of the main group that bullied Taehyung.
 
             The teacher found seats for the group before she spoke again.  "Since we have new students today, I decided that instead of a lesson, you all can have free time today." The class cheered. "As long as it's educational." The class groaned. "You may listen to music and I'll collect your homework at the end of class. I have a meeting to go to so you will all be alone in here. Mr. Park next door will come in here if you make any noise and will tell me if anyone gets in trouble. I expect good behavior from you all." With that Mrs. Lee left the classroom. 
 
            Taehyung put in his earphones as the teacher left and pulled out a book from his backpack to read. One of the five from the group that was sat in front of Taehyung turned around so that  he was facing him and pulled out his earphones. "It's very rude of you to not greet us don't you think?"
 
           The group laughed, nodding their heads in agreement "I mean we are your friends after all... we just want to play with you" the one with dyed purple hair named Minhyuk pouted.
 
          "I-I'm s-sorry." Taehyung stuttered.
 
          "Stutter much?" they laughed. "Did you do our homework or what?"
 
          "A-ah I couldn't finish all of it... It was a packet that we've been working on for weeks...It's practically impossible to finish five of those in one night." Taehyung said in a small voice.
 
          "Are you kidding me? I don't care if it's impossible to finish in one night. You should have made it possible" Jeongki said menacingly. Taehyung looked down at his desk and bit his lip. "How many did you get done?!"​​
 
         "T-three."
 
        "Fine. Give me, Minhyuk, and Seungyeol them. Give Hyuk and Jae five bucks each."
 
         Taehyung gave the homework to them "I don't have any money..."
 
         "Ha. Yeah right. Hand it over."
 
         "I really don't."
 
           Jeongki and Minhyunk stood up and checked his pants, moving their hands around his waist and pockets. "S-stop." Taehyung said as he felt a panic attack coming on.
 
           "Why? I bet you like this don't you? ."
 
            "It seems like you're enjoying it more." A voice said from behind Jeongki. Taehyung looked to see that it was the same guy from yesterday.
 
            'Hoseok...'
 
__________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Hoseok's POV
             Jeongki looked back at the voice "Ugh it's you again..." Jeongki finished searching through his pockets and found ten dollars. "No money huh? Aww I'm so sorry! You probably didn't give this to us because of your dad am I right? Looks like someone's going to get a bad beating tonight. Poor baby!" he mocked.
 
             'A beating? Don't tell me...'
 
             Hoseok grabbed onto his elbow and pulled him back from Taehyung "Yeah, it's me. Have you forgotten what I said?" Hoseok said coldly.
 
            "No I have not. But why are you butting in again? Is he your boyfriend or something?"
 
             'So it is the same person from yesterday...How could they pick on someone so precious?'
 
             "No he's not. I'm butting in because it's not right to treat anyone like the way you're treating him! I swear I will make you wish you never took a step near him if you touch him or talk to him like that again." The rest of Hoseok's group walked up behind him.
 
             "We all will." Namjoon said from behind Hoseok.
 
              Jeonki's group scoffed. "Whatever... You'll get sick of looking after this loser eventually. No one cares about him, not even his own parents. Isn't that right Taehyungie?"
 
              Hoseok punched Jeongki in the face. "What did I just say?!" Jeongki held his cheek and glared at him. The class gasped.
 
              "Well look who's going to be in trouble now. How are you going to look after Taehyung while you're in detention?" Minhyuk smirked from beside Jeongki.
 
              "Any of you tell anyone this, and we'll make sure to make your life here miserable. You saw how the whole class reacted when we walked in. We can make every single person in this school turn on all of you in a second and you know it." Yoongi threatened.
 
              The group gulped nervously and turned away to go to another part of the classroom. "Whatever..." When they walked away is when they noticed the shaking boy in front of them.
 
              "Hey... you okay?" Hoseok asked softly as he put a hand on his shoulder. Taehyung instinctively flinched at the touch. "It's okay...I'm not going to hurt you. None of us will."
 
               "I-I can't breath." Taehyung got out. This is when they realized he was having a panic attack.
 
               "D-Do you have anxiety?" Jimin asked softly even though it was a stupid a question. Taehyung hesitated before nodding slightly.
 
               "Do you have medicine for it?" Namjoon asked but Taehyung just shook his head.
************************
 
 
                "It's okay. It's all in your head. You're breathing okay?" Hoseok said comfortingly once they took him out into the hall.
 
                 Taehyung just shook his head "I-I seriously c-can't breath." Hoseok brought him into his arms and rubbed circles into his back. Taehyung was surprised at the sudden action. He had never gotten any sign of affection before. He suddenly felt calm, his anxiety started to fade away.
 
                  After a while Hoseok pulled away slightly. "Do you feel better?"
 
                   Taehyung nodded "T-thank you..." Taehyung said in a quiet voice.
 
                   "No need to thank me." Hoseok smiled that beautiful smile of his. "I'm Jung Hoseok."
 
                    "Kim Taehyung."
 
__________________________________________________________________________________________
 
  Hello again, thank you for reading my fanfiction. I don't know if Taehyung has anxiety in real life as he has never mentioned it before and I'm not assuming that he does. I just decided to add it to the story because I actually have anxiety myself and I felt like it could be something people could relate to.
 
 By the way do you all like the frequent updates? As I said last chapter, I'm on winter break so I have a lot of time to update but I don't know if I'm updating too often. Please tell me whether you'd like me to continue with the frequent updates or update a little less often. Thank you~
 
P.S
     When I put ' ' that means that it's the persons thoughts. Just in case any of you are confused. c: