제 2 회

Motherless Child 고아
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He stepped out of his car with a bitter entitlement. The winter air bit away at his exposed skin. He sighed with spite and seriousness stabbing him. He slammed the car door shut, and walked. Some students that were passing by, mostly female, was gasping and glancing out of his direction. He sighed as if it was his way of life. He walked up the cement steps and entered through the glass doors. The serene sound of silent jeers greeted his ears. His nerves skyrocketed fifty percent.

He walked down the hallway with apprehension in his muscles. He never liked coming to the high school. Olden memories dauntlessly haunted him through the walls. His irritation only increase when nostalgia hit him like a brick wall. He walked up to the sturdy, wooden double doors. He entered, and immediately smelled cinnimon and blood. 

Three teenagers were sitting next to each other. Observing their body language, he mentally facepalmed. He strode inside, bowing in front of the olden man. The old man grimaced. The younger adult shamelessly glared at the teens. Their uniforms were covered with food. 

"What did they do this time, Mr. Kim?" he asked with a steely tone that sent frightful shivers down the teens spine. Principle Kim wiped his hand over his face, letting it cover his mouth.

"Kids, you wouldn't mind to share?" Principle Kim asked. 

5 Hours Earlier

The cafeteria was bustling with students once again. Mindless prattle spilled like water from the mouths of the young adults. Harmless banter and horseplay came natural to the teenage boys. One lone girl sighed in latent relief for the brief reprieve. She personally haboured pure hatred for interaction of any sorts.

After she recieved her lunch, she seated herself at her usually unoccupied table. A sigh escaped her lips as she began to eat. Silence drowned in her ears, much to her contempt.

"Ilbin sunbae!" a voice hollered from across the cafeteria. Some of students noses turned up in annoyance. She mentaly groan. Ilbin glared at the boy who shouted for her. She tuned out his calls to acknowlegde her. A minute later, a chair squeaked. 

"Go away." she said a vountarily icy tone, and began to play with her food. The boy pouted like an insolent child. The chair made more incessant noises as it moved closer to her. 

"Yah, sunbae. I don't like being alone you know." he complained. 

"Do I know you?" she asked with false ignorance. 

"Yah! It's me! Kim. Ji. Soo!" Jisoo emphaized. Ilbin stole a quick glance. He was in the usually badboy clothes. His wrinkled, white uniform shirt was ed, and had a red t-shirt under it. His hair was ruffed up and chaotic. A nasty purple bruise adorned itself around his right eye and a band aid on his left temple. 

"Yeah, the pugnacious guy. I remember." she said with a 9 tone. The large smile on his face continously faltered. 

"I'm not pugnacious! I protect what's mine." Jisoo denied.

"What is yours to protect?" she asked sarcastically. He glared at her. Suddenly from the distance, a metal tray crashed to the floor. They both turned their heads towards the commotion. Their was a crowd gathered around. Then, one student divided the crowd by force. She glared and stood up.

"Isn't that your-" he stopped in the middle of his sentence as Ilbin walked towards the crowd. He punched the table and followed her. Inside the circle, a girl was on the ground. Her hair was covering her redden cheek. A gang of boys gathered around her with the leader crouching at her level. He had a lollipop hanging out his mouth. 

"Look. You owe me new shoes. You're rich enough, right? It shouldn't be a problem," the leader spoke with a sardonic tone. He scoffed. Suddenly, he was yanked to stand and was met with a livid face. The leader scoffed as he saw his attacker,"Ah, Seungho yah, you've arrived." he annouced sarcastically. Seungho glared at him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter