Chapter 7

The Lamp
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Update: May 4th, 2016

I'm honestly still so sad that I had to rewrite this long chapter, liked I cried so badly because I've been updating this chapter since April 14th.


"J-jongin?!"

"Baekhyun?"

"Genie!"

Genie exclaims as she doesn't know why the two men are shouting out names.

"You have some explaining to do don't you think? Does Kyungsoo even know about this?" Baekhyun yells as he points a finger towards Jongin.

"N-no and He can't know yet, please Baekhyun don't tell him anything."

"What's so bad that you have to be two different people?" Baekhyun says as he sits down on a kid chair while Genie goes to a corner and starts pulling out some coloring books from her backpack.

" I'll tell you just...just say whatever you have to say until the end okay? I'll tell you everything."

Baekhyun nods and motions Jongin to start explaining to him.

Flashback

"Jongin, c'mon you'll be late for school!" Jongin's mom shouts downstairs while preparing lunch to her 16 year old son. 

"I'm coming mom!" 16 year old Jongin yells as he finishes putting on his shoes and slings his backpack on his shoulder.

Jongin rushes downstairs and grabs the packed lunch his mom made for him. "Hey mom, is Dad coming home today? I need to tell him I got into the baseball team and dance team!"

" I'm sorry sweetie...I don't think he's coming back home tonight, again." His mother sadly smiles softly and gives a hug to her son.

Things didn't seem to go good as months passed by. Jongin's dad would come home late at night. Jongin would catch his dad drunk or smoking cigarettes and tried to cover it up with cologne. The sweet words and kissed the dear husband would give to his wife went away. Jongin's mom started to worry and tried to tell her husband to stop. Soon enough, Jongin and his mom would always stay at grandma and grandpa's house.

One night though, everything changed. Jongin and his mom have just come back from the gorcery store and was walking just a few steps from the front door of their house when they heard a loud bang. Jongin's mom quickly put Jongin in back of her and opened the door to see her husband on the floor coughing while two buff men were yelling.

"W-what's going on here?!" Jongin's mom yells as she panicks and Jongin tries to calm her down.

"Sweetieeeee relax, we're just having some fun here right guysss?" Jongin's dad says as Jongin can tell his dad was drunk again.

"Listen here, you better pay us back the money we loaned you or else." One of the buff guys say as he gives another blow to the old man's face and the two men proceed to leave.

Present Time

"We found out dad got fired from his job when I turned 13. Since he couldn't find any jobs, he got desperate and one day when he was walking down an alleyway a gang came up to him. They said they would loan him as much as he needed and he agreed. He soon tried to forget all his problems by drinking and smoking. Mom got so mad, she decided to kick him out. When I turned 18, mom started falling ill, and one day when I got home from school, I saw her on the floor.

S-she wasn't breathing, I remembered that day so clearly. I got my first place trophy in a dance competition and was so happy to tell her about the great news. I walked inside the kitchen and she was there on the floor. I cried and hugged her so tight. Out of all the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter