Chapter 4

The Lamp
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Update : March 7th, 2016

This is chapter 4 and 4.5 together!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 From the small accident that happened a few months back, it now seemed that Kai was in Genie's and Kyungsoo's daily lives. After what happened to Kyungsoo, the main CEO from his job put up a new bus system that picks up Kyungsoo from Genie's school to his new work place. Kyungsoo thought it was a bit strange that his main boss was so kind of him to do that, the expense that he must have gone through to do that just for me,  but through the ceo's secretary, they said the CEO just wanted to keep all his employees safe. Kyungsoo really wanted to meet with the boss to bow down to his all glory and thank him because what boss would actually get him a bus and take him back and forth? He tried seeing him but Kris said CEO Jongin was always busy.

Kyungsoo was now walking with an overly happy Genie who was holding his hand as she was blabbering how today was "Bring your Parent to School Day" when she suddenly haulted. Looking at Kyungsoo she whispered, "Captain Soo...i h-have no one to bring today.." 

"What do you mean? I will go Genie, parents are family right? I am your uncle so that makes me family, and that still counts okay?" Kyungsoo gave a reassuring smile and opened the doors to Genie, since Kris now knew a bit of information of Genie and himself he said that the boss gave an okay of Kyungsoo missing out on today's work. "Alright then Captain soo!"

All of the parents were now inside the class with their kids waiting for teacher Kai to come in. Most kids were excited to let their parents show their classmates what their parents do for their job. Teacher Kai came in and greeted everyone with a very brilliant smile towards Kyungsoo as Kyungsoo blushed a bit and only nodded. One by one, each parent introduced themsleves and talked about their job life.

When it was time for Kyungsoo to stand up and speak, a boy from Genie's class stood up and shouted "Aren't you just an uncle?! you're not a dad!! Mommy said people should not lie!!" A few parents just stayed quiet while some started whispering to eachother. "Hey! Uncle soo is my family and my mommy is here with me she's just an angel and she always has to see me from up there!" Genie points to the ceiling as tears start coming out of her face. She quickly runs to the door as Kyungsoo yells out for her to stop.

"Genie wait!" Kyungsoo catches up to her as Genie sobs uncontrollably. Kyungsoo quickly hugs her tight saying everything is okay.

"N-no Captain Soo, why couldn't mommy stay?! why did she have to go" Kyungsoo's heart clenches at the way Genie says those words.

Kyungsoo tried comforting Genie until a mom from her class goes up to him, quickly Genie hides behind Kyungsoo. 

"Sir, for the sake of my boy's environment, i think it would be better if you switched your niece to a different school. Kids right now do not know the meaning of loses and i do not want my child to question why someone does not have their parents."

Kyungsoo was shocked, how can someone say something like that?

"Look, ma'm, my Genie has every right to stay here. Just because I am her uncle does not mean I am not parent-type. As her legal guardian I am her mom and dad. Genie knows that i can't replace family members but she loves me very much and- slap.

That was the only sound that can be heard throughout the hall outside of the classroom.

" You are not a parent, and i hope you never will. Only a true mother or father knows. I hope Genie's mom wasn't the same as you. a disgrace."

With that, the woman and her child left from the facility. Genie's screams were what caught Kai's attention as Kai rushed out of the class and ran up to Genie and a now Kyungsoo who fell down on his knees. "What happened?!" cried out Kai and bent down to Kyungsoo who was hiding his face.

"The mean lady slapped my Captain soo!! She said very mean things!!" Genie said as she hugged Kyungsoo. A teacher nearby told Genie to come with him so Kai and Kyungsoo can talk alone, with that Genie agreed.

"Kyungsoo, hey Kyungsoo, look at me please.." Kai whispered as Kyungsoo dropped his hands down and Kai saw the tears from h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter