A Chance of Something New (4)

A Chance of Something New

Oh, my.. I'm on a roll.. Hehehe.. But seriously, I'm writing this now as I have 2 weddings to attend over the Christmas weekend so I might not be able to write much. This will have to do for now.. Hope you'll enjoy the next chapter...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Instructing the movers to put their belongings in the correct positions helped Suzy to calm down as well as to decide whether she would enjoy having this new intrusion into her life. So far, he was like a whirlwind of chaos that came by to deliberately shake up her life. From the moment he introduced himself as Key, that guy had not stopped talking. Literally, DID NOT STOP. Suzy swore that he's like that Energizer battery bunny that can go on and on and on and on. Just by helping her to unpack her few boxes of kitchen utensils and books, Suzy already knew that he came from Daegu and is an only child. He loves his parents but he can't stand being in Daegu for too long. The moment he got his high school diploma, he immediately applied to Honggik University in Seoul where he studied Fashion Design and the rest, as they say is history. Never regretting his decision, he now works as THE fashion designer for his own label, Lil Lockets. According to Key, the label comes from a joke his friends used to have whenever his 'groupies' stalked him when in university. "Whenever there's Key, there'll always be lil lockets around waiting for him to unlock them." He chuckled at that memory. "Not that I'm not tempted, I tell you but at that point, I was more interested in getting that degree and was not going to have surprises like Lil Keys suddenly popping out of nowhere. Anyway, after years of experimenting, I think I prefer to unlock those doors that comes with a long door handle, if you know what I mean."

 

 

"Er...." Suzy blushed on hearing that and tried to hide it. "Aigoo, Suzy.. You are simply too cute.. So innocent.. Which surprises me actually coz you DO have a child." Key smiled as he gave in to his desire to pinch those cute cheeks of hers. "I believe everything is all unpacked already. Let's go to my apartment. I can't wait to show Yoogeun Comme Des and Garcons. Yes, Yes.. They are named after the Japanese fashion label." Key rolled his eyes. "You wouldn't know how many times I had people asking me about it. Maybe I should just record my voice and play that recording whenever that happened. Hahaha..."

 

 

Again, he just left her in the kitchen as he went to find Yoogeun who had been unpacking his belongings in his new room. A shout of joy soon followed before Yoogeun came running out of his room to find Suzy and asked if he could go over to play with the doggies at Key's apartment. Looking down at his big, sparkling eyes as he his full aegyo mode on her, Suzy knew that she had lost. Whether she would enjoy it or not, Key will be part of her life from now onwards.

 

 

With a dramatic sigh as Suzy turned around in a ballerina twirl, she bowed before saying "Yes, my lil prince. Your wish is my command. Off we go to Master Key's abode to see what adventures we can find there." Suzy laughed when Yoogeun whined. "Mom... That was 4 years ago when I was younger. Now I'm all grown up. I don't go hunting around people's houses to find dragons and treasures anymore." Kissing away his small pout, Suzy apologised as she locked up her apartment.

 

 

Entering Key's house, it was surprisingly quite chic and balanced. Suzy was actually expecting loud, vibrant colours with interesting art pieces decorating his house. "Yeah, it's not what you expected, right? I get that alot too.. Hahaha.." He laughed while his hands were busy making tea for the adults and hot chocolate for Yoogeun who immediately took a liking to Comme Des and Garcons. The feelings seemed to be mutual too as the doggies started barking and wagging their tails in delight even though they had just met him.

 

 

"People who don't know me would have thought that my house will be a mess considering my personality but they are wrong coz at the end of the day, I just like to unwind with my glass of red wine while listening to classical music. My favourite is "Fur Elise" by Beethovan. Something about that just soothes away my tiredness and makes me feel lighter. A warning though, if you hear heavy metal music, run away coz that means I'm in a bad mood. You wouldn't like Moody Key. Hahaha.... Enough about me though. Let's gossip."

 

 

Pulling Suzy to his living room as both juggled with their hot tea, he sat down on his persian carpet. "So, Suzy. Tell me more about yourself. Come on. Don't be shy. We are friends here. I promise not to tell anyone. Promise.." Suzy hesitated as he was still a stranger after all regardless of how much info he had told about himself. She was going to evade those questions but somehow, words suddenly poured out as though they were waiting for a moment like this to be released. Maybe it was the fact that Key seemed to be a nice guy or even the fact that she was mentally drained out with the moving and her spat with Mr but she felt a lot better after talking to him. She still hide some facts about herself though like where she came from and who was Yoogeun's father. All Key knew was that she was an orphan who got into a wrong relationship and she got pregnant at 18 years old, the father died and she had to work hard to earn a better life for Yoogeun and herself. Key knew the previous owners and was pleased that Yeri had been the one who helped Suzy to get that apartment. There were times during their conversation that Suzy saw Key's eyes narrowed as though he did not believe her words totally, but he kept quiet and Suzy was grateful for that.

 

 

" So, Suzy. Aren't you ever going to ask me about Minho?"

 

 

"Who? You mean, Mr Arrogant Armani-obsessed ert who had no manners to apologise to a woman??!!" Just thinking about their earlier encounter, Suzy could feel her heartbeat getting faster as warmness flushed her cheeks making them look rosy. Deep inside her, she refused to acknowledge the fact that her heart is beating faster, not because of any anger towards THAT Minho. Refused to admit that his cologne had been intoxicating to her senses that it almost made her want to nuzzle his neck as they laid on the floor. Refused to admit that his lips felt so right that she almost wanted to deepen that kiss just to feel more of the sparks that it ignited. "No, Key.. I do not want to know more about him. He can go and date those Armani suits for all I care."

 

 

With those words that did not match her outlook, Suzy failed to convince the person who was looking at her. He could see that there was a spark in her eyes as she spoke. A spark that had been missing for years. He intended to bring that spark back into her life and he just found a perfect way to do it.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder who was is that Suzy failed to convince?