Morning Routine

Images and Words

“The girl of the verses!”

Raina sighed, it was useless to just run in the door or to hide, that would reveal herself immediately, but when someone like her wants to escape, thinking about the whole consequent panorama it’s not on the same frame. So, she ran inside the apartment and rested her body against the door. A few seconds
later, she regretted such action and came out again, to her surprise Lizzy was still standing by her door.

“I’m Raina” she said and bowed, to get inside her own apartment again. She was not ready to stand an interrogation about why she wrote that or how
she wrote it. The least Raina needed was someone digging in the leftovers on what was the experience of loving someone, and then, when finally finding the
courage to let this person know about it, the object of the feelings is no more. 

She looked down, took a breath and walked straight to her little kitchen to get another cup of tea, taking one of her favorite photo albums when she set the water to boil.

“Were all the writing and feelings a waste?” she thought aloud “Maybe it was for the best, is not like my writing is the best and I’m not the prettiest girl of all Korea.” she rolled her eyes and directed them back to the photo album.

**

NEXT DAY…

The sound of the alarm woke Raina up, she stretched and no time was lost as she started her daily routine on the bathroom, the kitchen and the closet as she picked up an all-black outfit. Back to the bathroom, she brushed her hair until she considered it decent enough, while doing that, she couldn’t help to wonder what could be waiting for her today, what new models would she knew, what would be today’s theme. Work. Her thoughts were usually centered in that.

Raina went back to the kitchen, were she ate some toasts and drank a glass of milk in two gulps, after washing her dishes, she went towards the entrance, picked her bag with her cameras and walked out of the door in a perfect time of 60 minutes.

**

An alarm was heard really low, the phone kept using the vibration motion to move around the night table without waking up its owner. It was the sound after 30 minutes when the 5th alarm was on, that made the object fall making a loud sound, finally waking the blonde owner in surprise.

“Yah! What’s wrong with you?” she protested as she sat on bed. When picking the phone and turning it on again, she realized how late she was gonna arrive at her workplace. The lack of stretching made her body half-functional and she found herself making decisions between brushing her teeth first or her hair, only to try doing it both at the same time, but the effort was useless for her coordination wasn’t good and she ended up wasting precious time that could have been saved up if she only chose one of the things to do first.

Lizzy grabbed up the first pair of pants that found clean and a wrinkled white shirt, then covered with a blue jacket and took her shoes to the door where she wore them, as she munched a half cooked toast she quickly made. 

**

8:00am

See? Raina is always on time, unlike some models who seem to take their profession with little interest, the girl’s boss said, addressing at 2 models who were required to be an hour earlier, for hair and make up, but just made it a few seconds ago.

**

8:40am

“Do you count with a clock, right, Miss Park?”

“I do. But my ph-”

“Silence!” her lady boss requested and took a breath before adding

“Look, you’re a wonderful and great writer, but I just wished your skills matched your punctuality. Think, girl! what if someone suddenly made a perfect work during your absence?”

Lizzy stood there silent until her boss asked her to retire, and so, she went to her usual chair, working without talking to no one, but could hear a little giggling from an annoying co-worker of hers that made her type the keys a bit harder, trying to make two things: one, to silence the sound of such mocking giggle, and two, to show how aware she was of the person and how angry such attitude made her.

**

LUNCH BREAK

Raina was about to go for a sandwich when her boss came to tell her that after it, she had a request from the local journal: to take pictures of the theatre’s paint workshop. She nodded and took the pamphlet that contained the details of the event to photograph.

Not too far from there, Lizzy was also receiving orders from her boss to make an article about an event. She rolled her eyes after she left, with so many things to write and to be decided, why she was asked to cover the art section? It wasn’t that she disliked it, but she thought that her skills would be better on another sections. But well, in her mind, culture should never be depreciated, she stood up, stretched a bit to get rid a bit of the lazyness, took her purse, notebook and took a cab to the theatre.