The Girl of the Verses

Images and Words

Next day…

A note slides under the door.

“Uh… I don’t know how to say this either, but… I think your love has moved out.

I’m new here. My name is Lizzy. It’s nice to meet you. 

P.S. You write wonderful verses.”

Raina was frozen. Not only the object of her love moved out but also the new girl in front was praising the verses she wrote, the same ones she labeled as 'too cheesy' and the ones which took out a laugh from one of her co-workers due to the whole pink colour that didn't match her usual dark clothes.

She put on her slippers and went over her new neighbor's door. But she thought that it was better to go back, she didn't know how she looked like so why bothering on letting her know the face and the clothes that originated such verses?

"Hey, please, would you help me here?" a blonde haired girl was asking behind a pile of books she was bringing with her, they covered her face making it almost impossible to know where she was walking. Raina ran to her aid and took almost half of the books from the tall tower.

"I wish there were carts to carry books inside a building, I've been having trouble to move with them and it's not like I count with a supporting character on my life to help me with these kind of things." Raina chuckled and asked where she should be delivering the books.

"Oh, right here on the next door." When Raina noticed the door, it was like time slowed down as her eyes widened. She gulped and her thoughts ran in a loop please not that door, please not that door, please not that door. Unfortunately for her, it was that door.

"Well, we're here" said the girl. "You could leav-"

"I'll help you inside, don't worry." cutted Raina. She could get the books inside and escape over her apartment before she noticed or had the chance to follow her.

What she didn't expect was that the apartment's decoration was gonna caught her eye and time. The walls she once saw gray, were now of a beautiful yellow tone, almost mustard. The kitchen had a couple of plants and colorful cups and plates. When she looked back to the living room, close to the window —which seemed to be covered by a curtain soon, judging by the dark blue cloth laying on the couch— there was a white typewriter and close to it, a couple of pictures.

"Are you writing something?"

The girl looked where Raina got her eyes on and said "Oh yes! I'm trying to write a new story, it involves a girl who lives in a forest who's in love with this guy who's often out on many tasks, but mostly war. I'm bad at explaining my stories, so please don't ask me more." she went over to pick one of the photos and brought it to her, "I'm trying to describe the forest, but maybe I'm exceeding with descriptions. My other version of that it's too simple and there's not that poetic part of 'leaves fall all year, bit by bit, making a beautiful bed for peace'.

Raina smiled "Sounds beautiful. I think I can help with more photos, though. I happen to be a photographer and any other day I'm sent to a garden or a forest. I'm sure I can find a couple of pictures in my albums. By the way, you could also talk about the weather in there" she tilted her head and added "I mean, it's not like it's gonna be fall during the entire story, let alone the whole year."

"Oh goodness! I didn't think about that. Thank you so much!"

"It's okay"

"Would you like to stay for tea and cake? I just got a good one earlier."

Raina tried to avoid her time to stretch in there, going back with her photos, and with the blonde going unknown about her verses and identity. But her attempts were almost useless, she gave up "Only 15 minutes, I have take care of some photos."

"Deal."

They talked about the forests, some landscapes they liked, Raina gave her a couple of ideas on more descriptions for the setting on her story as they drank tea and ate cake. Before she realized, the 15 minutes became 2 hours, she actually got herself entertained with all the crazy ideas and work stuff.

"I work on the local newspaper, so maybe we'll be seeing each other, who knows?"

"I bet we will, sometimes they ask me to do some works for a couple of sections. I made some nice acquaintances there."

"Well, now you made another one".

**

When going to the door, the blonde let Raina to go out before yelling "Wait!" the latter turned almost scared that maybe there was something she didn't notice, a bug, or some danger of some kind "I forgot to tell you my name. I'm Lizzy" she said with a cheesy smile.

"Yes, I know"

"You do?"

Raina froze again, as that early morning. Please don't realize that, don't realize that, don't realize that

"How do you-" said Lizzy before realizing the door Raina was in front of.

"The girl of the verses!"